Some Shocks I have seen in some Mock Drafts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Shocks I have seen in some Mock Drafts

Ok...Here are some predictions people have made that I would like to respond to as my own.

1) I have seen that some people are placing Andre Woodson very high and sometimes in the 2nd round. Honestly, I think that people are looking at his size and comparing him to J.R. I think that he'll do OK, but not well enough to make him an elite college QB. NFL Scouts will look at him and love his size, so I can't really predict his draft stock.

2) Steve Slaton IS a 1st Round Pick. I have seen some mocks that have him a 2nd round pick. This is crazy. First off, West Virginia will be in a BCS Bowl Game this year. Pat White will develop and Slaton's stock will soar. He's fast, can break tackles, and can spread the field (reminds me of Dwanye Jarrett but in RB form). Top 10 Pick (I pray that the Giants grab him!!!)

3) Darren McFadden WON'T go to the Raiders. The Raiders selected Michael Bush and have a full RB corps as it is. Unless he repeats his performance last year, I see him being overshadowed by Slaton.

4) Brian Brohm is Overrated! I don't have anything against Louisville football, but I don't think he's that great. Honestly, despite being in a weak division, I think that Colt Brennan is the best QB in the NCAA. Sorry, Franchise QB. He's 6' 3" and can throw the ball a mile. To me, he has excellent composure and he showed Leadership by sticking with his team one more year.

5) Chad Henne has one more chance, like many other Michigan prospects, he dissapears sometimes and is overshadowed. If him and Mario Manningham don't have step it up, look for both of them to drop.

6) Both Jake Long and Sam Baker are top 5 prospects and will translate well into the NFL.

Comments?

1. People complaining about draft ranks prior to the 2008 college season even starting. I remember seeing a mock following the 2003 draft that had Carlos Joseph going in the first round.

2. People who fail to fully take into account the 2007 NFL draft in their 2008 mocks. Detroit just drafted Drew Stanton and Miami just took John Beck. Neither is taking a quarterback next year in the first round.

3. "My team is going to have a pick that high". You don't know that and you won't until the season ends. Any team in the league can have a first overall pick next. The defending Super Bowl champs are a Peyton Manning injury away from potentially having the first overall pick.

Comment

Saying that Woodson is being picked that high solely on his size it pretty stupid, he put up great numbers in the best conference with a terrible team

I agree with what you said about Saton

i don't think the raiders could pass up Run DMC if he is there

Brian Brohmn is the clear cut #1 right now, so thats your opinion

Manningham was injured last year & put up better numbers than Ginn, he will be the 1st or 2nd WR taken next year, i'm not a big fan of Henne, not gonna defend him

Barry Richardson is better than both :p

Comment

Originally posted by fenikz View Post
        Manningham was injured last year & put up better numbers than Ginn, he will be the 1st or 2nd WR taken next year, i'm not a big fan of Henne, not gonna defend him
        Ted Ginn's numbers weren't as high as Mannigham's because Ginn was on a team with a better possession WR, Anthony Gonzalez. And Aside from a sweep pass to Mike Hart, Michigan doesn't really have any other viable option other than Manningham. So, I don't think that Manningham is better than Ginn Numbers wise, but he might have better hands than Ginn.

In the end (NFL Career) I see Manningham going down the Braylon Edwards route, aka, getting injured often and plays like crap in big games. Ginn won't be the best of all time, but he'll make many a CB like dumb when he burns them down the field, at that point he's open for a wide open catch.

But thank you for agreeing with me about Chad Henne. Not a fan. Hasn't dazzled me yet.

What College football needs is another Byron Leftwich, a QB with poise and leadership, and that QB might be prepped to have a pretty good season down there in Kentucky. ;)

Comment

7) You people who have Dallas (via Cleveland) picking #1 overall are ridiculous.

Since the 1999 season, the worst records per year have been 2-14, 1-15, 1-15, 2-14, 2-14, 4-12, 2-14, and 2-14.

More than likely, you're going to have to put together a 2-14 season to get the #1 overall pick. Are some of you people really trying to tell me the 2007 Browns are going to end up being as bad as the 2-12, 3-13 '99-'00 Browns? Give me a friggen break.

8) Why in the name of all that is holy are you people doing 2008 mock drafts in the middle of May, 2007 anyways???

Comment

That fact that you think Slaton will overshadow McFadden shows your knowledge. Even if Slatan ran for 2,500 yards and had a 4.39 forty and McFadden ran for 1,200 and had a 4.8 forty he would still be drafted before Slaton.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
            Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
            http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
              That fact that you think Slaton will overshadow McFadden shows your knowledge. Even if Slatan ran for 2,500 yards and had a 4.39 forty and McFadden ran for 1,200 and had a 4.8 forty he would still be drafted before Slaton.

Think about that claim for a minute, laugh, and realize sensationalism is not always the best route to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                2. People who fail to fully take into account the 2007 NFL draft in their 2008 mocks. Detroit just drafted Drew Stanton and Miami just took John Beck. Neither is taking a quarterback next year in the first round.
                Just because they took a quarterback in the second round last year means they won't take one in the first round this year? What if they get a great value, or one of them bombs? Tarvaris Jackson was a second-round pick last year, and plenty of people had the Vikings picking Brady Quinn.

