**Official** Team Mocks Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Official** Team Mocks Thread

I find it to be unecessary to have all of these each individual team draft threads and they only get like 2 or 3 comments so I think it would be better if they were all in one place, I'll start mine off, I'll do the Ravens cause skins don't have enough picks.

Round 1:Levi Brown:Was hard to choose between him and Blalock but I see bust potential in Blalock.
    Round 2:H.B. Blades:As much as we hate it, Ray is getting older and we need his eventual replacement, I would be very happy to get him here. He is a tackling machine
    Round 3:Josh Wilson:Local boy and the future starting Corner for the Ravens. He is great in coverage and a lights out hitter.
    Round 4:Steve McNair:This best pick for the Ravens in the 2007 draft, McNair has helped them take that step into the playoffs that Boller never would have done, he has been clutch and has won games himself.
    Round 5:Tyrone Moss:Moss is a big back who could be groomed into a good back for the Ravens.
    Round 6:Deyon Williams:Clarence Moore is a piece of junk, and Dmase is older so an eventual 3rd reciever behind Clayton and Demetrius Williams would be great. Deyon is a big reciever and really has a lot of potential but due to his injury and not playing this year he will drop.
    Round 7:Isaiah Stanback:McNair is old, Boller is a bust, so it would be great to get a developmental type QB like Stanback. He is big and very athletic and has an underrated arm, if he can get it all together he can be special.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Ravens Mock

1st round - Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn
    2nd round - Kevin Kolb, QB, Houston
    3rd round - Mike Otto, OT, Purdue
    5th round - Larry Birdine, DE, Oklahoma
    6th round - David Ball, WR, New Hampshire
    7th round - Dominic Ross, SS, Cincinnatti

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
      Packers Mock Draft

Round 1: Marshawn Lynch - Running Back - Junior - Cal

Round 2: Aaron Ross - Cornerback - Senior - Texas

Round 3: Steve Smith - Wide Receiver - USC
      Resulting Depth Chart:

Offence:

QB: Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers, Ingle Martin
      RB: Marshawn Lynch, Vernand Morency, Noah Herron
      FB: Brandon Miree, Free Agent/Late-Round Pick

WR1: Donald Driver
      WR2: Greg Jennings
      WR3: Steve Smith
      WR4: Ruvell Martin
      WR5: Chris Francies/Late-Round Pick/Free Agent
      TE: Bubba Franks, David Martin, Donald Lee

LT: Chad Clifton, Late-Round Pick/Free Agent
      LG: Daryn Colledge, Tony Moll
      C: Scott Wells, Jason Spitz
      RG: Jason Spitz, Tony Moll
      RT: Mark Tauscher, Junius Coston

Defence:

LDE: Aaron Kampman, Free-Agent/Late-Round Pick
      LDT: Corey Williams, Cullen Jenkins
      RDT: Ryan Pickett, Colin Cole, Johnny Jolly
      RDE: Kabeer Gbaja-Biamilla, Mike Montgommery

LOLB: A.J. Hawk, Ben Taylor, Tracy White
      MLB: Nick Barnett, Abdul Hodge
      ROLB: Brady Poppinga, Ben Taylor, Tracy White

CB1: Al Harris
      CB2: Charles Woodson
      CB3: Aaron Ross
      CB4: Will Blackmon
      CB5: Patrick Dendy
      FS: Nick Collins, Tyrone Culver
      SS: Marquand Maneul, Marviel Underwood

Comment

Mock and offseason, all wrapped up in a neat little package.

Release:
        William Joseph - He's had enough time to prove himself. Time to cut our losses
        Sam Madison - He got injured, and he wasn't playing so great before the injury
        Gibril Wilson - As much as it pains me to say this but we need to tear up that secondary and start over. Wilson showed a lot of playmaking ability as a rookie but has fallen off the map. He is a free agent, and i wish him luck
        Luke Petitgout - He's had back problems and now a leg problem? I'm concerned about eli's health.
        Amani Toomer - Class act and as much as it pains me to say this, a 32 year old won't have much left in the tank after a serious knee injury. I'd like to see him retire as a giant though.

