OGDraft 3 Round Mock

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OGDraft 3 Round Mock

Since the combine is now over and pro-days are underway, I decided to update my mock, this time featuring 3 rounds. There’s a lot of new picks people haven’t seen before and I tried my best to combine teams draft strategy, needs, and what players they have shown the most interest in.

Round 1

1. Carolina Panthers – Blaine Gabbert – QB – Missouri

There’s been a lot of talk about what the Panthers will do with the #1 pick. Ron Rivera has hinted that he is not in the market for a DT. That leaves us with Da’Quan Bowers or one of the two quarterbacks. Bowers is an option, but only if Charles Johnson ends up leaving. Since there is no CBA and no free agency, Johnson isn’t going anywhere at the moment. A lot of people are mocking Cam Newton #1, but I think Gabbert is much more likely to be the pick. Cam Newton has a lot of question marks and a lot of teams have been turned off by his attitude and football IQ. Not to say Gabbert doesn’t have question marks of his own, but he is as close as you can get to a franchise quarterback in this draft.

2. Denver Broncos – Nick Fairley – DT – Auburn

John Fox recently said he is fine with his DE situation. Elvis Dumervil should return and Robert Ayers is a better fit in the 4-3 anyways. They do still need help on the defensive line though, so a DT makes sense. Nick Fairley has a ton of potential even though he isn’t a polished player yet. The Broncos could pull the trigger and get a potentially dominant DT.

3. Buffalo Bills – Von Miller – OLB – Texas A&M

Von Miller has climbed up draft boards recently, and he is worthy of a top five selection. Chan Gailey coached Von Miller at the Senior Bowl and was impressed with him. The Bills will finally have a pass-rush threat they’ve need for quite some time, and Miller should make everyone in Buffalo forget the Maybin pick from a few years ago.

4. Cincinnati Bengals – Da’Quan Bowers – DE – Clemson

The Bengals could go with A.J. Green here or perhaps even Cam Newton. We can’t get an accurate prediction on what they will do until we find out what they do with Carson Palmer. For now I think they draft Da’Quan Bowers. Carlos Dunlap came on strong at the end of last year but Odom has only played in 9 games the past 2 years and has only once in his career managed to start all 16 games. It may be time to move on or at least get some insurance.

5. Arizona Cardinals – Patrick Peterson – CB – LSU

I don’t think the Cardinals will take a QB in the first round. Most teams that do go through coaching changes, the Cardinals didn’t. They seem pretty content with John Skelton as well, who was a pretty good late round prospect last year. They need pass-rush help, but they can’t overlook Patrick Peterson. CB is a need as well and Peterson is the best player on the board.

6. Cleveland Browns – A.J. Green – WR – Georgia

The Browns should be very happy to have A.J. Green fall to them. The Browns receiving corp leaves a lot to be desired and they lack a true #1 receiver. Robiskie still has some potential but Massaquoi is better suited as a #2 receiver. A.J. Green will give young Colt McCoy a big target to throw to.

7. San Fransisco 49ers – Robert Quinn – OLB – North Carolina

The 49ers could be in the market for a quarterback, but I don’t know if Harbaugh will pull the trigger on one. I would imagine Jake Locker is his #1 choice, but he is not worth this high a pick, possibly not even a 1st rounder. They do need some pass-rush help and Robert Quinn fits their 3-4 scheme.

8. Tennessee Titans – Cam Newton – QB – Auburn

There have been some rumors that the Titans are interested in Cam Newton. It seems strange that after Vince Young failed, they would draft a similar prospect. On the other hand, maybe they like athletic QB’s with big arms. Whatever the case, they need a franchise QB and they will get one somehow this off-season.

9. Dallas Cowboys – Marcell Dareus – DT/DE – Alabama

I think Marcell Dareus is a very good prospect and I might rank him higher than Fairley when I post my big board. The Cowboys would be getting a steal here. Jerry Jones has recently said he thinks the situation at CB is OK and he may be serious. Terrance Newman is good, but he’s aging and is getting paid a lot of money. We all know what Mike Jenkins is capable of, he just had a bad year, almost every Cowboy did. Orlando Scandrick is also a solid player who has played well when he’s had the chance. I think the Cowboys hold off drafting a CB until the later rounds.

