X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moses' Mock Draft (Dec. 19, 2006)

Moses' Mock Draft
    December 19, 2006

Since I made a major error that ruined this week's mock draft, I've decided to release a new one.

PLEASE READ THIS BEFORE REPLYING
    Before you post a reply that is saying one of the picks is not likely, please make sure your post contains the following:
    -Reasoning why my pick is not likely
    -At least one better pick (must be a player that is available in this mock draft)
    -Reasoning why your pick is better than mine
    I ask this because I'm sick of reading replies that say something is a bad pick but don't give a reason or an alternative pick. Your post is useless if you don't provide reasoning or alternatives. I don't care if it's something you or somebody else has explained a thousand times, just have an explanation and an alternative. Copy and paste from somewhere else if you must. Thanks and enjoy.

1. Detroit Lions :: Brady Quinn - Quarterback - Senior - Notre Dame

2. Oakland Raiders :: Calvin Johnson - Wide Receiver - Junior - Georgia Tech

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers :: Joe Thomas - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Wisconsin

4. Arizona Cardinals :: Gaines Adams - Defensive End - Senior - Clemson

5. Cleveland Browns :: Adrian Peterson - Runningback - Junior - Oklahoma

6. Houston Texans :: Alan Branch - Defensive Tackle - Junior - Michigan

7. Washington Redskins :: Leon Hall - Cornerback - Senior - Michigan

8. St. Louis Rams :: LaRon Landry - Safety - Senior - L.S.U.

9. Minnesota Vikings :: Dwayne Jarrett - Wide Receiver - Junior - USC

10. San Francisco 49ers :: Darrelle Revis - Cornerback - Junior - Pittsburgh

11. Carolina Panthers :: Reggie Nelson - Safety - Junior - Florida

12. Green Bay Packers :: Marshawn Lynch - Runningback - Junior - California

13. Miami Dolphins :: Amobi Okoye - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Louisville

14. Atlanta Falcons :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End - Senior - Georgia

15. Kansas City Chiefs :: Ted Ginn Jr. - Wide Receiver - Junior - Ohio St.

16. Pittsburgh Steelers :: LaMarr Woodley - Rushbacker - Senior - Michigan

17. New York Giants :: Marcus McCauley - Cornerback - Senior - Fresno St.

18. Buffalo Bills :: Patrick Willis - Linebacker - Senior - Ole Miss

19. Tennessee Titans :: Antoine Cason - Cornerback - Junior - Arizona

20. New England Patriots :: Victor Abiamiri - Defensive End - Senior - Notre Dame

21. New York Jets :: Levi Brown - Offensive Tackle - Senior - Penn St.

22. Philadelphia Eagles :: Jeff Samardzija - Wide Receiver - Senior - Notre Dame

23. Denver Broncos :: Quinn Pitcock - Defensive Tackle - Senior - Ohio St.

24. Jacksonville Jaguars :: JaMarcus Russell - Quarterback - Junior - L.S.U.

25. Cincinnati Bengals :: DeMarcus Tyler - Defensive Tackle - Senior - North Carolina St.

26. Dallas Cowboys :: Justin Blalock - Offensive Linemen - Senior - Texas

27. New Orleans Saints :: Paul Posluszny - Linebacker - Senior - Penn St.

28. New England Patriots :: Michael Griffin - Safety - Senior - Texas

29. Baltimore Ravens :: Daymeion Hughes - Cornerback - Senior - California

30. Indianapolis Colts :: Rufus Alexander - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Oklahoma

31. Chicago Bears :: Earl Everett - Outside Linebacker - Senior - Florida

32. San Diego Chargers :: Johnnie Lee Higgins - Wide Receiver - Senior - U.T.E.P.

--I realize you had Rufus Alexander going before Earl Everett, but out of curiousity, who do you think would better fill the void at the weakside spot in chicago when briggs leaves? So far Ive heard nothing but Alexander at this spot, but I honestly think Earl Everett simply is a better fit. Your thoughts?

--As for the Jags pick, Ill be the first to say that I am firmly on the Leftwich bandwagon (have been for quite some time). I dont forsee any QB change myself, and if that turns out to be the case, who would the Jags take at their spot? Im tempted to say Michael Griffin myself simply because his athletic ability makes him the BAP at pick 24. Your thoughts?

--As for the rest of the draft, not too many nitpicks. Id rather have Josh Wilson with the saints pick but puzzy is also a fine choice. I think hed make a great mike linebacker in their system.

