X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Perfect Score
    started a topic Consensus Mock, IRC Style

Consensus Mock, IRC Style

Voting Mock that occurred in IRC. Myself, fenikz, tackle and toonster with vidae acting as tiebreaker. Here is what we came up with...

<@APS> 1. Carolina Panthers - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    <@APS> 2. Denver Broncos - Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
    <@APS> 3. Buffalo Bills -Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
    <@APS> 4. Cincinatti Bengals - AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    <@APS> 5. Arizona Cardinals - Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
    <@APS> 6. Cleveland Browns - Daquan Bowers, DE, Clemson
    <@APS> 7. San Francisco 49ers - Robert Quinn, OLB, North Carolina
    <@APS> 8. Tennessee Titans - Marcel Dareus, DT, Alabama
    <@APS> 9. Dallas Cowboys - Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska
    <@APS> 10. Washington Redskins - Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
    <@APS> 11. Houston Texans - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    <@APS> 12. Minnesota Vikings - Cam Jordan, DE, Cal
    <@APS> 13. Detroit Lions - Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama
    <@APS> 14. St Louis Rams - Corey Liuget, DT, Illinois
    <@APS> 15. Miami Dolphins - Jake Locker, QB, Washington
    <@APS> 16. Jacksonville Jaguars - JJ Watt, DE, Wisconsin
    <@APS> 17. New England Patriots - Muhammed Wilkerson, DE, Temple
    <@APS> 18. San Diego Chargers - Aldon Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri
    <@APS> 19. New York Giants - Anthony Castonzo, OT, Boston College
    <@APS> 20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tyron Smith, OT, USC
    <@APS> 21. Kansas City Chiefs - Phil Taylor, DT, Baylor
    <@APS> 22. Indianapolis Colts - Nate Solder, OT, Colorado
    <@APS> 23. Philadelphia Eagles - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
    <@APS> 24. New Orleans Saints - Adrian Clayborn, DE, Iowa
    <@APS> 25. Seattle Seahawks - Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue
    <@APS> 26. Baltimore Ravens - Jimmy Smith, CB, Colorado
    <@APS> 27. Atlanta Falcons - Mike Pouncey, OG, Florida
    <@APS> 28. New England Patriots - Gabe Carimi, OT, Wisconsin
    <@APS> 29. Chicago Bears - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
    <@APS> 30. New York Jets - Cam Heyward, DE, Ohio State
    <@APS> 31. Pittsburgh Steelers - Ben Ijalana, OL, Villanova
    <@APS> 32. Green Bay Packers - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois

• proshoota25
    replied
    i agree with the other pats fans. wilkerson is a great fit, but i think if anything, the patriots would move back a few spots and then secure his services if he is the true target. they did the same with mccourty last year.

Leave a comment:

• prock
    replied
    I dig Cam Jordan.

Leave a comment:

• thebow305
    replied
    Locker is definitely a risky pick, but I'd be alright with it.

Leave a comment:

• coordinator0
    replied
    Jimmy Smith to the Ravens is a good pick. I know who was driving that train in this mock...

Leave a comment:

• toonsterwu
    replied
    Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
    Wilkerson could definitely work at #17, but considering New England's tradition of seniors as opposed to underclassmen, I'd bet that they'd rather grab someone like Kerrigan or Heyward at #17 if Cameron Jordan isn't available.

I don't think Carimi is the best fit at all - man blocking guy in Dante Scarnecchia's zone blocking scheme. Offensive tackle is a position that I expect the Patriots to mostly ignore this year unless the value is absolutely outstanding or no one else is left. I project them to re-sign Matt Light to a one or two-year deal and draft a backup in the mid rounds as a swing tackle and developmental guy like they usually do.

Where the Patriots really need help on offense is in the middle of their defensive line. Koppen has had trouble with nose tackles for a while and will be 32 in September. The Patriots have supposedly targeted guys like Maurkice Pouncey and Eric Wood in recent years (and brought in Al Johnson to push him a couple of seasons ago), so if they like the value of a Wisniewski or Pouncey there, I'd expect them to make that pick. Depending on whether or not Logan Mankins plays, the Patriots could have a serious need for a guard too now that Neal retired and Kaczur is on his way out.

Justin Houston and Brooks Reed are two guys to strongly consider at the end of the first, although Houston's stiffness in coverage will not help his chances.
    I had been targeting Pouncey for the Patriots the whole time, but I liked the Pouncey fit enough on paper with Atlanta. I'm not real sold of Wisnewski as a first round pick and didn't ponder it that much, but sure, I could see that.

I really don't anticipate Carimi falling there. The value is fairly solid there. Not out of this world great, but solid. Carimi is the type of guy that could probably start inside, and then eventually shift to RT when Light is let go. As a side note, Wisconsin does run it's fair share of zone blocking, off the top of my head.

