• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses' Mock Draft (Dec. 13, 2006)

Moses' Mock Draft
    December. 13, 2006

1. Detroit Lions :: Brady Quinn - Quarterback - Senior - Notre Dame

2. Oakland Raiders :: Calvin Johnson - Wide Receiver - Junior - Georgia Tech

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Joe Thomas - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Wisconsin

4. Arizona Cardinals :: Gaines Adams - Defensive End - Senior - Clemson

5. Washington Redskins :: Alan Branch - Defensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

6. Houston Texans :: LaRon Landry - Safety - Senior - LSU

7. Cleveland Browns :: Adrian Peterson - Runningback - Junior - Oklahoma

8. St. Louis Rams :: Reggie Nelson - Safety - Junior - Florida

9. San Fransisco 49ers :: Leon Hall - Cornerback - Senior - Michigan

10. Green Bay Packers :: Marshawn Lynch - Runningback - Junior - California

11. Minnestoa Vikings :: Jake Long - Offensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

12. Carolina Panthers :: JaMarcus Russell - Quarterback - Junior - LSU

13. Miami Dolphins :: Darrelle Revis - Cornerback - Junior - Pittsburgh

14. Pittsburgh Steelers :: LaMarr Woodley - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker

15. Buffalo Bills :: Amobi Okoye - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Louisville

16. Tennessee Titans :: Dwayne Jarrett - Wide Receiver - Junior - USC

17. Atlanta Falcons :: Michael Griffin - Safety - Senior - Texas

18. New York Jets :: Victor Abiamiri - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - Senior - Notre Dame

19. Philadelphia Eagles :: Patrick Willis - Linebacker - Senior - Ole Miss

20. New York Giants :: Marcus McCauley - Cornerback - Senior - Fresno ST.

21. Kansas City Chiefs :: Ted Ginn Jr. - Wide Receiver - Junior - Ohio St.

22. Denver Broncos :: Quinn Pitcock - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Ohio St.

23. New England Patriots :: Paul Posluszny - Inside Linebacker - Senior - Penn St.

24. Dallas Cowboys :: Justin Blalock - Offensive Guard/Tackle - Senior - Texas

25. Jacksonville Jaguars :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End - Senior - Georgia

26. Cincinnatti Bengals :: DeMarcus Tyler - Defensive Tackle - Senior - North Carolina St.

27. New Orleans Saints :: Buster Davis - Inside Linebacker - Senior - Florida St.

28. New England Patriots :: Antoine Cason - Cornerback - Junior - Arizona

29. Baltimore Ravens :: Troy Smith - Quarterback - Senior - Ohio St.

30. Indianapolis Colts :: Rufus Alexander - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Oklahoma

31. Chicago Bears :: Levi Brown - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Penn St.

32. San Diego Chargers :: H.B. Blades - Inside Linebacker - Senior - Pittsburgh

Antoine Cason >>>> MacCauley

McCauley has had a subpar senior year and against what type of competition?

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby
      Antoine Cason >>>> MacCauley

McCauley has had a subpar senior year and against what type of competition?
      He's easily the best athlete at the cornerback position in the draft. After the combine and workouts he'll be solified in the 1st round and will likely be the 2nd or 3rd cornerback selected.

Comment

pretty decent pick for the Titans. They will either go with Ginn, Jarrett, or Landry.

For the Colts, I do like Alexander but I feel that DT is a bigger need. So possibly Frank Okam would be a good pick there and I think Okoye would be availabe there too even though you have him going much earlier which is too high for him. Also Lamarr Woodley is a possibly for the Colts as well since Freeney could be gone.
        INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Moses intrigues me.

Comment

Originally posted by indyfan1985
            pretty decent pick for the Titans. They will either go with Ginn, Jarrett, or Landry.

For the Colts, I do like Alexander but I feel that DT is a bigger need. So possibly Frank Okam would be a good pick there and I think Okoye would be availabe there too even though you have him going much earlier which is too high for him. Also Lamarr Woodley is a possibly for the Colts as well since Freeney could be gone.
            I have Frank Okam not declaring for the draft.