Comment

14. Atlanta Falcons :: Quentin Moses - Defensive End - Senior - Georgia
      good pick. Michael Griffin could be a good pick here too. but a DL of Moses, Abraham, Grady Jackson and Coleman would be beastly.

Owner of ScarDraft
      Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

Cardinals pick is the best possible in that situation. As for the Colts, we don't take 1st round LB's so it won't happen but I do like it. I think Glenn Dorsey would be more likely there however.

Comment

No complaints with the Buccaneers pick

Comment

Okoye won't fit our defense.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

** I also posted this on your other mock, not realizing you had more than one on hee **

ummm Jamarcus Russell is also in your "second round" , not sure
              how a guy could get drafted twice...you might wanna look into that.

Also The Vikings are NOT going to pick a WR in the first round.

Tavarius Jackson will start the rest of the year, if he suceeds at
              all...he'll be the starter next year with Bollinger as our backup.
              Which means if we don't go after a QB through F/A (Matt Schaub
              likely an option) Brad Johnson has feet out the door and is just
              awaiting his last paycheck to leave Winter Park. So I'm sure we'll
              bring in another QB next year. Just not sure how it may come.

I'd love for us to take "Puz" or Pat Willis and solidify the ILB spot
              for years instead of rellying on the inconsistent Nap Harris or
              moving Leber out of position.

If we don't go QB and don't go D we'll take a lineman. Blaylock would
              be a huge huge upgrade over the mess at RG we have. Honestly a major
              reason we suck so much offensivly is the horrid play of the right side
              of the line. Matt Cook was put in 2 weeks ago and looks like a rookie.
              He's slow doesn't move his feet at all and I don't know if he'll ever
              be good enough to play there. Artis Hicks is garbage and somehow
              Marcus Johnson is worse. I have no idea why Mike Roesenthal has a job
              in this league and this position absolutely needs to eb addressed day 1.

Vikings NEED list in order.

1-Right Side Guard
              2-Right Side Tackle
              3-Interior Linebacker to play in our Tampa 2 (need athletism)
              4-Free Safety - Sharper ain't gonna play forever and he's been lost
              in this new scheme...he doesn't support the run , nor is he fast enough to
              keep up with burner WR's from other teams.
              5-QB - even if it's to fill a slot. We have 2 and need 1 with pin point
              accuracy. Poise and is a good decision maker. Mobility a plus , not a
              requirement. Arm strength a must.
              6- Small, quick , and elusive WR's WHO CAN CATCH . and make plays after
              they catch the ball. We have enough possesion WR's and WR's who drop easy
              passes.
              7-Premier RB - Taylor / M.Moore / and Pinner are nice scatter backs but
              not one of them is a Brian Westbrook style player. That's the offense we
              run and until we get a player of his caliber, we're going to struggle in
              this position.

Comment

much better for denver.

Comment

I love the Marshawn Lynch pick.

Comment

Great Jets pick. 8)

Tyler and Blalock are also possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Severe Punishment

1-Right Side Guard
                      2-Right Side Tackle
                      passes.
                      this position.
                      Well actually our biggest problem is either Pass Rush and Wide Out and we dont need Quick we need a big possesion receiver like Jarret and Taylor is good for a running back and Moore is a good 3rd down. QB probally should be 1 of the last because of the draft of Jackson. Also our Line has been alright for the run game but since Jake Long not coming out and I dont know about Baker but i know the OL from Texas isnt worth a top 10 pick so I agree with Moses with the Dwayne Jarret pick Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor wont last and McMullen.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure

Comment

Samardjiza!? It's something different, but probably the least likely pick we can possibly make.

Donte Stallworth will be re-signed.

If he isn't, we have trouble and our WR corps would consist of Reggie Brown, Hank Baskett, Greg Lewis and Jason Avant. If we were picking #1 and could pick CJ then MAYBE we'd let Stallworth walk, but there's about a 5% chance of that happening. And if we did, we'd likely replace him in free agency or through trade, because adding an unexperienced, unproven rookie to that group of receivers would not be a good mix. Especially when he might go off and play baseball.

If any of the top three safeties are on the board when we pick, we will take that safety. Safety is our one and ONLY first round need at this point, and there's no way we pass. If all three are gone, I still think we'd go in that direction with someone like Weddle. So in this case, Michael Griffin would be the pick. I can honestly say that I'm 100% sure of that right now.

Originally posted by Severe Punishment
                        Tavarius Jackson will start the rest of the year, if he suceeds at
                        all...he'll be the starter next year with Bollinger as our backup.
                        Which means if we don't go after a QB through F/A (Matt Schaub
                        likely an option) Brad Johnson has feet out the door and is just
                        awaiting his last paycheck to leave Winter Park. So I'm sure we'll
                        bring in another QB next year. Just not sure how it may come.

