23Trufant mock (something never seen)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 23Trufant mock (something never seen)

Just trying to mix it up a bit so dont destroy me.

---- Chicago trades LB Lance Briggs and the 31st pick to Washington for the 6th pick.

---- Chicago trades the 6th pick, 2nd rounder this year and a 1st next year to Oakland for the 1st pick.

---- Detroit trades the 2nd pick to Arizona for the 5th pick, Bryant Johnson and 3rd rounder.

---- Seattle trades Darrell Jackson to Minnesota for 2nd rounder.

Round 1

1. Chicago (from Oakland) - Calvin Johnson, WR Georgia Tech
    A crazy day for the Bears, they end up getting the top pick in the draft and give Rex Grossman a great target. Calvin Johnson gets to the pros but his QB doesnt get much better, JK. (I know the Bears turned down the trade for Briggs but I still think they might take it)

2. Arizona (from Detroit) - Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin
    Arizona had a good chance to land Thomas at 5 but could not afford to take a chance. Joe Thomas will make a big impact right away and should have some great coaching.

3. Cleveland - JaMarcus Russell, QB LSU
    Phil Savage has known JaMarcus since he was in high school and they have formed a bond. Charlie Frye has not shown the skills of being a franchise QB, so the Browns take Russell.

4. Tampa Bay - Amobi Okoye, DT Louisville
    Tampa Bay would probably try to trade this pick if they cant trade up for Johnson, but they have a chance at the drafts best DT and they just happen to have a huge hole there.

5. Detroit (from Arizona) - Gaines Adams, DE Clemson
    Detroit got lucky Tampe Bay passed on Adams, but they got their guy. Adams should be a huge help to a Dline thats needs alot of help.

6. Oakland (from Chicago / Washington)- Brady Quinn, QB Notre Dame
    Kinda got stuck here and did not know who to take, Im sure Rock can help me out. I took Quinn because they are supposedly trying to trade for Josh McCown and Quinn has to be a better option than McCown and Walter.

7. Minnesota - Adrian Peterson, RB Oklahoma
    Chester Taylor had a good year last year and suprised alot of people, but he carried the ball almost more than anyone else in the NFL did. Peterson and Taylor should give who ever ends up being the QB a great running game.

8. Atlanta - LaRon Landry, S LSU
    The Falcons are all over this guy. He should be a huge help to them right away, he is going to be a great player.

9. Miami - Ted Ginn Jr, WR Ohio State
    Though he has been injuried most of the offseason, he should still be the 2nd WR taken in the draft. He will take over the return game from Wes Welker, who is now with the Patriots, and should help out whomever is the QB.

10. Houston - Leon Hall, CB Michigan
    Dunta Robinson is the only quality defensive back on the team. Hall should provide much need help on the side opposite Robinson.

11. San Francisco - Adam Carriker, DE Nebraska
    A great 3-4 player, he should start from day 1. Carriker will help improve the 49ers defense which has already done alot durring the offseason.

12. Buffalo - Patrick Willis, LB Ole Miss
    Patrick Willis is a great player, who should fit in very will in Buffalo. He should fill in geat for London Flether who left in FA this offseason.

13. St. Louis - Alan Branch, DT Michigan
    The Rams are trying to trade for Kris Jenkins, but I doubt the Panthers will trade a star player to a division rival. Branch should procide an immediate upgrade.

14. Carolina - Levi Jones, OT Penn State
    Though Jake Delhomme gets blamed for all the offensive struggles in Carolina, its not all his fault. The offensive line disappointed last year and a change is needed.

15. Pittsburgh - Jamaal Anderson, DE Arkansas
    The Steelers lack a good pass rush and Anderson should be able to help them improve that.

16. Green Bay - Marshawn Lynch, RB California
    Should be a big factor in the offense right away. Farve will help him out alot, and he will help Farve out alot, nice match.

17. Jacksonville - Reggie Nelson, S Florida
    Will help make up for the departure of Deon Grant. Nelson is a playmaker in the defensive and should only make the Jags a better all around D.

18. Cincinnati - Jon Beason, LB - Miami
    The Bengals have not had good luck with LBs in the past, Beason will look to change that. Beason is a great prospect who should help spark the Cinny D.

19. Tennessee - Darrell Revis, CB Pittsburgh
    Pacman's gone and their is not much depth after him. Revis is in a fight for the top CB spot.

20. New York Giants - Paul Posluszny, LB Penn State
    Lawerence Timmons may be the more athletic LB but he only has 1 year of starting experience. The Poz should be able to start right away for the Giants.

21. Denver - Jarvis Moss, DE Florida
    Im not a fan of Jarvis Moss but the Broncos need a DE and he is probably the top rated one left.