Both Okoye and Woodley are both gone by the Colts pick so that is not a possibility. Okoye is the 2nd or 3rd best DT and I can't see him being available when the Colts pick. Woodley is the top DE/OLB tweener in the draft and again, will likely be gone before the Colts pick. Plus, the Colts are going to franchise Freeney if they can't resign him.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag
              Moses intrigues me.
              Huge steal and perfect fit at that point in my opinion. You basically can't double team Moses with Henderson and Stroud on the field so he could be dominate in the pass rush.

Comment

13. Miami Dolphins :: Darrelle Revis - Cornerback - Junior - Pittsburgh

I think he will end up being the top CB out of the class so really no huge problems for the pick. I wish there was more LT's in the draft it seems to be tackle empty this year.

Comment

Though its clearly a need, I'm not sure how intent we are on going after another 1st round DT. McCargo barely got to play this year.

Willis, Posluszny, or Jarrett would be better there

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee
                    Though its clearly a need, I'm not sure how intent we are on going after another 1st round DT. McCargo barely got to play this year.

That's not a bad point. What has McCargo been up to this year? I've heard basically nothing about him. Also, the Bills are going to dedicate a lot of early picks to their offensive and defensive lines based on their drafting philosphy.

Comment

Originally posted by Moses
                      Originally posted by JT Jag
                      Moses intrigues me.
                      Huge steal and perfect fit at that point in my opinion. You basically can't double team Moses with Henderson and Stroud on the field so he could be dominate in the pass rush.
                      Bobby McCray is going to be a long-term starter for the Jaguars. Factor that in when you make your picks. He's an outstanding pass-rusher that has carried the Jaguars pass-rush on his back this year without Reggie Hayward and his run-defending skills have increased dramatically. When Hayward comes back next year, he'll be even better because he won't be double teamed.

Moses would be drafted early for two reasons.

1. The FO would view him as the Best Available Player

2. They wouldn't be sure how much of a workload Hayward could shoulder immediately after his achilles injury

The four-DE rotation of Hayward, McCray, Moses and Spicer would strike fear in the hearts of offensive tackles everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperMcgee

That's not a bad point. What has McCargo been up to this year? I've heard basically nothing about him. Also, the Bills are going to dedicate a lot of early picks to their offensive and defensive lines based on their drafting philosphy.
                        McCargo was put on IR in the early half of the season. He played on passing downs and wasn't doing too well in my view, but others liked what they saw
                        I feel that we could definitely use some help on the lines. I haven't at one point throughout the year liked our DT situation. The defensive ends have their on games and their off games. Schobel is really the only really good player on the line, but Kelsay-Denney have been serving well so far this year. A guy like Moses could still be a possibility but its been pushed back since the start of the season in my mind. One tackle position is set with Peters. Fowler will be the center next year. Our guards can use some work, but for that in a first round mock its pretty much yes or no on Blalock. Tackle possibilities take a hit with Jake Long staying for another year, and I'm not that intent on going after Levi Brown in the first.

Comment

Re: Moses' Mock Draft (Dec. 13, 2006)

18. New York Jets :: Victor Abiamiri - Defensive End/Outside Linebacker - Senior - Notre Dame
                          Not crazy about this pick. If we were going with a rush linebacker, I'd rather have Anthony Spencer. But in this situation, give us Justin Blalock.

Comment

This is probally going to sound like a newbie question but what is Jake Long's Position? espn.com says OL which i knew that but when i watched the Michigan vs. Ohio State game he was LT which vikings just signed Mckinnie to a 7yr/48.5 million deal so can he also play RT or LG? Just wondering... Overall Nice draft i agree we need to build the line to protect the QB and rush.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

I love the Buster Davis pick to the Saints. I know our need for a CB is bigger than it is for a MLB but Davis seems to be the best player available when the Saints pick so I'm happy to have him. He's a beast and is all over the field when he plays and he is definately an improvement over Simoneau at MLB.

I know in the second round we need to address CB. If Ross or Bennett or available then I say we take them. If not then we take the BPA.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information