Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand Spankin New 7 round mock w/ explanations and a ton of Trades!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
    Just saying ... it ain't happening in this lifetime or the next.
    Quality > Quantity

1 WMD > 10 Xio's

Comment

Originally posted by WMD View Post
      Quality > Quantity

1 WMD > 10 Xio's
      10 Xio's = World Domination. You better hope there aren't that many of me.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Man Id hate trading down with aj green on board. especially if we were able to pull off other trade downs later. id be even more upset if we traded down and wasted the pick on hankerson. incredibly inconsistent and limited upside imo. i like harris, although i think a stud NT and/or OLB opposite Orakpo will go farther in helping our secondary than another first round corner. Moch could be that guy so I like that pick but I think with a late 1st and 2 second round picks we would be better off trying to pick up a more dominant DL. Maybe something like Wilkerson then Aaron Williams and Greg Little or if you wanted to stick with Harris then in the 2nd go after Liuget (who I think is more of a first rounder than people give him credit). With all that said, Id even more prefer taking AJ at 10 then trading down in the 2nd. I also think that we'll look to FA and later rounds to fill any void at ILB. Blades and Riley are going to some time in there and I think its a less immediate need compared to ther holes.

Comment

Good job putting this together. A lot of thought and effort was put behind it. You're right, your Cowboys picks aren't flashy, but could be a solid draft class.

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
            The Trade is realistic but the trade up is not Mike Brown has a history of not trading away draft picks. Plus Ricky Stanzi is not a West Coast QB. 1 Guard will not cut it for the Bengals they will still need a RG, C, and RT
            Sometimes I wonder if you have been Bunglized yourself. WTF? You want them to draft three lineman? Andre Smith can play RG if he doesn't work out at RT. Center is a need but if you draft Pouncey and you have Smith then there is also Free Agency, which wasn't discussed at all. A safety should be taken with the Stanzi pick but besides that this draft is awsome.
            Who Dey & Go Bucks
            The Bengals are going to the Super Bowl.

Comment

the rams will not trade up 3 spots in the 1st round, 2nd round, & 4th round, all to give up a 3rd round pick, we need it

Comment

Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                the rams will not trade up 3 spots in the 1st round, 2nd round, & 4th round, all to give up a 3rd round pick, we need it
                That's not how you look at it though, it's by a case by case basis. First round you traded up to get Fairley. 2nd round you traded up to get a receiver you wanted.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by FootballGod View Post
                  Sometimes I wonder if you have been Bunglized yourself. WTF? You want them to draft three lineman? Andre Smith can play RG if he doesn't work out at RT. Center is a need but if you draft Pouncey and you have Smith then there is also Free Agency, which wasn't discussed at all. A safety should be taken with the Stanzi pick but besides that this draft is awsome.
                  Andre Smith cant play any position because he cant stay healthy enough to play at all i full expect him to end up on IR not even half way thought the season. And honesty if u think are OL is fine u have problems out of the 25 sacks they gave up last year 22 of them the QB has less then 2 secs to throw. The QB should have at least to throw 3 secs and the QB should have gotten rid of the Ball. This OL is not build to pass protect it is built to Run Block and if the Bengals invest in a QB this draft they will have to take 2 or 3 OL because if they do does not matter who they take that QB wont last long in Cincinnati. There will be no FA before the draft so they will have to fix the OL though the draft. No a QB needs to be taken because they will have to bring someone in to compete for the starting job because Levour is not going to cut it and either Palmer is not coming back.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Excellent effort doing all of this. For the Colts, I'd be disappointed if this was how the draft turned out, though. Sherrod is an excellent pick, and Marvin Austin is an intriguing pick, if out of the norm for the Colts, but only 2 OL in the draft, with the second one coming in Round 5? That's not going to work for the Colts since they'll likely need to replace all 5 OL positions by 2012. Jernigan is unnecessary, and while I like the hustle and athleticism of Keo, an OL is a wiser pick in either situation. I think Marcus Gilbert as the Colts 3rd rounder over Jernigan would improve the situation greatly, and would allow for most of the rest to flow, since everything else fits a need, except the final two picks, DE and CB are not needs at all.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
                      3) Buffalo: Cam Newton/QB/Auburn
                      34) Buffalo: Nate Solder/OT/Colorado
                      68 ) Buffalo: Cris Carter/OLB/Fresno State
                      99) Buffalo: Luke Stocker/TE/Tennessee
                      121) Buffalo - from Seattle: Alex Wujciak/LB/Maryland
                      130) Buffalo: Martin Parker/DE/Richmond
                      164) Buffalo: Demarcus Love/OT/Arkansas
                      195) Buffalo: Virgil Green/TE/Nevada
                      first off, very good job overall. the Bills mock is good in terms of talent, but there are some issues i'd like to bring up.

Cam Newton in the first is great, ideal pick IMO.

Solder in the second would be great from a value/need standpoint, I just find it hard to believe we wouldn't go defense in the 2nd if we went offense in the first, especially with players like Liuget still on the board.

Cris Carter in the third is my first main issue. Nix has stated publically that we are set at OLB, but that we need ILBs, bigger guys. unless Carter can play ILB in the 3-4, Kelvin Sheppard is much more likely there.

i don't think we'd go with Luke Stocker in the 4th. Gailey rarely uses the TE and i think Mark Herzlich and Jerelle Powe would be much more likely picks, especially with taking Green in the 7th as well. Herzlich would be another ILB candidate, and Powe could seriously help our terrible run defense on a rotation, he's a classic 3-4 NT that we are lacking (short/stout).

no issues with the Alex Wujciak pick in the 4th.

also no issues with Martin Parker in the 5th, but i think Ahmad Black would be a serious consideration for the Bills at that point.

no issues with Demarcus Love in the 6th or Virgil Green in the 7th.
                      2015 Bills Draft:

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

Comment

You don't have Dallas making a single trade. That makes no sense. Jerry like to wheel and deal and will do so for sure in this draft.

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information