1 Rounder, Some Explanation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Rounder, Some Explanation

i'm no expert so i'm expecting i have a couple of bad picks, and some we don't draft ______ in round 1, or he doesn't fit our scheme, but take it easy on me. please vote on your team's pick.

1. Arizona-Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin: The Cardinals biggest need is O-line and if they don?t trade down they?ll get Thomas, who is the best one in the draft.
    2. Miami- Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tech: A tall receiver to go with Chambers.
    3. Detroit- Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame: The Lions aren?t content with Kitna starting.
    4. Oakland- Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson: The Raiders need to get some pressure on the QB.
    5. San Francisco- Leon Hall, CB, Michigan: The 49ers pass defense is bad and they could use a lot of help.
    6. Tennessee- Sam Baker, OT, U.S.C: Tennessee need a tackle to boost their running game and protect the QB.
    7. Houston- Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma: If Adrian does slide to 7 the Texans would be delighted to add him.
    8. Cleveland- Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia: The D-line is getting old and they could use a good pass rusher.
    9. Buffalo- Dwayne Jarrett, WR, U.S.C.: A big receiver to help out Losman.
    10. Tampa Bay- Quinn Pitcock, Ohio State: A solid DT to plug the middle.
    11. Washington- Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
    12. Pittsburgh- Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State
    13. Green Bay- Marshawn Lynch, RB, Califorinia
    14. New York Jets-Laron Landry, S, L.S.U
    15. Philadelphia- Tedd Ginn Jr., WR, Ohio State
    16. Carolina- Patrick Willis, MLB, Ole Miss
    17. Minnesota- Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina
    18. St. Louis- Lamar Woodley, DE, Michigan
    19. New England*- Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame
    20. Kansas City- Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
    21. Dallas- Levi Brown, OT, Penn State
    22. Jacksonville- Justin Blalock, OG, Texas
    23. Cincinnati- Michael Griffin, S, Texas
    24. San Diego- Buster Davis, MLB, Florida State
    25. Atlanta- Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida
    26. Baltimore- Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
    27. New Orleans- Zach Miller, TE, Arizona
    28. Denver- Frank Okam, DT, Texas
    29. New York Giants- Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
    30. New England- Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh
    31. Indianapolis- Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    32. Chicago- Greg Olsen, TE, Miami

*aquired in trade from Seattle

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Great Cardinals pick

Terrible Colts pick, why did you give him to us?

Comment

25. Atlanta- Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida
      horrible pick. not only is he a shady character he doesn't fit a need. we need a NT not a 286 pound UT like we already have 2 of. we need a DE and we need a S. we woudl go DE or S i nthe first before we would go DT anyway. in this situation however Frank Okam is hte pick.

Owner of ScarDraft
      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

I find it highly unlikely that Tennessee will draft an OT in round 1. We are set at LT with Mike Roos, so no need to touch that spot.

As for RT, it's a possibility, but a very small one as of right now. We drafted David Stewart in the 4th round last year and he's got the position locked up. Granted, he's only played in 5 games, but so far, so good. Couple that with the fact that the only OL position that Floyd Reese seems to value come draft day is LT, and I don't think we look at one.

On the OL, we need a RG to replace Benji Olson, and maybe a C for when Mawae retires. RG moreso, though.

Not sure who I'd pick at #6 though based on who's left on the board.

Comment

Skins pick of McCauley great great amazing although it would be hard to pass on Landry cause him and ST21 would be crazy, the Ravens pick of Stanton is just horrible, I mean horrible. Again Texans have no need for Adrian Peterson. Wali Lundy, Samkon Gado, Ron Dayne, and Domanick Davis, they don't need him, they passed on Reggie last year and now they have a legit RB in Lundy with Dom Davis and Gado backing him up. Texans have much bigger holes.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
          Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
          http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

take samardajzia away from Pats..give us Griffin..

Comment

Looks good for Tampa.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
              <beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
              <JBond> laughing so hard I am crying

Comment

Browns run a 34, Moses certainly doesn't fit as a d-lineman and is not the type of LB we are looking for.

Unless i missed him, you don't have Alan Branch in there...just go ahead and give him to the Browns, or drop AD to us. :D

Comment

I agree with the Falcons fan that said that you should give them Okam instead of Marcus Thomas. You can then give him to the Broncos or go with someone like Eric Weddle, S, Utah. All in all, I think this is a good mock, especially since it seems to be one of your first.

Comment

I wouldn't touch Marcus Thomas in the first round at all, there are better players and more importantly better characters than him.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by freddygoombatts
                      Browns run a 34, Moses certainly doesn't fit as a d-lineman and is not the type of LB we are looking for.

Unless i missed him, you don't have Alan Branch in there...just go ahead and give him to the Browns, or drop AD to us. :D
                      i remembered giving him to the jets, but obviously i didn't. my DTs are a little screwed up. i wasn't aware of Thomas's issues and i should have definitaly had Okam higher then him, and Branch above both.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

cant argue with Lynch.

Comment

Great Oakland pick.

Comment

Rufus...Rufus...Rufus....Rufus....Rufus

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Titans don't need a tackle. They need inside help on OL, not outside, and that's highly unlikely going to be coming in the 1st round.

Adrian Peterson, Moses, Landry, maybe even Pitcock if Haynesworth is released/traded, McCauley and Ginn Jr are better picks for the Titans.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information