10. Washington Redskins – Julio Jones – WR – Alabama

The Redskins need a quarterback, but I don’t think they take one this high. Reportedly they were very interested in Jake Locker last year, but is he worth the 10th overall pick? They may take him, but his stock has taken a huge hit. I can see them trading down(or trading up from the 2nd) to acquire Locker. Whoever the quarterback will be next year, he will need someone to throw to. Julio Jones blew up the combine and there is talk about him going higher than A.J. Green. I don’t think that is the case…yet.

11. Houston Texans – J.J. Watt – DE – Wisconsin

With the Texans switching to a 3-4 they need a lot of pieces to make the transition. OLB is a big need, but they also need help on the DL. They are interested in acquiring a 5 technique DE and J.J. Watt is a perfect fit.

12. Minnesota Vikings – Cameron Jordan – DE – California

The Vikings have much bigger needs than DE but none of the top QB’s are on the board and with Ray Edwards possibly getting a huge contract this off-season, DE might slowly start to climb up the “needs” ladder. Cameron Jordan is a very good prospect who would be able to play LDE for the Vikings and have similar production to Edwards.

13. Detroit Lions – Prince Amukamara – CB – Nebraska

There isn’t a linebacker worth taking this high and the Lions don’t reach for their picks. Cornerback is a big need for the Lions. Chris Houston was average, and Alphonso Smith was wildly inconsistent. Amukamara is a great value pick if he lasts this long.

14. St. Louis Rams – Aldon Smith – DE – Missouri

The Rams got a lot of pressure last year, and they want to be able to keep that up this year. James Hall will be 34 and George Selvie is not a starter. Aldon Smith is one of the best players on the board and can play opposite Chris Long.

15. Miami Dolphins – Mark Ingram – RB – Alabama

This is almost a unanimous pick among mock drafts and it makes sense to me. The Dolphins winning formula begins with running the ball. The more they run, the less likely Chad Henne throws a costly interception. Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams are both getting too old to carry the load. Brown also has had trouble staying healthy. Ingram is the best back in the draft, and the Dolphins will certainly take a good look at him.

16. Jacksonville Jaguars – Ryan Kerrigan – DE – Purdue

It seems as though the Jaguars may try to run a little bit of a 3-4 next year. They have scouted linebackers heavily so far this off-season, and quite a few are 3-4 outside linebackers. Some say Kerrigan can play both in the 3-4 and the 4-3 so the Jaguars may have him standing up a few times this season. They’ve already talked to Kerrigan and they will probably bring him in for a workout closer to the draft.

17. New England Patriots – Tyron Smith – OT – Wisconsin

OT is high on the Patriots list of needs and Tyron Smith is the best tackle in this years draft. He needs some work but his ceiling is very high. He would be able to play LT for the Patriots and Vollmer would play at RT where he is a better fit.

18. San Diego Chargers – Corey Liuget – DE – Illinois

The Chargers need defensive line help, and Liuget has climbed draft boards ever since he declared. He has the size to play in the 3-4 and certainly has 1st round talent.

19. New York Giants – Nate Solder – OT – Colorado

The Giants could go with a few guys here but I think OT is one of their biggest needs. The Giants line regressed this past year and I witnessed Eli Manning getting hit way too many times. William Beatty is unproven and he really hasn’t gotten much of a chance yet. The Giants don’t mind taking the best player on the board who to them may be Solder.

20. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Adrian Clayborn – DE – Iowa

The Bucs are in the market for a defensive end since they currently don’t have much of a pass-rush. They bolstered their interior with Gerald McCoy, who had a nice rookie year, but still need help on the outside. Clayborn had a less productive season than most thought he would, but his play last year can’t be forgotten.

21. Kansas City Chiefs – Anthony Castanzo – OT – Boston College

The Chiefs could go in a number of different directions here. They could be in the market for a new nose tackle, an outside linebacker,or an inside linebacker. The offensive line shouldn’t be ignored though. Richardson should not be starting, and the Chiefs have already looked at Castanzo at the Senior Bowl.

22. Indianapolis Colts – Derek Sherrod – OT – Mississippi State

The Colts OL is a mess. Charlie Johnson is a free agent and he is not a starting caliber LT anyways. I think they should re-sign him and play him at either RT or inside at guard. The Colts have talked to Derek Sherrod already and he could be the guy they’re looking for to protect Manning.

