PMD's Way Too Early 2008 Mock Draft

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PMD's Way Too Early 2008 Mock Draft

I figured I join in on the fun and put up a preemptive and totally inaccurate mock draft. This is more a prediction of what I see player stocks doing as opposed to what they are currently at.

Comments are always appreciated, but please, don't take this too seriously.

1. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Andre Woodson, QB, Kentucky
    If Tampa is picking here that means QB has to be a huge need, and I think Woodson is on the fast track to a top 5 selection.
    2. Houston Texans – Sam Baker, OT, Southern California
    Finally, a good offensive lineman falls into Kubiak’s lap.
    3. Kansas City Chiefs – Darren McFadden, HB, Arkansas
    Larry Johnson is likely going to be let into free agency, and the Chiefs pick up a very capable replacement.
    4. Dallas Cowboys (from Cleveland) – Kenny Philips, S, Miami
    Is probably the most perfect safety to cover Roy Williams’ behind.
    5. Tennessee Titans – DeSean Jackson, WR, California
    Titans pick up a much needed weapon for Vince Young who can also make an impact in the return game.
    6. Detroit Lions – Tyson Jackson, DE, Louisiana State
    Why Jackson over Campbell? He’s more of a speed rusher, and would be a force to reckon with in that defense.
    7. Washington Redskins – Calais Campbell, DE, Miami
    Redskins address huge issues on the defensive line with this monster.
    8. Jacksonville Jaguars – Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville
    The Jags decide that Leftwhich isn’t getting it done and go for the kid from Louisville.
    9. Miami Dolphins – Chris Long, DE, Virginia
    Miami picks up a very nice player who’ll fit like a glove on that defense.
    10. Arizona Cardinals – Glenn Dorsey, DT, Louisiana State
    Even if the Cardinals offensive line shapes up, the defensive line needs some help, and Dorsey is an impact inside rusher.
    11. Green Bay Packers – Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
    Woodson and Harris aren’t exactly young and the lack of depth behind them is inexcusable.
    12. New York Giants – Jake Long, OT, Michigan
    Giants pick up a big bruising right tackle to lead their rushing attack.
    13. Oakland Raiders – Zack Bowman, CB, Nebraska
    With Asomugha probably due huge money come the 2008 offseason, would Al let him go in favor of the amazing Bowman?
    14. Buffalo Bills – Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
    Bills did a lot less fortifying of their offensive line than the money they spent there would suggest.
    15. Minnesota Vikings – Keith Rivers, OLB, Southern California
    A linebacker seems kinda redundant, but Cover 2 linebackers like Rivers aren’t that common.
    16. Atlanta Falcons – Jonathan Stewart, HB, Oregon
    Atlanta picks up the power back to control the ball in Petrino’s offense.
    17. Dallas Cowboys – Limas Sweed, WR, Texas
    After fortifying their secondary, Dallas picks up the local receiver to put some more playmakers on the offense.
    18. Denver Broncos – Xavier Adibi, OLB, Virgina Tech
    Denver goes for yet another shockingly athletic linebacker.
    19. Pittsburgh Steelers – Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida
    Moving to from the 3-4 to the 4-3 means you need one thing: defensive ends.
    20. St. Louis Rams – Justin King, CB, Penn State
    Despite adding Tye Hill in 2006, the secondary can still use a lot of help.
    21. Philadelphia Eagles – Jared Gaither, OT, Maryland
    Philly adds an absolute giant of a right tackle, a classic Andy Reid move.
    22. Seattle Seahawks – DeMario Pressley, DT, North Carolina State
    The Seahawks pick up a great inside athlete in Pressley to help control the flow of running attacks.
    23. New York Jets – Vernon Gholston, OLB/DE, Ohio State
    The Jets need an impact rush linebacker in their defensive scheme, and Gholston fits the bill perfectlu.
    24. Cincinnati Bengals – Lawrence Jackson, DE, Southern California
    Defensive ends all around! Jackson is a tenacious rusher who’ll give Marv Lewis a lot of options.
    25. New England Patriots (from San Francisco) – Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona
    The Pats decide to add a cornerback with fantastic ball skills.
    26. New Orleans Saints – Dan Conner, LB, Penn State
    The Saints add that defensive leader they’ve been looking for.
    27. New England Patriots – John Carlson, TE, Notre Dame
    Because, hey, you can never have too many tight ends right? Right?
    28. Chicago Bears – Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii
    Yeah yeah, I know, Rex Grossman. But if the Bears falter again in the playoffs, as this pick spot suggests, can they pass up adding a promising future starter?
    29. San Diego Chargers – James Davis, HB, Clemson
    Tenacious inside runner who’s versatile and would take pressure off of Tomlinson? With Turner likely gone I wouldn’t rule it out.
    30. San Francisco 49ers (from Indianapolis) – Adarius Bowman, WR, Oklahoma State
    Niners are estatic to pick up Bowman, who would fall due to injury, and then hold a candlelight vigil praying that he doesn’t end up like Rashaun Woods.
    31. Carolina Panthers – Phillip Merling, DE, Clemson
    A big and versatile player, Merling would add some youth to a defensive line that is starting to look like it could use a little.
    32. Baltimore Ravens - Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

