Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick 1 round mock done on IRC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Quick 1 round mock done on IRC

    Had 5 people. Went in order - Fenikz, APS, Bos, Deep, and then myself (thus, I had picks 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30).

    I think we all finished and said ... um this is interesting, but we had time to kill and they wanted to post it (well some of them).

    The draft and then my comments below. the other guys can add their own comments.

    Mock Draft

    1. Carolina Panthers – DT Nick Fairley, Auburn.
    2. Denver Broncos – CB Patrick Peterson, LSU.
    3. Buffalo Bill – OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M
    4. Cincinnati Bengals – WR AJ Green, Georgia
    5. Arizona Cardinals – QB Cameron Newton, Auburn.
    6. Cleveland Browns – DE Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson.
    7. San Francisco 49ers – CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska.
    8. Tennessee Titans - QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri.
    9. Dallas Cowboys – DL Marcel Dareus, Alabama.
    10. Washington Redskins – DL JJ Watt. Wisconsin.
    11. Houston Texans – OLB Robert Quinn, UNC.
    12. Minnesota Vikings – QB Jake Locker, Washington.
    13. Detroit Lions – OT Nate Solder, Colorado.
    14. St. Louis Rams – WR Julio Jones, Alabama.
    15. Miami Dolphins – WR Titus Young, Boise State.
    16. Jacksonville Jaguars – DL Cameron Jordan, California.
    17. New England Patriots – OLB Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue.
    18. San Diego Chargers – DL Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple.
    19. New York Giants – OT Tyron Smith, USC.
    20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DE Aldon Smith, Missouri.
    21. Kansas City Chiefs – NT Phil Taylor, Baylor.
    22. Indianapolis Colts – OT Derrek Sherrod, Mississippi State.
    23. Philadelphia Eagles – OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin.
    24. New Orleans Saints – OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA.
    25. Seattle Seahawks – CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado.
    26. Baltimore Ravens – CB Brandon Harris, Miami.
    27. Atlanta Falcons – DL Adrian Clayborn, Iowa.
    28. New England Patriots – OT Anthony Costanzo, Boston College.
    29. Chicago Bears – WR Torrey Smith, Maryland.
    30. New York Jets – OLB Justin Houston, Georgia.
    31. Pittsburgh Steelers – OG Danny Watkins, Baylor.
    32. Green Bay Packers - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama.

    I don't think any of our individual mocks would look like this, so this was fairly interesting. My picks:

    5. Arizona - QB Cam Newton.

    Von and Prince are off the board. I don't buy Quinn up here just yet (he needs a superb workout and awesome interviews to get in the top 10. 5 is a bit high). I actually like Prince Amukamara, but overall, I'm not sold that he's a top 5 pick. The Cardinals will address QB at some point this offseason. If FA isn't allowed pre-draft, and they are stuck in this situation (with how the top 4 picks fall), I think they would look at Cam and Blaine a long time. I have the two of them fairly close, but I wonder if Cam's better playmaking ability with his legs might entice Whisenhunt.

    10. Washington Redskins - DL JJ Watt, Wisconsin.

    Yes, they need a WR. Yes, Julio makes some sense. That said, Shanahan's history of drafting a WR early isn't that deep (only Lelie comes to mind). I think they are interested in Locker, but at 10? Since I couldn't trade out, I passed on that for now. The other offensive needs can wait. That left me looking defense, where they badly need impact DL talent. I think Watt is a bit tougher against the run than Jordan, and thus the nod. I could see Watt, Jordan, or Julio here, though.

    15. Miami Dolphins - WR Titus Young, Boise State.

    The one that makes you scratch you head. I'll admit it, very out of left field. I did ponder this a long time, though. I don't know if I buy them going DL here, at least, not with what was left on the board. I pondered the linebackers, but couldn't bring myself to do it, and couldn't bring myself to go any DB's this high.

    I kept thinking about how ownership is demanding a bigger play offense. I just don't know if I see Mark Ingram here. OL? Don't see it. Mallet? Don't see it.

    Let me be clear, my preference would've been to deal out. I could also perhaps see them intrigued with a Torrey Smith or Jon Baldwin. That said, Young offers explosiveness that they really lack, and would be one way for Ireland to sell the idea that he tried to make them more explosive offensively.

    20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Aldon Smith, Missouri.

    Really not much needs to be said here. They could use an impact end, and Aldon was hanging around. I honestly didn't think too deep on this one.

    25. Seattle Seahawks - CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado.

    I don't love this pick. I really don't. I kept pondering WR's, but just wasn't sold on Torrey Smith or Jon Baldwin here. Honestly, of all the picks I made, this is the one that troubles me the most. I don't see them going Mallet. I really couldn't see DL here. That said, I did keep thinking back to OL. Just couldn't pull the trigger.

    30. New York Jets - OLB Justin Houston, Georgia.

    Admittedly, I got lazy at the end and threw it open to the floor. I had been thinking Aaron Williams a bit, with talk that Cromartie is on his way out.

  • #2
    Cameron Jordan is a great pick, fenikz.