23. Philadelphia Eagles – Brandon Harris – CB – Miami

Brandon Harris is a great player and would go much higher if it wasn’t for Patrick Peterson and Prince Amukamara. The Eagles secondary got torched last year so an upgrade is desperately needed. Brandon Harris excels in man coverage and isn’t afraid to get physical with receivers.

24. New Orleans Saints – Justin Houston – DE – Georgia

The Saints we’re interested in Jerry Hughes last year and Justin Houston is a similar prospect. Both are very athletic and have a lot of potential to develop into great DE’s. Justin Houston, in my opinion, has always been a better fit as a DE than a LB in a 3-4 system. With the recent weight he’s put on, it’s pretty clear he is a DE. He’ll give the Saints a legit pass-rushing threat opposite of Will Smith.

25. Seattle Seahawks – Danny Watkins – OG – Baylor

This is one of my surprise 1st rounders and I could see a few guys potentially sneaking into the 1st round. The Seahawks are apparently very high on Danny Watkins so I wouldn’t be surprised if they did take him this high. No doubt the Seahawks have quite a few needs on the OL and Watkins could play multiple positions. He would be a good fit in Seattle.

26. Baltimore Ravens – Jon Baldwin – WR – Pittsburgh

The Ravens love to draft the best player on the board and it just so happens it coincides with one of their biggest needs. Baldwin had a very impressive combine and would help out the Ravens offense tremendously. He’s the deep threat they’re looking for.

27. Atlanta Falcons – Leonard Hankerson – WR – Miami

Leonard Hankerson is another 1st round surprise. Hankerson has been impressive all off-season at the Senior Bowl and at the combine. He’s got the size, the speed, he just has to be more consistent catching the football. He fits what the Falcons look for. They are in need of a #2 receiver and Hankerson is a high character Senior.

28. New England Patriots – Mike Pouncey – OG – Florida

With Stephen Neal announcing his retirement, another need pops up for the Patriots. They continue to re-tool their OL with another lineman. Pouncey would be able to play at guard and the Patriots sure aren’t shy about drafting players from the University of Florida.

29. Chicago Bears – Gabe Carimi – OT – Wisconsin

The Bears offensive line is atrocious and they can’t keep ignoring it. They need an upgrade at pretty much every position on the line. Gabe Carimi is the best lineman left on the board and will surely be an upgrade somewhere.

30. New York Jets – Muhammad Wilkerson – DE – Temple

The Jets need an OLB and a DE. Brooks Reed could be the pick here, as could Akeem Ayers. I think Muhammad Wilkerson is a better fit because he’s the better prospect. He has experience playing DE, albeit in a 4-3 scheme, but it will still help him make the transition to the 3-4.

31. Pittsburgh Steelers – Phil Taylor – DT – Baylor

The Steelers don’t normally draft NT’s early but Phil Taylor could be an exception. Taylor has dominated the Senior Bowl and once again looked great at the combine. The Steelers are in the market for a NT since Casey Hampton will be turning 34 this year and they have little depth behind him.

32. Green Bay Packers – Torrey Smith – WR – Maryland

Another team who likes to take the best player available are the Green Bay Packers. Torrey Smith also happens to fill a need. Donald Driver doesn’t have much left and James Jones is a free agent. They will need to add some depth and Torrey Smith could benefit from learning from one of the best to ever play. Akeem Ayers could also be the pick here but the Packers may have Torrey Smith higher on their draft board.

