Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Critique my Mock Draft

1. Oakland | JaMarcus Russell | QB

It's the no duh pick of the draft. If Oakland goes anywhere else, they are letting an idiot run the show.

2. Detroit | Adrian Peterson | RB

Kevin Jones is likely to miss some preseason time. One more setback and he's going to miss some of the regular season. And even if he does come back, Peterson is still a huge upgrade to the offense.

3. Cleveland | Brady Quinn | QB

While I'm not sold on Quinn, you can't deny that he has upside and in state connections; not to mention that whole Weiss-Crennell connection.

4. Tampa Bay | Calvin Johnson | WR

Jon Gruden's dream come true. The best overall talent in the draft, at a need position, and he doesn't even have to trade up to get him.

5. Arizona | Joe Thomas | OT

The perfect fit. Don't be surprised if the Cards hit the panic button and trade up for Thomas. But if things fall right, he's right here for them.

6. Washington | Gaines Adams | DE

Washington has to get an impact player on their D-line. Adams might not be the best run stopper, but he'll make the game changing plays up front.

7. Minnesota | LaRon Landry | S

Minnesota missed out on Adams, and it's a reach to take Anderson here. So they'll take the best player availible that they can use right away.

8. Atlanta | Amobi Okoye | DT

Atlanta needs a quality DT, and with Petrino in the house, it's all about Okoye. Okoye might not be the most game-read prospect, but he has the most upside at DT.

9. Miami | Alan Branch | DT

Miami would love to get their hands on a top notch left tackle prospect, but with none availible they'll replace on of their 30+ defensive starters instead.

10. Houston | Leon Hall | CB

With so many needs, they can go with almost anyone. If they went BPA, they'd be grabbing Willis, but they have Demeco already. So Hall being the 2nd best will pack his bags for Houston.

11. San Francisco | Patrick Willis | LB

San Fran really outplayed their talent level last year, and need some sturdy players on defense. Willis is the cream of the LB crop this year, and a nice fit for the niners.

12. Buffalo | Marshawn Lynch | RB

Marshawn Lynch might be a bit of a reach here, but the Bills are in that desperate of need for a running back.

13. St. Louis| Jamaal Anderson | DE

The Rams are filled with offensive talent, and have a lot of solid defensive players; yet no difference maker. Anderson is the definition of a difference maker.

14. Carolina | Robert Meachem | WR

The Panthers are in need for an infusion of offensive talent, and Meachem has the ability to be a top level WR in this league.

15. Pittsburgh | Justin Harrell | DT

Pittsburgh is in for a couple hard years as they try and shift to the 4-3 base. But the first step they need to take is securing a 2nd DT to pair with Hampton.

16. Green Bay | Greg Olsen | TE

Green Bay needs a RB, but selecting any of the RB's remaining here would be a major reach. Olsen might be a bit of a reach himself, but he'll open up those deep routes for Favre to throw to.

17. Jacksonville | Reggie Nelson | S

There isn't a bigger need in Jacksonville than saftey, and Reggie Nelson is of perfect value here.

18. Cincinnati | Darrelle Revis | CB

The Tory James - Deltha O'Neil era is coming to a close. With Revis teaming up with Jonathon Joseph, the new era will far outshine the old.

19. Tennessee | Chris Houston | CB

With Pac Man Jones pretty much done for his career, the Titans need to find a replacement, and fast. Houston is fast, talented, and NFL ready.

20. New York Giants | Joe Staley | OT

The Giants are in need of finding a long term fit at Left Tackle. With Staley on one side, and McKenzie on the other, the Giants will have themselves a very nice set of book ends.

21. Denver | Adam Carriker | DE

Denver tried the Browncos approach, and while it wasn't a complete failiure, it was found lacking. Carriker is a steal all the way down here at 21.

22. Dallas | Levi Brown | OT

Levi Brown has left side potential, but worst case scenerio he'll be a top notch RT or OG in this league. And considering what the line in Dallas looks like, that makes this a can't miss pick.

23. Kansas City | Dwayne Bowe | WR

Kansas City needs O-line prospects. But Herm Edwards has been quoted as saying spending an early pick on an O-lineman is a "waste." Therefore, we'll see them go with the best WR on the board.

24. New England | Jon Beason | LB

New England needs to replenish their LB corps, and Beason is one of those versatile guys who can play inside or out. With New England's system though, he's headed to the inside.

25. New York Jets | Brandon Meriweather | DB

This pick may seem peculiar to the casual observer, but Meriweather is the only prospect to have visited the Jets twice. With the top tier corners and Greg Olsen off the board, and no 3-4 DL of value, it's BPA.

26. Philadelphia | Jarvis Moss | DE

Jarvis Moss is being called the next Javon Kearse. Good thing, since the old Javon Kearse is just about finished in this league and the Eagles need a freaky DE.