    Comment


    • #3
      I love the Cameron Jordan pick

      Thanks BoneKrusher
      IN SHAD WE TRUST

      Comment


      • #4
        Jake Locker is alright I guess...

        Bonekrusher.

        Originally posted by JordanTaber
        Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

        Comment


        • #5
          id like to thank all my fans, and of course my fellow draftees for making my awesome picks so awesome

          Comment


          • #6
            I would rather for the skins, if you are focusing on the defensive side, gone with Quinn. Pairing Quinn on the opposite side of Orakpo is a scenario I would like to see.

            Comment


            • #7
              awful ATL pick. Atlanta actually values character. Claiborn doesn't have any unfortunately. right position though.

              Owner of ScarDraft
              Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

              Comment


              • #8
                You know Bos could be anyone. Just throwing that out there.

                Sig by: BK

                02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                Originally posted by fenikz
                we all hate you

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by scar988 View Post
                  awful ATL pick. Atlanta actually values character. Claiborn doesn't have any unfortunately. right position though.
                  I tried to get him to pick Mark Ingram or Justin Houston, but it's APS. What do you expect.

                  He considered that his best pick.

                  Sig by: BK

                  02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                  02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                  02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                  Originally posted by fenikz
                  we all hate you

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by fed36 View Post
                    I would rather for the skins, if you are focusing on the defensive side, gone with Quinn. Pairing Quinn on the opposite side of Orakpo is a scenario I would like to see.
                    While I'm a Bears fan, I've been partial to the Skins my entire life, having grown up in the area. I watched them enough this year - while they idea of adding an explosive guy opposite Orakpo makes sense, the first thing they need to do is clear room for him (furthermore, Chris Wilson was decent when he had PT). Are you going to put one of them on the strongside and feel like you are getting your money's worth?

                    It's a possible pick, I don't deny that, but I think they need to go DL before another rush backer. They didn't have an impact player up there this year, and a good 3-4 needs an impact player ... somewhere ... in that 30 front.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I had Denver, SF, Minnesota, NE, Indy, ATL, and GB

                      Denver - Champ is on his way out and that secondary is shredded. Peterson is an elite talent with the potential to be a lockdown guy.

                      SF - Same deal as Denver. I almost gave them Quinn but Prince gives them a #1 corner almost immediately. I believe he'll have his growing pains, but should be a stud down the road.

                      Minnesota - This is the one Im going to get crucified for, but Ill stick by it. That franchise desperately needs a young, franchise QB and its pretty clear it isnt Jackson or Webb. I believe Locker grades out as a Top 20 talent and I think Minnesota has to pull the trigger if he gets past Washington at 10.

                      NE - Kerrigan is going to be a beast in whatever scheme you put him in. He's big, more athletic then people like to admit and he just doesn't stop. I think NE needs another pass rusher opposite Cunningham and Kerrigan fits the mold.

                      Indy - Obviously they need something along that offensive line and Sherrod seemed more Indy's style then Carimi or Castonzo.

                      Atlanta - Abraham can't play forever and Smith loves to rotate the defensive line. Clayborn at 27 is an absolute steal in my opinion.

                      GB- I know, I know they don't run the ball that much, but honestly? Rumblings suggest Grant may be a cap casualty and Ingram could have gone much earlier then this. BPA at a position where they are thin.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Indy - Obviously they need something along that offensive line and Sherrod seemed more Indy's style then Carimi or Castonzo.
                        Every mock drafter ever, read this, over and over and over again, until it is drilled into your head. That's pretty much exactly how I'd rank those three, though I'd probably have Solder in between Carimi and Castonzo.


                        The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

                        If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

                        <Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post

                          10. Washington Redskins - DL JJ Watt, Wisconsin.

                          Yes, they need a WR. Yes, Julio makes some sense. That said, Shanahan's history of drafting a WR early isn't that deep (only Lelie comes to mind). I think they are interested in Locker, but at 10? Since I couldn't trade out, I passed on that for now. The other offensive needs can wait. That left me looking defense, where they badly need impact DL talent. I think Watt is a bit tougher against the run than Jordan, and thus the nod. I could see Watt, Jordan, or Julio here, though.
                          toonster, thank you.
                          anything that helps deliver JJ DYN-O-MITE to the rams is cool with me. and if the redskins didn't take watt, perhaps the rams would, no? i'd be happy with either.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by george_allen View Post
                            toonster, thank you.
                            anything that helps deliver JJ DYN-O-MITE to the rams is cool with me. and if the redskins didn't take watt, perhaps the rams would, no? i'd be happy with either.
                            I'm huge on JJ Watt. Love him. He's my favorite 30 front DL guy in this draft, ahead o how much I liked Odrick last year (not by that much). I think he's better against the run than given credit for.

                            As a side note, if Amukamara slips, and Carlos Rogers is let go, I wouldn't rule out Prince here.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                              Had 5 people. Went in order - Fenikz, APS, Bos, Deep, and then myself (thus, I had picks 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30).

                              I think we all finished and said ... um this is interesting, but we had time to kill and they wanted to post it (well some of them).

                              The draft and then my comments below. the other guys can add their own comments.