The reality is that, if New England exercises both first round picks, I think plenty of people are going to be mildly surprised.

Leave a comment:

• toonsterwu
    replied
    Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
    Ingram is a poor pick for the Lions.
    that was a somewhat odd situation in our mock. I had casually mentioned the idea that Ingram was a possible darkhorse pick for them (Schwartz and Co. would like a more physical run game), but I didn't anticipate going with Ingram. I didn't realize that someone else was leaning Ingram. Another player got 2 votes, but I didn't believe in that player going that high. Rather than bringing in a 3rd option, which would've thrown the vote to the other player, I decided to push this to vidae making a tie-breaking vote.

For me, the vote on Ingram was more to prevent a pick that I just did not believe in there. I don't really anticipate Ingram going there, although it wouldn't shock me if they surprise with that route.

Leave a comment:

• 49erNation85
    replied
    Excellent pick for SF.Since they released their LB now it is another need ugh!

Leave a comment:

• Matthew Jones
    replied
    Wilkerson could definitely work at #17, but considering New England's tradition of seniors as opposed to underclassmen, I'd bet that they'd rather grab someone like Kerrigan or Heyward at #17 if Cameron Jordan isn't available.

I don't think Carimi is the best fit at all - man blocking guy in Dante Scarnecchia's zone blocking scheme. Offensive tackle is a position that I expect the Patriots to mostly ignore this year unless the value is absolutely outstanding or no one else is left. I project them to re-sign Matt Light to a one or two-year deal and draft a backup in the mid rounds as a swing tackle and developmental guy like they usually do.

Where the Patriots really need help on offense is in the middle of their defensive line. Koppen has had trouble with nose tackles for a while and will be 32 in September. The Patriots have supposedly targeted guys like Maurkice Pouncey and Eric Wood in recent years (and brought in Al Johnson to push him a couple of seasons ago), so if they like the value of a Wisniewski or Pouncey there, I'd expect them to make that pick. Depending on whether or not Logan Mankins plays, the Patriots could have a serious need for a guard too now that Neal retired and Kaczur is on his way out.

Justin Houston and Brooks Reed are two guys to strongly consider at the end of the first, although Houston's stiffness in coverage will not help his chances.

Leave a comment:

• Scotty D
    replied
    Ingram is a poor pick for the Lions.

Leave a comment:

• toonsterwu
    replied
    Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Just looked up his official numbers....6'0 and half and 294. Not bad at all. I was worried more about weight than height. Being short and stumpy might actually benefit him in getting leverage.
    There is one comparison that could be made, though, for Nevis to defend him as a first rounder - he does compare somewhat positively to Mike Patterson coming out.

Leave a comment:

• BeerBaron
    replied
    Just looked up his official numbers....6'0 and half and 294. Not bad at all. I was worried more about weight than height. Being short and stumpy might actually benefit him in getting leverage.

Leave a comment:

• toonsterwu
    replied
    We have Melton at 260 playing there, and it's not quite like the league is heavily enough run-oriented that I'd worry about Nevis standing up against power run teams.

Definite possibility I think.
    Wait, i think you are misunderstanding me, or something. I'm not saying Nevis isn't a 3-technique, or that he isn't a fit. I love his pass-rushing ability.

I'm saying that a 280ish, 6'0" Nevis, who isn't that stout against the run, well, I'm not real sold that player is a first round pick.

Leave a comment:

• BeerBaron
    replied
    Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
    In the Lovie regime, certain positions on defense are places that they tend to not give high energy to, and much as I love Paea, I've got a hard time seeing them target a 4-3 NT in the first. If they believed Paea was a possible 3-technique, okay.

I love Nevis. I really do, but ... he's so undersized that I'm not sure Nevis has first round value.
    We have Melton at 260 playing there, and it's not quite like the league is heavily enough run-oriented that I'd worry about Nevis standing up against power run teams.

Definite possibility I think.

Leave a comment:

• toonsterwu
    replied
    What would be wrong with Nevis or Paea? I'd gladly accept either. Nevis definitely fits the mold of a penetrating UT and that would greatly tempt JA and Lovie. Paea may not be a great fit in the same way, but his value is terrific there. With Harris and possibly Adams both out, we simply need more talent at the position, in whatever form.

And while our WR corps definitely requires help, as right now it is entirely made up of guys who would be great #3s, I don't buy Jerry Angelo actually going that way.

J'Marcus Webb terrified me at LT as well, as I feel like he'd get Cutler badly blindsided. And sadly, he's probably going to get every chance to be our LT of the future too...
    In the Lovie regime, certain positions on defense are places that they tend to not give high energy to, and much as I love Paea, I've got a hard time seeing them target a 4-3 NT in the first. If they believed Paea was a possible 3-technique, okay.

I love Nevis. I really do, but ... he's so undersized that I'm not sure Nevis has first round value.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X

Debug Information