San Diego Chargers (9-7) - Jason Verrett, CB, TCU
    Cleveland Browns f/IND (11-5) - Ryan Shazier, LB, The Ohio State
    New Orleans Saints (11-5) - Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU
    Carolina Panthers (12-4) - Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU
    New England Patriots (12-4) - Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech
    San Francisco 49ers (12-4) - Brandin Cooks, WR, Oregon State
    Denver Broncos (13-3) - RaShede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
    Seattle Seahawks (13-3) - Stephon Tuitt, DL, Notre Dame

Please give any thoughts you have and I'll do my best to defend my thought process.

Now that the 49ers have signed Anquan Boldin to a two year deal, it seems a bit less likely they are going to draft a wide receiver in the first round.

Comment

Too good to be true. Well, actually, I'm on the fence about Shazier's future prospects. If Horton were still the coordinator, I'd say it's a perfect fit, with Pettine, I'm not so sure. But I still think Borland will be the best ILB in this class in 2-3yrs.

Originally posted by borg9
      Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
        Now that the 49ers have signed Anquan Boldin to a two year deal, it seems a bit less likely they are going to draft a wide receiver in the first round.
        Cooks offers a different dimension than Crabtree and Boldin do. Picture those two with Cooks and Davis inside. DC's will have headaches.

Originally posted by Brown Leader View Post
        Too good to be true. Well, actually, I'm on the fence about Shazier's future prospects. If Horton were still the coordinator, I'd say it's a perfect fit, with Pettine, I'm not so sure. But I still think Borland will be the best ILB in this class in 2-3yrs.
        Well, I think the Jags go Clowney if he's there (and can't trade) based on BPA meeting need, and not being completely sold on a QB. Just the vibe I'm getting from them. They'd still have a shot at getting Garoppolo in 2, possibly Carr.

Comment

Shazier doesn't really seem to fit what we're doing on defense. Don't you think Cooks/Benjamin would be the better selection, or even Yankey/Richardson?

Comment

Originally posted by PoopSandwich View Post
            Shazier doesn't really seem to fit what we're doing on defense. Don't you think Cooks/Benjamin would be the better selection, or even Yankey/Richardson?
            There's such a gaping hole at ILB now that I think taking Shazier or even Borland as BL mentioned trumps all of those guys. Each one is intriguing in their own right, but you can find depth at both OL and WR later on. ILB, not so much.

I'm not concerned about Shazier's size, either. He bulked up for the combine, and I'd expect him to stay about that size. I know it's still smaller than most ILB's, and if you can pair him with a more traditional ILB-size guy, it would be great. But the Browns really struggled going side to side and in coverage over the middle. Shazier will help that quite a bit. Though again, if you want a more typical 3-4 ILB player, take Borland and it still works out great.

Comment

dont see van noy as a first rounder at this point and OLB isnt a need for the saints

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
              - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
              - Corner or Wideout in the first
              - No reaching
              - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

I'm not a fan of taking Manziel.
                Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Unless Ealy can stand up and play LB too then I can't see Ealy as the pick.

RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                    dont see van noy as a first rounder at this point and OLB isnt a need for the saints
                    I still think Van Noy could still be a first rounder on some boards because he's commonly seen as a safe, jack-of-all-trades pick, and the pass rushers this year are a bit weak IMO. Once you get past Clowney, Mack and Barr, there's quite a few question marks. I do think the Saints could use someone opposite Gallette, too. I think he even shows potential as an ILB as well in a 3-4. Needs to work on shedding blocks a bit better, but that's why he's a late first/early second round guy.

Originally posted by The_Dude View Post
                    I'm not a fan of taking Manziel.
                    Sorry, but with the reports coming out of Cleveland and Oakland, I have an easy time letting them pass on him. However, at 8, I can't imagine Minnesota letting him slip past.

Originally posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
                    Unless Ealy can stand up and play LB too then I can't see Ealy as the pick.
                    With MJ going in free agency, I felt like this was a value pick. Could see Shazier or Verrett, but the DE class this year isn't that great IMO. In fact, Ealy will likely go before this point, I just have a tough time seeing where when I don't mock trades.

Comment

Saints have 1 starting S and 1 starting CB. We need DB's

Comment

Originally posted by zachsaints52 View Post
                        Saints have 1 starting S and 1 starting CB. We need DB's
                        Didn't see one worth that pick. Could reach on Ward at S I suppose, or add another tweener in Roby. Besides, you'll probably add at least one or the other in FA, and CB is deep.

Comment

Switch Lee and Beckham Jr around. I have a good feeling the Jets may look at Beckham Jr if the cards fall like that.

Comment

I understand Maziel reaching 8, i just hope that the Vikes choose to pass on him, too. Right now my personal preference is a guy like Donald, Gilbert, Dennard there.
                            Last edited by The_Dude; 03-05-2014, 08:11 AM.
                            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
                            Thanks jerks, I have an exam tomorrow and reading this lowered my IQ by 14 points. Dicks.

Comment

Do you think Armano is a legitimate first round talent? I dont see it, but am interested in your take on him.
                              Last edited by Poz51; 03-05-2014, 08:46 AM.
                              "It must be contract year!"

Deion Sanders

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information