27. New Orleans | Lawrence Timmons | LB

The Saints admitted they were poised to take A.J. Hawk until Reggie Bush fell into their laps last year. They still need an OLB with play making talent, and Timmons comes from a long line of playmakers.

28. New England | Ted Ginn Jr. | WR

New England has Stallworth on what is essentially a 1 year contract; the Pats will want to develop someone across from Chad Jackson. And in the mean time, Ginn can be the stud return man that New England could use.

29. Baltimore | Aaron Ross | CB

The Ravens have no DB depth, and while Ross might not be the most gifted corner in the draft he's ready to step in now if something should happen; and he fills their nickel corner spot nicely.

30. San Diego | Michael Griffin | S

The Chargers have invested a lot of time into their DB's, but don't have much to show for it. Griffin is a little bit of a reach, but the Chargers need to get a safety no matter what.

31. Chicago | Ben Grubbs | OG

Chicago could go with a guy like Dwayne Jarrett, but the value of Grubbs is too high to pass on. They can get Jarrett or Rice with their early 2nd, but the Guard they might get there will be a big drop off from Grubbs.

32. Indianapolis | Steve Smith | WR

The Colts would like to take a DT, but to take anyone left here would be a major reach. Instead they'll replace Brandon Stokely who was out most of last year and now a member of another team with a speedy guy for their slot.

good denver picks, questionable ones elsewhere.. Detroit wont take peterson when they already have tatum bell and kevin endzone jones, 15 seems high for harrell, and if the raiders took calvin johnson (the best player in the draft) they would be idiots? explain that please... ik raidernation will have a fit abuot that
    Bubba kush for breakfast, with my captain crunch
    I smoke ten blunts before lunch
    Gucci Mane

Comment

okay raider pick and horrible description on it too

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
      @SirStackAlot707

Comment

1. Oakland | JaMarcus Russell | QB

It's the no duh pick of the draft. If Oakland goes anywhere else, they are letting an idiot run the show.

Comment

good SF pick, but Carriker would be better for us

Comment

Originally posted by ripdw27 View Post
            good denver picks, questionable ones elsewhere.. Detroit wont take peterson when they already have tatum bell and kevin endzone jones, 15 seems high for harrell, and if the raiders took calvin johnson (the best player in the draft) they would be idiots? explain that please... ik raidernation will have a fit abuot that

Raiders have two good WR's, and the QB position is more important than the WR position from the start of it.

Comment

Yeah, I don't understand how Jamarcus Russell to the Raiders is the "no duh pick of the draft".

Nobody knows for sure whether the Raiders will go Russell, Johnson, or trade down. But, that's the point.

I highly doubt that the Lions go Adrian Peterson, too, considering they have Bell, Jones, and Duckett.

The Lions would be better off grabbing Calvin Johnson, or trading down for Gaines Adams and acquiring more draft picks in the process.

15 is too high for Harrell, a guy missing most of his senior season. He's a low-end first rounder, or early second rounder, but the top half of round 1 is too high. I see the Steelers going linebacker (Pos, Timmons), DE (Moss), or CB (Revis) there.

I don't like Ginn to the Patriots, as I think Michael Griffin or Aaron Ross would be better picks and feel needs. They don't need another smaller, fast/quick WR anyways. They traded a second for Welker, have Stallworth for atleast a season, and have Chad Jackson (who's a speedster, yet suffered an ACL tear). I think they go for more of a bigger, possession receiver if they were to draft a WR. Someone like Bowe (if available, which he's not in this mock), or maybe Jarrett.

But, overall, I think your mock is pretty decent.

I hope you don't think I was trying to pick on you, just merely stating my differing opinions on some of the things that stood out at me.

Good job.

Comment

Originally posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
                Raiders have two good WR's
                Ronald Curry and...I assume you mean Jerry Porter. Porter will be a FA after this season, and is pretty overrated to begin with. Curry's recurring Achilles' tears have to be kept in mind.

Anyone with any sense knows that you draft with an eye towards the future. The future of our WR corps looks damn bleak. A tandem of Calvin Johnson and Ronald Curry could potentially be as good as any in the league.

Comment

Great Cardinals pick.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                    Ronald Curry and...I assume you mean Jerry Porter. Porter will be a FA after this season, and is pretty overrated to begin with. Curry's recurring Achilles' tears have to be kept in mind.

Anyone with any sense knows that you draft with an eye towards the future. The future of our WR corps looks damn bleak. A tandem of Calvin Johnson and Ronald Curry could potentially be as good as any in the league.

Funny guy.

Comment

Gaines Adams to the skins, perfect pick.

Comment

Good vikings pick

Comment

Jarret > Grubbs.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Not a big fan of the Miami pick, Brown/Staley/Ginn all = better picks.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by thebow305 View Post
                              Not a big fan of the Miami pick, Brown/Staley/Ginn all = better picks.
                              Why not just trade down 10 picks then? Lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information