22. Dallas - Anthony Spencer, DE Purdue
    Dallas has DeMarcus Ware on one side but they need a compliment to him on the other. Spencer is agreat fit at OLB in a 3-4.

23. Kansas City - Robert Meachem, WR Tennessee
    The Cheifs have needed a top WR for years now, and final they break down and take one. Meachem will give Huard another target.

24. New England (from Seattle) - Chris Houston, CB Arkansas
    Asante Samuel wants out of New England so its time to find someone who wants in. Houston should be good insurane if Samuel is traded.

25. New York Jets - Greg Olsen, TE Miami
    Olsen could go higher than this but falls some. The Jets jump for him to give Pennington an extra option and Clemens a target for the future.

26. Philadelphia - Michael Griffin, S Texas
    Brian Dawkins is still an elite saftey but they really do not have a player beside him. If the get Griffin they might also be able to squeeze acouple of more years out of Dawkins if his work load is not so high.

27. New Orleans - Aaron Ross, CB Texas
    A huge need, the Saint CBs outside of Mike McKenzie are well below average. Ross will provide youth and skills that are needed.

28. New England - Lawrence Timmons, OLB Florida State
    Adalious Thomas was a good signing but the Patriots still need to add youth to the LB position. Timmons is a great athlete but just needs some more coaching.

29. Baltimore - Joe Staley, OT Central Michigan
    Johnathon Ogden is on the verge of retiring and Joe Staley has become a very highly regarded player. Staley could learn from one of the games best for a year then take over.

30. San Diego - David Bowe, WR LSU
    McCardell was released and while some of the other WRs have shown some promise they could still use an upgrade.

31. Washington (from Chicago) - Victor Abiamiri, DE Notre Dame
    May be a little bit of a reach but I really like him. He is still a bit raw but should continue to get better.

32. Indianapolis - Justin Harrell, DT Tennesse
    He and McFarland should help stop some of the problemes they had last year on defense.

Round 2

33. Oakland - Dwayne Jarrett, WR USC
    Lane Kiffin could not pass on Jarrett in the 2nd round. I still expect Randy Moss to be traded so this is a good pick.

34. Detroit - David Harris, LB Michigan
    A very good player who should with the additon of Gaines Adams help the defense alot.

35. Tampa Bay - Anthony Gonzalez, WR Ohio State
    Tampa Bay misses out on Calvin Johnson in the first and comes close to landing Jarrett in the 2nd but just misses. They will settle for Gonzalez who is a fine prospect in his own right.

36. Cleveland - Tanard Jackson, CB Syracuse
    Leigh Bodden is pretty much their only CB.

37. Oakland (from Chicago) - Zach Miller, TE Arizona State
    Should provide Quinn with a nice secruity blanket.

38. Arizona - Eric Wright, CB UNLV
    Antrell Rolle is a decent player but not what the team expected him to be.

39. Atlanta (from Houston) - Charles Johnson, DE Georgia
    Patrick Kearnry is gone and they need someone opposite John Abraham who always seems to get hurt.

40. Miami - Trent Edwards, QB Stanford
    Miami does not know what is going to happen with their QBs.

41. Seattle (from Minnesota) - Ben Grubbs, OG Aubrun
    Kinda forgot about him but he could fall its not that huge. Minnesota opts for a proven player for Travarious Jackson to pass to instead of a rookie WR.

42. San Francisco - Steve Smith, WR USC
    Steve Smith gets a chance to stay on the west coast close to home. He will give Alex Smith anothe option.

43. Buffalo - Antonio Pittman, RB Ohio State
    Willis McGahee was traded this offseason and left a huge hole at RB.

44. Atlanta - Michael Bush, RB Louisville
    A Petrino product, Warrick Dunn can not produce much longer.

45. Carolina - Brandon Meriweather, S Miami
    Big time steal here and a huge need.

46. Pittsburgh - Justin Blalock, OG Texas
    Provides depth and should take over soon, Steelers Oline disappointed last season.

47. Green Bay - Ryan Kalili, C USC
    Green Bay has a decent line but cant afford to pass up on Kalil.

48. Jacksonville - Justin Durant, LB Hampton
    Jacksonville could use some help at LB and Durant is very versital.

49. Cincinnati - Marcus McCauley, CB Fresno State
    They need someone opposite Jonathon Joesph, Tory James is gone and Deltha Oneal is not a starter.

50. Tennessee - Craig Davis, WR LSU
    Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade left in FA and Vinve Young needs some more talented WRs.

51. New York Giants - Tank Tyler, DT NC State
    Giants need some depth at DT, they have good DEs.

52. St. Louis - Sidney Rice, WR South Carolina
    Tory Holt is still a top WR, but Bruce is about 40 and Drew Bennett is a better 3rd WR.

