Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Post-Combine Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Post-Combine Mock Draft

    Alright guys, here's my first post-combine mock draft. As always constructive responses are encouraged. If you have any questions about why I mocked any of the picks, just shoot 'em at me and hopefully I can provide a solid argument. Enjoy and leave feedback please!

    01. Carolina Panthers: Da'Quan Bowers - DE - Clemson

    02. Denver Broncos: Nick Fairley - DT - Auburn

    03. Buffalo Bills: Marcell Dareus - DE - Alabama

    04. Cincinnati Bengals: Cameron Newton - QB - Auburn

    05. Arizona Cardinals: Von Miller - OLB - Texas A&M

    06. Cleveland Browns: A.J. Green - WR - Georgia

    07. San Francisco 49ers: Patrick Peterson - CB - L.S.U.

    08. Tennessee Titans: Blaine Gabbert - QB - Missouri

    09. Dallas Cowboys: Prince Amukamara - CB - Nebraska

    10. Washington Redskins: Julio Jones - WR - Alabama

    11. Houston Texans: Robert Quinn - OLB - North Carolina

    12. Minnesota Vikings: Stephen Paea - DT - Oregon State

    13. Detroit Lions: Jimmy Smith - CB - Colorado

    14. St. Louis Rams: Aldon Smith - DE - Missouri

    15. Miami Dolphins: Mark Ingram - RB - Alabama

    16. Jacksonville Jaguars: Ryan Kerrigan - DE - Purdue

    17. New England Patriots: J.J. Watt - DE - Wisconsin

    18. San Diego Chargers: Cameron Jordan - DE - California

    19. New York Giants: Martez Wilson - LB - Illinois

    20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Adrian Clayborn - DE - Iowa

    21. Kansas City Chiefs: Phil Taylor - DT - Baylor

    22. Indianapolis Colts: Tyron Smith - OT - U.S.C.

    23. Philadelphia Eagles: Brandon Harris - CB - Miami

    24. New Orleans Saints: Akeem Ayers - LB - U.C.L.A.

    25. Seattle Seahawks: Jake Locker - QB - Washington

    26. Baltimore Ravens: Torrey Smith - WR - Maryland

    27. Atlanta Falcons: Leonard Hankerson - WR - Miami

    28. New England Patriots: Justin Houston - OLB - Georgia

    29. Chicago Bears: Anthony Castonzo - OT - Boston College

    30. New York Jets: Cameron Heyward - DE - Ohio State

    31. Pittsburgh Steelers: Gabe Carimi - OT - Wisconsin

    32. Green Bay Packers: Brooks Reed - OLB - Arizona

  • #2
    I love the Gabbert pick, but I don't think he'll be there at 8 =(

    Comment


    • #3
      Freaking awesome SF Pick!!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TitansFTW View Post
        I love the Gabbert pick, but I don't think he'll be there at 8 =(
        Why not? I really don't think we'll be seeing 2 top 5 QB's this year, and I think San Francisco fans would nearly have a heart attack when Patrick Peterson falls to them.

        Comment


        • #5
          Ingram is a great pick

          Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
            Ingram is a great pick
            I agree, but I hate how it's practically the only pick you ever see in mock drafts for the Dolphins. I think it's one of those picks that make entirely too much sense though.

            Comment


            • #7
              A-Ok with that Vikings pick. Wonder if I started a trend? :)


              www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by akvikefan89 View Post
                A-Ok with that Vikings pick. Wonder if I started a trend? :)
                Haha, not sure. I had Stephen Paea to the Vikings in my first 2 mocks of the post-season (Jan. 4th was the first one) after that I went with Ryan Mallett in my second 2 mocks, and now I'm back to Stephen Paea. I really think it could go either way. I know a lot of people have been pushing Mallett to the 2nd round as of late, but I really think the Vikings might just grab him at pick 12 if they have to.

                Regardless, Paea is a great fit for them and Leslie Frazier certainly doesn't want to see the strength of his defense dwindle down in one off-season with Ray Edwards leaving and Pat Williams' future in limbo.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Master Exploder View Post
                  Haha, not sure. I had Stephen Paea to the Vikings in my first 2 mocks of the post-season (Jan. 4th was the first one) after that I went with Ryan Mallett in my second 2 mocks, and now I'm back to Stephen Paea. I really think it could go either way. I know a lot of people have been pushing Mallett to the 2nd round as of late, but I really think the Vikings might just grab him at pick 12 if they have to.

                  Regardless, Paea is a great fit for them and Leslie Frazier certainly doesn't want to see the strength of his defense dwindle down in one off-season with Ray Edwards leaving and Pat Williams' future in limbo.
                  Fair enough, you can get the Paea credit if it ends up happening. :p

                  Mallet is a tough call, because in terms of talent there's no question he'd be a great fit at #12, but we don't really know what's going on behind closed-door interviews. If he convinces the Vikings brass he's not a large risk (like Percy Harvin did) I could see them putting their chips all on the table and going for it.

                  On the other hand, Paea seems like a safe pick at #12 and a guy who fits in perfectly with what Frazier wants and needs on defense.


                  www.minnesotavikingsnation.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by akvikefan89 View Post
                    Fair enough, you can get the Paea credit if it ends up happening. :p

                    Mallet is a tough call, because in terms of talent there's no question he'd be a great fit at #12, but we don't really know what's going on behind closed-door interviews. If he convinces the Vikings brass he's not a large risk (like Percy Harvin did) I could see them putting their chips all on the table and going for it.

                    On the other hand, Paea seems like a safe pick at #12 and a guy who fits in perfectly with what Frazier wants and needs on defense.
                    Nah, I wouldn't take credit for it. I think great minds just think alike haha.

                    You did just bring up something that I had forgotten all about with Percy Harvin. It's really going to frustrate me even more, because there is no doubt that the Viking will take a QB early this year, and looking back on how the Percy Harvin situation unfolded, and how this Ryan Mallett situation is unfolding, I'm starting to see a trend. I know Frazier has been rather open about their plans on picking up a QB early, and to me it seems like one of those situations that the media is kind of blowing out of proportion. Heck, Dan Marino went through the same stuff when he was coming into the draft. All it is going to take is one team to pull the trigger, and I admit I don't know too much about the Vikings brass, but just looking back on how they picked up Percy Harvin, might be a strong indication that they are going to seriously contemplate taking Ryan Mallett.

                    Regardless, I think they might be better suited in trading down a few spots and grabbing Paea and then trading back up to take Mallet and kill 2 birds in 1 round!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Love Pats mock
                      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Saints top need = DE. Cameron Heyward and Justin Houston are both on the board. I think one of those two would get the nod over Ayers.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Perfect Pick!
                          San Francisco 49ers: 5 Super Bowls
                          Auburn Tigers: 2 National Championships

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think Paea might be a bit of a reach there, but it is a good fit.

                            Bonekrusher.

                            Originally posted by JordanTaber
                            Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Phil Taylor = love

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information