Sign:
        Asante Samuel - We need major help in the secondary. Samuel is young and has shown that he can play.
        Terdell Sands - Big DT. Probably won't start but at 6'7" 335, he'd make a good runstuffer along with Robbins and Seawright (if he sticks around)

Retire:
        Tiki Barber - He already said he will retire and i wish him luck in his new career.
        Michael Strahan - Kiwanuka looks like a player, and Osi and Tuck are on the roster. Time to let the young guys play.
        Bob Whitfield - It's about time.
        Jeff Feagles - He's still a good punter, and i'd love for him to stay, but i think he might retire nonetheless.

Draft:
        1. Sam Baker - LT - Replacement of Petitgout. Maybe Jared Gaither or Jake Long could go here also.
        2. Glenn Dorsey - DT - Although our DTs have played well this season, we will need rotation depth with the inevitable departure of Joseph. Dorsey is a junior out of LSU and is a playmaker at approx. 6'2" 300 lbs.
        3. Adarius Bowman - WR - I see this kid as a sleeper and a steal. At 6'4" 220 he has the size and runs a sub 4.5 forty. He's been tearing it up for Oklahoma state.
        4. Josh Gattis - S - Big Hitter from Wake Forest. In my scenario he would take over the void left by the departure of Wilson. He would provide a much needed force in the secondary.
        5. Garrett Wolfe - RB - Change of pace back with great speed and quickness but no size whatsoever. Injurys may be a concern. Could relieve Morton of his punt duties, and his job.
        6. Adam Podlesh - P - He's a top rated punter, what else can i say?
        7. Brian Robison - DE - Plays opposite of Tim Crowder for Texas. Good size and quickness, former track athlete i believe.

UDFA
        Howie Fuimaono DT 6-0, 335 5.25 UNLV
        Paul Soliai DT 6-3, 320 5.25 Utah
        Abraham Wright DE 6-2, 245 4.75 Colorado (OLB)
        Vincent Marshall WR 5-7, 170 4.48 Houston
        Terry Caulley RB 5-7, 185 4.35 UConn (X)
        Lester Ricard QB 6-4, 220 4.80 Tulane
        Marcus Lindsey OG 6-5, 375 5.70 Louisiana Tech
        Palauni Ma Sun OG 6-5, 340 5.40 Oregon
        Marcus Thomas DT
        Brandon Merriweather S

from GBN

Regarding Mike Turner: I don't think he's worth a compensatory pick. He plays garbage minutes, so how do we know just how good he can be. Derrick Ward is returning kickoffs so the coaches see something in him. I see the giants going with a split backfield next year. And then maybe in 2007 drafting a guy like Jon Stewart, Ray Rice, Darren McFadden, etc. in the first round. There are no great rbs in this draft beside Lynch and Peterson.

Comment

Looks like Josh Wilson is in high demand. I didn't notice him going to the ravens above.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby
            Looks like Josh Wilson is in high demand. I didn't notice him going to the ravens above.
            as he should be....he's playing great right now.

not to mention he is one of the best tackling CB's in the draft and he is likely going to run in the 4.3's

and adam podlesh, our punter, who you have the giants taking in the 6th, runs a 4.4

(md gets all the athletes 8) )

Comment

Steelers:

Rd 1: Darrelle Revis
              IMO The best CB in the NCAA, shut down, amazing Tackler/Returner. Will give us incredible talent/youth in the secondary.

Rd 2: David Harris
              What better way to prepare for James Farriors decline than the bring in the best 3-4 ILB Prospect in the draft.

Rd 3: Jarvis Moss or James Hardy
              More hope than not, with his suspension, he might leave, and though he might, I doubt Pitt will take him because of his suspension. Although he would be a killer Pass rusher in a 3-4.

6'7, great hands, great speed, not a lot of college exposure because he played on a bad team. Not bad... Holmes, Reid, Washington and Hardy for the future.

Rd 4: Brian Smith
              Falls because of a broken Hip. Was on a tear through the Big 12 almost setting the career sacks number. Has the size and speed for OLB in a 4-3 let alone a 3-4.

Rd 5: James Marten
              Solid tackle with great potential. Won't have amazing #'s, but is a solid blocker.

Rd 6: Eric Foster
              Teddy Bruschi Part 2? Foster is probably the Smallest DT in the NCAA, but he's fast. He's got a great speed and size combination and at 6'2 265lbs. Is a terror on the interrior line for Rutgers. He sheds blocks easily and will have plenty of athleticism to drop to the LB Core. He was a MLB out of HS.