53. Dallas - Aaron Sears, G/T Tennessee
    Could replace Flozell Adams in the future.

54. Kansas City - Turk McBride, DT Tennessee
    Chiefs have picked DTs high before and it hasnt worked out for them.

55. Seattle - Tim Crowder, DE Texas
    The Seahawks signed Patrick Kearney this offseason and dafted Tapp last year in the 2nd, but need some more depth. Crowder and Tapp should be able to hold down the side opposite Kearney.

56. Denver - Ryan Harris, OT Notre Dame
    Traded George Foster this offseason and they have holes in the Oline.

57. Philadelphia - Brian Leonard, RB Rutgers
    Brian Westbrook could use a bigger back behind him.

58. New Orleans - Jason Hill, WR Washington State
    Joe Horn left during the offseason and depth is needed.

59. New York Jets - Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE Hawaii
    Good pick by the Jets is a good 3-4.

60. Miami - Jonathan Wade, CB Tennessee
    Miami's defensive backs have disappointed the last couple of years.

61. Baltimore - Josh Wilson, CB Maryland
    Rolle is not what he used to be.

62. San Diego - Brandon Siler, LB Florida
    They lost Donnie Edwards this offseason and the other ILB.

63. New York Jets (from Chicago) - Lamarr Woodley, DE/OLB Michigan
    Another player to help make the transition to the 3-4 complete.

64. Tampa Bay (from Indianapolis) - Daymeion Hughes, CB Cal
    Fits perfect in Tampas systems.
    Last edited by 23trufant; 04-14-2007, 01:05 PM.

thanks Bengals1690

Wow. I gotta say I would be extremely surprised to see all this happen. Kudos though for coming up with something original. I'm a Vikings fan and that would be almost my worst dream come true to see Calvin go to the Bears.
    Skol Vikings!
    Go Beavs!

Mad Props to JETS5128 for the sig!

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rat42 View Post
      Wow. I gotta say I would be extremely surprised to see all this happen. Kudos though for coming up with something original. I'm a Vikings fan and that would be almost my worst dream come true to see Calvin go to the Bears.

Haha yea that would suck for the Vikings to go against Calvin 2 times a year.

Just so everyone knows....I do not really think this will happen but just messing around, while being sorta realistic.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

oviously u r a bears fan cuz that will not happen

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

i think the raiders would take AP with their first rounder, just cause i still can't see al davis taking a qb

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdlaxbonz13 View Post
            i think the raiders would take AP with their first rounder, just cause i still can't see al davis taking a qb

Lamont Jordan, Rohdes and AP might be a bit much

plus they have 2 running FBs in Justin Griffin and Zach Crockett

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

Even if it's Calvin Johnson, I can't see Jerry Angelo paying for the first overall pick within the framework of building his team.
              Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

I think you mean Levi Brown instead of Levi Jones. :)
                Carolina had offensive line struggles because of injuries to two of our starting linemen, they're healthy now. We honestly don't need a tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by haccess View Post
                  I think you mean Levi Brown instead of Levi Jones. :)
                  Carolina had offensive line struggles because of injuries to two of our starting linemen, they're healthy now. We honestly don't need a tackle.

Haha my fault

But im not sold on Travelle Wharton, even though he is still young. Also Even Mathis could be upgraded at OG even though he to is still very young.

I live in Charlotte and the Charlotte Observer and most of the sports radio shows have been talking about the contracts of Steve Smith, Julius Peppers and Jordan Gross. All three are going to be needing new contracts very soon and the can not afford to give huge contracts to all three so Levi Brown could be the replacement for Gross if the Panthers opt not to resign him.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

i dont like jarvis moss either, denver being one of the more aggressive off season teams im suprised you dont have them trading up, i really hate seeing them sit at 21 while there in need of a top 15 caliber DE/pass rusher.
                    Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
                    I smoke ten blunts before lunch
                    Gucci Mane

Comment

Originally posted by ripdw27 View Post
                      i dont like jarvis moss either, denver being one of the more aggressive off season teams im suprised you dont have them trading up, i really hate seeing them sit at 21 while there in need of a top 15 caliber DE/pass rusher.
                      What about Jamaal Anderson, he is only 2 picks away. It wouldnt cost much maybe a 3rd and a 6th to move up 2 picks, but get a way better player IMO.

thanks Bengals1690

Comment

McBride is not bad but I prefer Hughes though

Comment

LOVE the Ravens picks! Best ever!
                          Reached 1,000 posts 4/29/07, lost it because of the deletion of the forum mock.
                          Also Also: Reached 1,000 posts again 12/31/07

Comment

Yeah that ship has sailed with the trade with Briggs and the redskins. I do like giving up a 2nd for a Proven Receiver in the NFL. Then getting AD. The offense would have gone from Really Horrible to Almost Good.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I can dig that Bengals mock.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information