• Show
Clear All

• Duffman's Mock of Great Secret

Trades:

Atlanta trades #27, #59 and 5th round pick, to Minnesota for #12

San Diego Sends #18 and #82 to Miami for #15

1st Round
    1. Carolina (2-14): Cam Newton QB, Auburn

Much like last year, the value pick is with the DT, but they have to go with the QB just because he presents so much more value with this pick. Cam Newton is no great QB yet, but the reason he's the pick here, is simply because QB is a valuable position that they have a huge hole at. Once again, the better player is Dareus, but QB presents too much value.

2. Denver (4-12): Marcel Dareus DT, Alabama

I really wanted to have them take a shocker in Quinn here, but i think with them loosing almost all of their DT's from last year, they have to take a difference maker with this pick, and Dareus is a freak athlete who has good production to back it up.

3. Buffalo (4-12): Von Miller OLB, Texas A&M

They need pass rushers, and even though i think he's overrated, and one dimensional, he's an elite pass rusher, who will make a bigtime impact witht he Bills, who will be who they wanted Maybin to be, while being mentored by Merriman, who was one of the best 3-4 OLB's in the league at some point. They wanted Cam Newton to fall here, but since that didn't happen, this has to be the pick.

4. Cincinnati (4-12): AJ Green WR, Georgia

They have TO and Ocho, but they need another playmaker, and Green is a big one for them. He's the best WR to come out in a few years, and the only thing barring him from being the top WR in the last decade and more, is the fact that he doesn't have elite measurables.

5. Arizona (5-11): Blaine Gabbert QB, Missouri

They just need a QB. They have 2 QBs that were late round picks last year, but neither of them is the answer. He's a guy who has some trouble with some deep throw accuracy, but he's a good fit with Arizona with their over the middle, physical type passing game. He's not the best player, and they may need

6. Cleveland (5-11): DaQuan Bowers DE/OLB, Cleveland

Although he's not an ideal player for the 3-4, they run alot of the hybrid and may even be switch to a 4-3 with a brand new DC this year. He's a great pass rusher with elite measurables, that will be an impact maker for them for a while.

7. San Francisco (6-10): Patrick Peterson CB, LSU

They are just ecstatic to have one of if not the most talented player in the draft to fall to them. He can be a deadly piece of any secondary and will be a staple with the 9ers for a long time. He will make a huge impact right away on the weakest part of this team.

8. Tennessee (6-10): Nick Fairley DT, Auburn

Surprise, surprise, look who fell right into the Titans hands. He may be the best DT in this class, but there was just no need for him in between 2 and 8. He's an insanely talented player who will strengthen up their D and will create a lot of pass rush from the inside and will be extremely disruptive in that AFC South.

9. Dallas (6-10): Prince Amukamara CB, Nebraska

People were shocked by when he ran a 4.43 at the combine after there being heavy questions about his recovery speed. With that showing, i dont see why he's not the best DB in the draft, but i think people will be too intreagued with Petesons crazy measurables and upside that he will go first.

10. Washington (6-10): Jake Locker QB, Washington

I know, its a WHAAAAA pick, but he's the type of QB that shanny loves in his WCO system, and he needs a QB now that McNabb and him have fallen out of good terms. He is a bit of a reach here, but its a perfect fit and he has a good mentor for a QB in McNabb, with a VERY similar playing style that could make him a VERY good QB in this league IMO.

11. Houston (6-10): Robert Quinn OLB/DE, UNC

He's a guy who will be the DeMarcus Ware of Houston's new 3-4 D. He's a near elite pass rusher and has all the athletic ability in the world. He's a player who will be an immediate imapact player and will terrorize QB's from the 3-4 OLB spot. Mario Williams has no real spot in a 3-4, and from the reports it looks like he's going to be forced to play DE by Phillips, so then need an impact at the OLB spot and Quinn gives it to him.

12. Atlanta (From Minnesota): Julio Jones WR, Alabama

They make a move to get a bigtime, physical WR that they needed oppo Roddy White. He's a guy who can make REALLY big plays, but at the same time, is one of the most physical run blockers in the draft barring Greg Little, and does a great job going over the middle without fear. He'll make a bigtime threat outside of Roddy White and give Matt Ryan an incredible set of weapons to work with.

13. Detroit: Jimmy Smith CB, Colorado

They didn't want to pick here, but i couldn't find a trade down partner for them, so they have to stay put. With all of the better CB's off the board they need to reach for a CB, where even though they could get better value with this pick, they are fine with taking a guy at their biggest position of need, who is ultra talented but has some refining to do.