Superbowl champs go for a solid pick and get the tackle from Boston College.
    Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck; 05-06-2007, 04:07 PM.

Lets just remeber that GReen Bay still lacks a pass-catching TE and good RB. Things could change, but right now those two needs must be dealt w/

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
      Lets just remeber that GReen Bay still lacks a pass-catching TE and good RB. Things could change, but right now those two needs must be dealt w/
      I almost gave them Stewart, but I like Brandon Jackson and think that he'll surprise some people this year. And with no tight end being much of an option where I had them picking, I felt Talib was the best choice.

Comment

I love Glenn Dorsey as a prospect but I don't think the Cardinals would take him there. They already have Dockett, Clancy, Watson and Branch at the DT spot, I don't see the need to use a first rounder. He's great value though.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Never too early to be mocking it back up again.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

i just hope Al keeps Aso around.
            "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

If LJ leace I would LOVE to nab McFadden

Comment

I'm not sure about the chances of the Bengals taking a DE, seems iffy at this point.

Justin Smith I think is gone but the coaching staff/players are high on Frostee Rucker who has yet to play in a regular season game. There is also potential for Pollack to move back to DE instead of SLB which would make DE an actual position of strength.

IMO the leader at this point for us is a WLB or DT although I doubt Marvin will take a DT early.

Comment

The Cardinals now have NO need whatsoever for a DT. We already have Branch, Watson, Dockett, and Clancy. Why draft a 5th DT that could start?

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Jensen View Post
                    The Cardinals now have NO need whatsoever for a DT. We already have Branch, Watson, Dockett, and Clancy. Why draft a 5th DT that could start?
                    Well, a few reasons. Watson and Branch are nosetackles, Dockett was far from stellar last year, and Clancy is pretty mediocre. Also, the Cardinals absolutely love the idea of getting good value, and I'd say that at this point, getting Dorsey at #10 is pretty good value.

Comment

It would surely make things interesting if the Bucs had the #1 pick.

Comment

Giants don't need a right tackle. We don't really need a LT either but that would be the better selection

Comment

Solid eagles pick, that line would be insanely huge.

Comment

How is it solid Eagles pick? We don't need OT that much especially not in the first round. I would much much rather take a Wide Reciever as of now..
                            Btw Eagles picking to high..
                            And I'll defend the Cowboys..17 is way to high
                            They have a superbowl caliber Defense but their offense may be lacking..I'd go 23-28
                            Last edited by LitoSheppard; 05-06-2007, 09:14 AM.

^ bantx
                            Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
                            **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
                            Originally posted by Jughead10
                            I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

I agree with Lito, We won't have to draft OL in the 1st for quite a while. If LJ Smith is gone, I would like Carlson there.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information