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                  Just because they took a quarterback in the second round last year means they won't take one in the first round this year? What if they get a great value, or one of them bombs? Tarvaris Jackson was a second-round pick last year, and plenty of people had the Vikings picking Brady Quinn.
                  And the Vikings passed on him in real life. Just because misinformed people thought the Vikings were going to take Quinn doesn't mean there was any chance of it happening. Anything can happen, but having a team that just took a 2nd round QB last year taking one in the first round this year is extremely unrealistic.

That is correct comahan
                  I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                  <3 dg

Comment

I'd like to know why everyone has the Jags picking in the top 10?

Comment

Originally posted by BigJohn98 View Post
                      I'd like to know why everyone has the Jags picking in the top 10?
                      I've noticed that as well.

Honestly, if Leftwich stays healthy, the Jags are playoff bound.

Plus it wouldn't hurt if Reggie Williams wasn't afraid to go in the middle of the field to grab a pass.

Comment

I feel shocked

Comment

Originally posted by naruto613 View Post
                          Ted Ginn's numbers weren't as high as Mannigham's because Ginn was on a team with a better possession WR, Anthony Gonzalez. And Aside from a sweep pass to Mike Hart, Michigan doesn't really have any other viable option other than Manningham. So, I don't think that Manningham is better than Ginn Numbers wise, but he might have better hands than Ginn.

In the end (NFL Career) I see Manningham going down the Braylon Edwards route, aka, getting injured often and plays like crap in big games. Ginn won't be the best of all time, but he'll make many a CB like dumb when he burns them down the field, at that point he's open for a wide open catch.

But thank you for agreeing with me about Chad Henne. Not a fan. Hasn't dazzled me yet.

What College football needs is another Byron Leftwich, a QB with poise and leadership, and that QB might be prepped to have a pretty good season down there in Kentucky. ;)

40 544 13.6 8 Arrington
                          58 670 11.6 2 Breaston
                          Total 98 receptions, 1214 yards, 10 touchdowns

51 734 14.4 8 Gonzalez
                          29 383 13.2 5 Robiskie
                          Total 80 receptions, 1117 yards, 13 touchdowns

You sure about that possession receiver statement? Gonzalez was HIGHLY overrated, though he stepped up in big games. Considering Manningham and Ginn have roughly equal speed (I'll give Ginn the slight edge) you're blowing past CB's for a wide open catch is completely irrelevant. What kind of facts do you have to support your Edwards argument that Manningham will always be hurt? The 4 games? It's been 4 months and Ginn hasn't fully recovered from his "high ankle sprain". More like "lack of testicular fortitude"

Your big game point is pretty dumb as well. In Cleveland, Edwards has played in no big games, so let's go to Michigan days.

Vs. Ohio State averaged 9.3 rec, 136 yards and 1 td per
                          Vs. Notre Dame averaged 6.66 rec, 93 yards and 0 td per (No td's, pretty good numbers otherwise)
                          Bowl Games averaged 8 rec, 109 yards, 1 td per.

Yeah, he's a big time joke. ;) Take off the homer glasses bud

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            40 544 13.6 8 Arrington
                            58 670 11.6 2 Breaston
                            Total 98 receptions, 1214 yards, 10 touchdowns

51 734 14.4 8 Gonzalez
                            29 383 13.2 5 Robiskie
                            Total 80 receptions, 1117 yards, 13 touchdowns

You sure about that possession receiver statement? Gonzalez was HIGHLY overrated, though he stepped up in big games. Considering Manningham and Ginn have roughly equal speed (I'll give Ginn the slight edge) you're blowing past CB's for a wide open catch is completely irrelevant. What kind of facts do you have to support your Edwards argument that Manningham will always be hurt? The 4 games? It's been 4 months and Ginn hasn't fully recovered from his "high ankle sprain". More like "lack of testicular fortitude"

Your big game point is pretty dumb as well. In Cleveland, Edwards has played in no big games, so let's go to Michigan days.

Vs. Ohio State averaged 9.3 rec, 136 yards and 1 td per
                            Vs. Notre Dame averaged 6.66 rec, 93 yards and 0 td per (No td's, pretty good numbers otherwise)
                            Bowl Games averaged 8 rec, 109 yards, 1 td per.

Yeah, he's a big time joke. ;) Take off the homer glasses bud

You telling someone else not to be a homer? Is there any Michigan player you don't think is bound for the HOF? Serious case of the pot calling the kettle black.
                            Do not weep for those lost on 4-16-07 for they are in a better place than those left behind who mourn them. God is Love.

Comment

Originally posted by Crickett View Post

Think about that claim for a minute, laugh, and realize sensationalism is not always the best route to go.
                              He's clearly exaggerating to make a point, the point is that McFadden is the best RB in this upcoming draft, hands down, and that it'll take nothing short of a miracle for anyone to pass him as the #1 guy. He's this years AD.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
                              don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information