14. St. Louis (7-9): Aldon Smith DE, Missouri

They grab the hometown kid here with the player that they really wanted in Julio Jones. They need a RE to pair with the strongside LE in Chris Long, who just last year started to turn the corner to be the #2 overall pick that he was supposed to be. They get a player who's an elite athlete and is a great pass rusher, who needs to get bigger and stronger and they will have an elite pair of bookend DE's with Long and Smith.

15. San Diego (From Miami): JJ Watt DE, Wisconsin
    I actually dont like this pick at all for us. I dont think JJ Watt is a very good fit for the 3-4 at all, and is a project at the 5T spot, when we need a starter right away. He's a guy who is the new AJ Smith Mancrush, which AJ has shown that he will do what he has to to get his guy (Hester, Weddle, Mathews) and he does it again.

16. Jacksonville (8-8 ): Ryan Kerrigan DE, Purdue

He's almost an exact copy of Aaron Kampman IMO and he is a great addition to their DE rotation. He's a guy who can make plays in both the run and rushing the passer, and will be a very good addition to the team while learning from Kampman.

17. New England - from Oakland (8-8 ): Cameron Jordan DE, Cal

They lost alot of talent at DE this past year with Seymour and Warren, and they need to bolster it and they do it with the pick they got for Seymour. Jordan is a near elite 3-4 DE prospect IMO and will be a great addition to the pats squad and will fit into their scheme really well.

18. Miami (From San Diego): Mark Ingram RB, Alabama

He's the pick all along, but they trade down and pick up an extra 3rd from the chargers who had one to spare and wanted to move up to take Watt. He's a fit for them and they need a player to replace Brown who's more than likely leaving this year.

19. New York Giants (10-6): Tyron Smith OT, USC

They need some OT help and they grab it here, with a guy who many would consider a steal. Smith is a freak athletically, but needs to get his technique refined quite a bit. He has the upside of a D'brickishaw Fergeson type OT and the Giants are happy he fell to this pick.

20. Tampa Bay (10-6): Justin Houston DE, Georgia

He's a guy who alot of people thought was a 3-4 OLB just because he plays there in college, but i would rather have him as a 4-3 DE where his only job is to just terrorize OT's and QB's off the edge, which we will do in Tampa Bay's Tampa 2 scheme.

21. Kansas City* (10-6): Phil Taylor NT, Baylor

He can play well with them and be that big body in the middle that they've been lacking since they starting employing the 3-4. Taylor gives that to them and mroe. He's pretty athletic for a big guy and will help them out on more than just the 3-4 packages.

22. Indianapolis* (10-6): Anthony Costanzo LT, Boston College

They've needed to sure this spot up for a LONG time and they finally do. They get the LT that they need to protect Manning for his final years of his career and he will be able to serve as a very good starter for quite a long time.

23. Philadelphia* (10-6): Brandon Harris CB, Miami

He's a bit of a reach here, but they need CB help here so bad. Asante Samuel is a great corner, but he is oft injured and takes alot of risks. Harris is a very safe corner, who doesn't take as many chances as you would like, but can shut down opposing #2's which he will be great at.

24. New Orleans* (11-5): Muhammad Wilkerson DE/DT, Temple

He's a incredibly athletic big guy who will be a VERY welcome addition to the Saints hurting interior DL. They need someone to both pair and replace Ellis, so they load up here and take wilkerson who IMO will make a big impact right away.

25. Seattle* (7-9): Corey Luiget DT, Illinois

They need a pass rushing DT to pair with Mebane to make sure that they have a very strong interior line to go with their elite set of LB's, that has the potential to be the best in the league. He could see time at UT with them and make a big impact.

26. Baltimore* (12-4): Adrian Clayborn DE, Iowa

He's a great DE that would fit well with both their 4-3 and 3-4 and they need some sort of pass rush outside of Suggs, and Clayborn is a great fit at that right end spot in the 4-3 sets, and will also make a great impact at DE opposite Ngata where they have yet to really replace Pryce.

27. Minnesota (From Atlanta*): Ryan Mallett QB, Arkansas

Now that Favre is finally gone, they BADLY need a QB, and they trade down because the value wasn't there with Mallett, but he's the same strong arm, but can make some stupid decisions Favre type of QB. He's got a few off the field concerns, but they overlook that and take the player that holds the most value to them.