Round 2

33. New England Patriots – Brooks Reed – OLB – Arizona
    34. Buffalo Bills – Colin Kaepernick – QB – Nevada
    35. Cincinnati Bengals – Ryan Mallett – QB – Arkansas
    36. Denver Broncos – Stephen Paea – DT – Oregon State
    37. Cleveland Browns – Cameron Heyward – DE/DT – Ohio State
    38. Arizona Cardinals – Akeem Ayers – OLB – UCLA
    39. Tennessee Titans – Martez Wilson – LB – Illinois
    40. Dallas Cowboys – Rahim Moore – S – UCLA
    41. Washington Redskins – Jake Locker – QB – Washington
    42. Houston Texans – Sam Acho – OLB – Texas
    43. Minnesota Vikings – Kyle Rudolph – TE – Notre Dame
    44. Detroit Lions – Edmond Gates – WR – Abilene-Christian
    45. San Francisco 49ers – Christian Ballard – DE – Iowa
    46. Denver Broncos – D.J. Williams – TE – Arkansas
    47. St. Louis Rams – Aaron Williams – CB – Texas
    48. Oakland Raiders – Rashad Carmichael – CB – Virginia Tech
    49. Jacksonville Jaguars – Marcus Gilchrist – CB/S – Clemson
    50. San Diego Chargers – Dontay Moch – OLB – Nevada
    51. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – DeMarco Murray – RB – Oklahoma
    52. New York Giants – Mikel LeShoure – RB – Illinois
    53. Indianapolis Colts – Ben Ijalana – OT/OG – Villanova
    54. Philadelphia Eagles – Rodney Hudson – OG – Florida State
    55. Kansas City Chiefs – Kenrick Ellis – DT – Hampton
    56. New Orleans Saints – Greg Jones – LB – Michigan State
    57. Seattle Seahawks – Jimmy Smith – CB – Colorado
    58. Baltimore Ravens – Curtis Brown – CB – Texas
    59. Atlanta Falcons – Kendall Hunter – RB – Oklahoma State
    60. New England Patriots – Ryan Williams – RB – Virginia Tech
    61. San Diego Chargers – Colin McCarthy – LB – Miami
    62. Chicago Bears – Drake Nevis – DT – LSU
    63. Pittsburgh Steelers – Marcus Cannon – OT/OG – TCU
    64. Green Bay Packers – Stefen Wisniewski – OG – Penn State

Round 3

65. Carolina Panthers – Marvin Austin – DT – North Carolina
    66. Cincinnati Bengals – Taiwan Jones – RB – Eastern Washington
    67. Denver Broncos – DeAndre McDaniel – S – Clemson
    68. Buffalo Bills – Virgil Green – TE – Nevada
    69. Arizona Cardinals – James Carpenter – OT – Alabama
    70. Cleveland Browns – Johnny Patrick – CB – Louisville
    71. Dallas Cowboys – Brandon Burton – CB – Utah
    72. New Orleans Saints – Quinton Carter – S – Oklahoma
    73. Houston Texans – Jerrell Powe – DT – Ole Miss
    74. New England Patriots – Tandon Doss – WR – Indiana
    75. Detroit Lions – Mason Foster – LB – Washington
    76. San Francisco 49ers – Christian Ponder – QB – Florida State
    77. Tennessee Titans – Will Rackley – OG – Lehigh
    78. St. Louis Rams – Jerrel Jernigan – WR – Troy
    79. Miami Dolphins – Luke Stocker – TE – Tennessee
    80. Jacksonville Jaguars – K.J. Wright – LB – Mississippi State
    81. Oakland Raiders – Orlando Franklin – OT/OG – Miami
    82. San Diego Chargers – Marcus Gilbert – OT – Florida
    83. New York Giants – Quan Sturdivant – LB – North Carolina
    84. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Casey Matthews – LB – Oregon
    85. Philadelphia Eagles – Mark Herzlich – LB – Boston College
    86. Kansas City Chiefs – Kris O’Dowd – C – USC
    87. Indianapolis Colts – Titus Young – WR – Boise State
    88. New Orleans Saints – Ian Williams – DT – Notre Dame
    89. San Diego Chargers – Davon House – CB – New Mexico State
    90. Baltimore Ravens – Jason Pinkston – OT/OG – Pittsburgh
    91. Atlanta Falcons – Allen Bailey – DE – Miami
    92. New England Patriots – Jarvis Jenkins – DT/DE – Clemson
    93. Chicago Bears – John Moffitt – OG – Wisconsin
    94. New York Jets – Bruce Carter – OLB – North Carolina
    95. Pittsburgh Steelers – Ras-I Dowling – CB – Virginia
    96. Green Bay Packers – Pernell McPhee – DE – Mississippi State

I expect a lot of criticism since perceived value is different for everyone but please let me know what you think of your teams draft and what you like and don't like. Also, if you have any insight on how your team drafts feel free to post so I can keep it in mind for future mocks. You obviously know your team better than I do. Thanks.

Ingram is good in the 1st, but if we pass on Allen Bailey, John Moffitt, Bruce Carter and Titus Young in the 3rd for Luke Stocker, I would flip the **** out!

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Well, you got the Niners a pass rusher and a quarterback, but no secondary help. Our ends are currently adequate with Smith providing a lot of hurries for a 3-4 end so that could be put off for a year or two in favour of secondary help. You have 3 secondary guys going within a few picks of the Niners' second round selection so you have them valued right in the neighbourhood of where they pick.