Rd 7: Ikaika Alama-Francis

At 6'6 290 lbs and still maintaining his basketball like athleticism he could be a late round gem. He possesses speed. depending on how much and his coverage skills he might even be able to convert to OLB and be a terror there. But I think at first he'll give us incredible depth at DE as he has 3-4 DE Experience..

UDFAs:

Sawyer Smith, QB, Portland State
              Sam Hollenbach, QB, Maryland
              Ronnie McGill, RB, UNC
              Pierre Rembert,RB, Illinois State
              Chad Schroeder, WR, T A&M
              Matt Trannon, WR, MSU
              Steve Buches, TE, Pitt
              Van Houston, DE, Memphis
              Quinton Echols, NT, KSU
              CJ Ah You, OLB, Oklahoma

Ramon Guzman, OLB, Buffalo
              Joe Sturdivant, FS, SMU
              Adam Graessle, P, Pitt

Signed:

*Daniel Graham, TE, New England Patriots
              *Ladell Betts or TJ Duckett from Washington as Betts has a contract year and Duckett hasn't played.
              *Cory Redding, DE, Detroit.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Patriots
                1a. Patrick Willis
                1b. Reggie Nelson/Michael Griffin
                2. Aaron Ross
                3. Dallas Baker

Offseason

Sign Adalius Thomas

maybe in round 3 we get an OL but idk

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6
                  Patriots
                  1a. Patrick Willis
                  1b. Reggie Nelson/Michael Griffin
                  2. Aaron Ross
                  3. Dallas Baker

Offseason

Sign Adalius Thomas

maybe in round 3 we get an OL but idk
                  That sure is optimistic signing Adalius Thomas, getting PWillie in the 20's, getting Michael Griffin in the late 20's, and getting Aaron Ross in the late 2nd round.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
                  Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
                  http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Here is my Pats mock:

1a.) Lamar Woodley-Move Vrabel back inside and let Woodley rush the edge and be a dominator.

1b.) Daymeion Hughes-We need a CB with size and even though SS is a bigger need, there isn't anyone right now worth the pick.

2.) Brandon Meriweather- Antics on the field will push him down a lot, but the Pats can not pass his talent right here.

3.) Steve Smith- Just a productive WR that the Pats need. He brings experience and speed to the Pats offense.

Comment

Originally posted by EHobbs27
                      Here is my Pats mock:

1a.) Lamar Woodley-Move Vrabel back inside and let Woodley rush the edge and be a dominator.

1b.) Daymeion Hughes-We need a CB with size and even though SS is a bigger need, there isn't anyone right now worth the pick.

2.) Brandon Meriweather- Antics on the field will push him down a lot, but the Pats can not pass his talent right here.

3.) Steve Smith- Just a productive WR that the Pats need. He brings experience and speed to the Pats offense.
                      idk if Woodley is quick enough. maybe hed be better off inside.

what speed does Smith bring? Hes not a burner..

Comment

Woodley would be fast enough to play OLB in our system. He would be a beast.

A lot of people think Steve Smith is not a burner, but he isn't slow. He runs good routes and I think he has pretty good speed.

Comment

UDFA
                          Marcus Thomas DT
                          Brandon Merriweather S
                          You have a better chance of becoming a real life GM than Merriweather going undrafted.
                          The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

Originally posted by Akili Smith SF QB
                            UDFA
                            Marcus Thomas DT
                            Brandon Merriweather S
                            You have a better chance of becoming a real life GM than Merriweather going undrafted.
                            Marcus Thomas is right above him as well.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Arizona Cardinals-

Offseason moves-
                              Denny Green, you fired!

Hire Ron Rivera-HC
                              Hire an OC

IF IF IF IF Lance Briggs is available in FA and the Bears have cap issues, then we try to get him, and some other FA's on D

Mock

1. Joe Thomas, OT Wisconsin
                              2. Rufus Alexander, OLB Oklahoma
                              3. Daymeigon Hughes or Tarell Brown, whoevers available(CB)
                              4. Kyle Young, OG/C Fresno State
                              5. Brandon Meriweather, S Miami
                              6. Justin Durant, OLB Hampton
                              7. le'Ron Mcclain, FB

now, keep in mind this is like, absolutely ideal, and i might be off a bbit on some picks, but also keep in mind where are at the very beginning of the round each time

UFA-

Josh Gattis, S Wake Forest
                              David Irons, CB Auburn
                              Oscar Lua, ILB USC

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information