28. New England* (14-2): Steve Wisniewski OG/C, Penn State

They need some bigtime interior OL help with their starters getting older and quite a few guys possibly leaving through Free Agency. Wiz is the best Interior OL in this draft and will come out and make a big impact with a questionable OL.

29. Chicago* (11-5): Greg Carimi OT, Wisconsin

They are incredibly happy that Carimi falls to this pick. They need a RT to let Chris Williams move to the LT spot and they really have nobody to pair with him. Carimi is a tough run grader OT who is perfect for their LT spot and will take a big concern out of thought right away.

30. New York Jets* (11-5): Akeem Ayers OLB, UCLA

They need some OLB help and Ayers is a do it all type OLB, but can rush the passer if given a bit of coaching, and they have plenty of that up there in New York with Sexy Rexy and crew. They take a guy who will start right away and will be a very good compliment to Calvin Pace.

31.Pittsburgh* (12-4): Cameron Heyward DE, Ohio State

They have a very good front 7 that they add to here. He's a guy who might not start right away since they have Ziggy Hood and Aaron Smith, but Smith is really old and will need a replacement for him in a year or two, and thats good, because it will also give Heyward a nice rest for his tommy John Surgery (IIRC).

32. Green Bay* (10-6): Brooks Reed DE/OLB, Arizona

They need a Pass rusher thats even half competent on the other side of Clay Mathews and they pick him up here. Reed is a good athlete, who is a hustle player, that needs to develop some more moves and doesn't have elite burst, but will just get it done with hustle and can be a bigtime player for them.

Charlie Sheen and I both think that KC pick is winning

Comment

GABE. Gabe Carimi.

Comment

I love Jimmy Smith but they probably won't pull the trigger on him. I'd do it though.

Comment

I love PP to SF!!

Comment

I still like Jordan over Watt for the Chargers. How do you figure Watt is the new mancrush? Sure AJ went to his pro day personally, similar to what he did with Mathews last year, but that is not indicative necessarily that he is who they are targeting. In fact, it could be the exact opposite to help urge a team to take him over who they truly want. AJ is a master strategist and tipping his hand so easily is not his style. We took Cason after literally showing no interest in him. Cason was a surprised as anybody when they called his name. I think the fact that there is less talk about Jordan than there is of Watt being connected to the team is indicative more than a pro day visit. I like his fit for the system better and his tools and intangibles scream an AJ crush.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffman57 View Post
              6. Cleveland (5-11): DaQuan Bowers DE/OLB, Cleveland

Although he's not an ideal player for the 3-4, they run alot of the hybrid and may even be switch to a 4-3 with a brand new DC this year. He's a great pass rusher with elite measurables, that will be an impact maker for them for a while.
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Browns are switching to 43.

Comment

Love the Phins trade and pick.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by xpmar9x View Post
                  Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Browns are switching to 43.
                  I have no clue, but look at my description again it says they may be switching.

Comment

Green is fine but i dont see the Bengals passing on Gabbert.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                      Charlie Sheen and I both think that KC pick is winning
                      Don't forget, Phil Taylor might not have played with Tamba Hali while at PSU since he came in a year later, but Hali goes back to work out at PSU and has worked with Phil Taylor some before he got in trouble and transferred to Baylor.

Comment

Originally posted by StickSkills View Post
                        Don't forget, Phil Taylor might not have played with Tamba Hali while at PSU since he came in a year later, but Hali goes back to work out at PSU and has worked with Phil Taylor some before he got in trouble and transferred to Baylor.
                        Phil taylor will not go to Kansas. He is a reach in the 1st round, has character issues and is not a team captain. The chiefs MO last few years has been high character team captain sort of guys.

Comment

AJ needs to stay right where he is & use those 5 early picks to his advantage, not trade them for a guy like Watt.

This move would entail the misbegotten notion that the Chargers have the most talented roster in the league. They don't, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Let Manusky have the first 3 picks, then AJ can go pound sand with the rest.
                          Never underestimate the power of small minds in large groups.

Comment

Originally posted by 1funguy View Post
                            AJ needs to stay right where he is & use those 5 early picks to his advantage, not trade them for a guy like Watt.

This move would entail the misbegotten notion that the Chargers have the most talented roster in the league. They don't, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. Let Manusky have the first 3 picks, then AJ can go pound sand with the rest.
                            I just think this is too likely to happen. I think he will get obsessed with Watt and he will do anything to get him, including moving all the way up to get him. And i've heard AJ was basically stocking him and he just seems like an AJ type move, so thats why i have the trade up. And trust me, i dont like it much at all.

Comment

Heyward <3<3<3
                              E]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information