Comment

dont like locker in the 2nd. if the FO thinks highly of locker and thinks he can be our future qb than theyll take him at 10. i doubt he makes it to that pick anyway but if we dont take him at 10 or trade up ahead of seattle in the first than i just dont think the FO will take him in rd 2. we need to go trenches with one of our first two picks.

Comment

Bowers is fine in the 1st but i dont see them passing on Green if he is there.

Mallet is a likely pick even though he does not fit the WC system.

Give the Bengals Guard in the 3rd.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
            dont like locker in the 2nd. if the FO thinks highly of locker and thinks he can be our future qb than theyll take him at 10. i doubt he makes it to that pick anyway but if we dont take him at 10 or trade up ahead of seattle in the first than i just dont think the FO will take him in rd 2. we need to go trenches with one of our first two picks.
            I have him going to Washington at 10 or the Vikes at 12. By draft day i expect Tennessee to be in the discussion.

This mock has Seattle taking a 27 year old guard and passing on Locker, i can only say Wow!

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
              I have him going to Washington at 10 or the Vikes at 12. By draft day i expect Tennessee to be in the discussion.

This mock has Seattle taking a 27 year old guard and passing on Locker, i can only say Wow!
              ive already got him mocked to tenn in my mock. his stocks hard to gauge and nfl teams seem to be relatively quiet about most of the qbs this year. no one wants to reveal their hand and rightfully so.

Comment

I personally would be very disappointed if the Pats took Brooks Reed at 33. Way too early for him. Especially with Cameron Heyward still on the board.

And I also would be very disappointed if they picked 3 offensive players in the first two rounds when they are in desperate need of help on the defensive side of the ball.
                2012 Patriots Anti-Draft

1 - Anyone but Shea McClellin, Derek Wolfe, Peter Konz, Kendall Reyes, Harrison Smith, Whitney Mercilus or a RB

2 Anyone but McClellin, Wolfe, Doug Martin or an OT

3 Anyone but Wolfe

Comment

I can't see the Vikes passing on Prince Amukamara in this situation.

Comment

You honestly think Baldwin is the BPA at 26?

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Fairley and Paea would do wonders for Denver's DL, but D.J. Williams? You serious? With Aaron Williams and Mason Foster still on the board? Terrible selection for Denver. I don't like the McDaniel pick either. With all of the OL talent still on the board, I would hate to see Denver pass on a replacement for Ryan Harris to select a mediocre safety.

WELCOME REALITY

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                        ive already got him mocked to tenn in my mock. his stocks hard to gauge and nfl teams seem to be relatively quiet about most of the qbs this year. no one wants to reveal their hand and rightfully so.
                        Whatever his stock was pre combine will only go up. In a setting where you see him up close as an athlete and talk to him as a person he can only benefit. Granted the combine and pro days arent exactly like using live bullets but it makes an impression. Tennesse is probably right at that point in the draft where you could get a Fairley or Quinn fall into your lap so not sure what they're thinking. Add to that Gabbert and Newton are the media darlings so they could be in play there. 8,10 or 12 is as far as Locker will go.

Comment

I really like the Kyle Rudolph pick for the Vikings in the 2nd round. I think our coaching staff thinks TE is more of a need than people believe and would be very, very surprised is we passed on him there

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                            You honestly think Baldwin is the BPA at 26?
                            Yes.

Originally posted by jCut View Post
                            Fairley and Paea would do wonders for Denver's DL, but D.J. Williams? You serious? With Aaron Williams and Mason Foster still on the board? Terrible selection for Denver. I don't like the McDaniel pick either. With all of the OL talent still on the board, I would hate to see Denver pass on a replacement for Ryan Harris to select a mediocre safety.
                            Is Ryan Harris that much of a liability? I didn't think that was one of their top needs, granted neither is TE.

Originally posted by Heisman View Post
                            I really like the Kyle Rudolph pick for the Vikings in the 2nd round. I think our coaching staff thinks TE is more of a need than people believe and would be very, very surprised is we passed on him there
                            I think so too. They've been looking at quite a few TE's so I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted one early.

Thanks for the comments.

Comment

I actually really like the Rudolph pick, even though we have bigger needs. Our coaching staff really wants to address tight end, and getting Jordan and Rudolph would be an awesome draft. It would be too bad if we missed out by Locker by 2 picks though.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
                              Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information