                              Mock Draft

                              1. Carolina Panthers – DT Nick Fairley, Auburn.
                              2. Denver Broncos – CB Patrick Peterson, LSU.
                              3. Buffalo Bill – OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M
                              4. Cincinnati Bengals – WR AJ Green, Georgia
                              5. Arizona Cardinals – QB Cameron Newton, Auburn.
                              6. Cleveland Browns – DE Da’Quan Bowers, Clemson.
                              7. San Francisco 49ers – CB Prince Amukamara, Nebraska.
                              8. Tennessee Titans - QB Blaine Gabbert, Missouri.
                              9. Dallas Cowboys – DL Marcel Dareus, Alabama.
                              10. Washington Redskins – DL JJ Watt. Wisconsin.
                              11. Houston Texans – OLB Robert Quinn, UNC.
                              12. Minnesota Vikings – QB Jake Locker, Washington.
                              13. Detroit Lions – OT Nate Solder, Colorado.
                              14. St. Louis Rams – WR Julio Jones, Alabama.
                              15. Miami Dolphins – WR Titus Young, Boise State.
                              16. Jacksonville Jaguars – DL Cameron Jordan, California.
                              17. New England Patriots – OLB Ryan Kerrigan, Purdue.
                              18. San Diego Chargers – DL Muhammad Wilkerson, Temple.
                              19. New York Giants – OT Tyron Smith, USC.
                              20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DE Aldon Smith, Missouri.
                              21. Kansas City Chiefs – NT Phil Taylor, Baylor.
                              22. Indianapolis Colts – OT Derrek Sherrod, Mississippi State.
                              23. Philadelphia Eagles – OT Gabe Carimi, Wisconsin.
                              24. New Orleans Saints – OLB Akeem Ayers, UCLA.
                              25. Seattle Seahawks – CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado.
                              26. Baltimore Ravens – CB Brandon Harris, Miami.
                              27. Atlanta Falcons – DL Adrian Clayborn, Iowa.
                              28. New England Patriots – OT Anthony Costanzo, Boston College.
                              29. Chicago Bears – WR Torrey Smith, Maryland.
                              30. New York Jets – OLB Justin Houston, Georgia.
                              31. Pittsburgh Steelers – OG Danny Watkins, Baylor.
                              32. Green Bay Packers - RB Mark Ingram, Alabama.

                              I don't think any of our individual mocks would look like this, so this was fairly interesting. My picks:

                              5. Arizona - QB Cam Newton.

                              Von and Prince are off the board. I don't buy Quinn up here just yet (he needs a superb workout and awesome interviews to get in the top 10. 5 is a bit high). I actually like Prince Amukamara, but overall, I'm not sold that he's a top 5 pick. The Cardinals will address QB at some point this offseason. If FA isn't allowed pre-draft, and they are stuck in this situation (with how the top 4 picks fall), I think they would look at Cam and Blaine a long time. I have the two of them fairly close, but I wonder if Cam's better playmaking ability with his legs might entice Whisenhunt.

                              10. Washington Redskins - DL JJ Watt, Wisconsin.

                              Yes, they need a WR. Yes, Julio makes some sense. That said, Shanahan's history of drafting a WR early isn't that deep (only Lelie comes to mind). I think they are interested in Locker, but at 10? Since I couldn't trade out, I passed on that for now. The other offensive needs can wait. That left me looking defense, where they badly need impact DL talent. I think Watt is a bit tougher against the run than Jordan, and thus the nod. I could see Watt, Jordan, or Julio here, though.

                              15. Miami Dolphins - WR Titus Young, Boise State.

                              The one that makes you scratch you head. I'll admit it, very out of left field. I did ponder this a long time, though. I don't know if I buy them going DL here, at least, not with what was left on the board. I pondered the linebackers, but couldn't bring myself to do it, and couldn't bring myself to go any DB's this high.

                              I kept thinking about how ownership is demanding a bigger play offense. I just don't know if I see Mark Ingram here. OL? Don't see it. Mallet? Don't see it.

                              Let me be clear, my preference would've been to deal out. I could also perhaps see them intrigued with a Torrey Smith or Jon Baldwin. That said, Young offers explosiveness that they really lack, and would be one way for Ireland to sell the idea that he tried to make them more explosive offensively.

                              20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DE Aldon Smith, Missouri.

                              Really not much needs to be said here. They could use an impact end, and Aldon was hanging around. I honestly didn't think too deep on this one.

                              25. Seattle Seahawks - CB Jimmy Smith, Colorado.

                              I don't love this pick. I really don't. I kept pondering WR's, but just wasn't sold on Torrey Smith or Jon Baldwin here. Honestly, of all the picks I made, this is the one that troubles me the most. I don't see them going Mallet. I really couldn't see DL here. That said, I did keep thinking back to OL. Just couldn't pull the trigger.


                              30. New York Jets - OLB Justin Houston, Georgia.

                              Admittedly, I got lazy at the end and threw it open to the floor. I had been thinking Aaron Williams a bit, with talk that Cromartie is on his way out.
                              This is the correct pick. They don't really need another young WR and the only way they'll need a RT is if they lose Locklear AND Willis to FA.
                              "I'm Ko Simpson!"

                              - Ko Simpson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information