I'd love for us to take "Puz" or Pat Willis and solidify the ILB spot
                        for years instead of rellying on the inconsistent Nap Harris or
                        moving Leber out of position.

1-Right Side Guard
                        2-Right Side Tackle
                        passes.
                        this position.
                        How can quarterback even be DISCUSSED as a first round pick for Minnesota?

Linebacker isn't a first round need for you guys either. Napoleon Harris was already replaced when EJ Henderson was signed long-term. Your three starters next year will be Henderson, Greenway and Leber. Who plays what spot is still to be determined, but I really don't think any of those three won't start next season unless they completely screw Greenway out of any possibility of a successful career, and that would make no sense.

I can agree that right guard and tackle are your top two needs, but there's no one really worthy taking where you guys are going to pick. I think you may pass and address one of the positions in round two, the other being solved internally.

You guys aren't going to pick a small, speedy receiver with Troy Williamson still on board. He's probably got a year left to prove himself after this season, and it's more than likely the Vikings will give him that last chance. I'm not saying you guys will take a first round receiver for sure, but if you did, it would likely be Jarrett, not Ginn. Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor are short-term solutions.

Runing back?? Chester Taylor has looked great if you ask me. I think Mewelde Moore can be the "Westbrook-type" player you speak of, although of course not nearly as good. But he and Taylor are fine in the backfield if you ask me. Maybe you can add a third guy to the mix and use Moore more on returns, but it wouldn't be a first round pick..

I do agree with the fact that you guys need a safety with your starters aging, but I think that Cedric Griffin can also move there if needed, and don't forget the potential of Greg Blue. But I don't think that's anything that will prevent you from possibly taking one in the first round.

So IMO, the Vikings needs are:
                        - Right Guard OR right tackle
                        - Big possession receiver
                        - Safety

In that order. However, because there won't be any OLs worth taking where you guys pick, I think Dwayne Jarrett is the pick should he be on the board. Trading down would be extremely likely as well.
                        Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

Well actually our biggest problem is either Pass Rush and Wide Out and we dont need Quick we need a big possesion receiver like Jarret and Taylor is good for a running back and Moore is a good 3rd down. QB probally should be 1 of the last because of the draft of Jackson. Also our Line has been alright for the run game but since Jake Long not coming out and I dont know about Baker but i know the OL from Texas isnt worth a top 10 pick so I agree with Moses with the Dwayne Jarret pick Marcus Robinson and Travis Taylor wont last and McMullen.

and and and and and how can anyone take you seriously when you don't know when to end a sentance ?

Pass rush is an issue but it has more to do with Scott being hurt, Udeze underachieveing and the soft parts of the field yeilding big plays underneath. Better LB play eliminates that. Nap Harris has been putrid in the middle and D.Thomas isn't any better. a solid ILB is what we need. Also we need to give the D Line some help by playing more bump and run to the zone coverage and less...allow the WR's to run free , run to the zone coverage. Wifield and Griffin are 2 of the better physical corners in the NFC North.

WR's are either trying to catch on the wrong shoulder or Johnson was getting to much pressure and had to throw the ball away before the WR's got their routes finished. better line play improves your offense. The left side is rock solid the right side blows goats. It's another one of the reasons our run game has been lackluster. Artis Hicks and Marcus Johnson have cost us as many games with their horrible play and penalties as anything. Brad Johnson's play hasn't helped.

We have enough possession WR's in Bethel Johnson / Billy McMullen and Marcus Robinson. I'm not sure if you watch the Vikings or know anything about us, but we run a west coast offense which rellies on short passes and WR's getting their YAC. Travis taylor is useless in this system and Williamson can't seem to catch a cold. this is another reason we struggle.

Taylor was unproductive minus the one run in seattle and doesn't have the big play capability. I'll give you M.Moore being a very good 3rd down back. Doesn't negate our need for a premier Rb though.

QB should either be addressed on day 1 or through F/A. Jackson doesn't even have a start in and already Minnesotans are dubbing him the franchise QB.....let's say he is. Great. Then what ? What if he gets hurt (like DC did) do you really want Brooks Bollinger starting for the next 2 years ? ...I don't.

Your last "points" aren't comprehensible so I won't comment on nonsense.

If we pick top 10 we will most likely trade down to around 15. Where Blaylock or Baker would fit perfectly. Pat Willis is a maybe and even Reggie Nelson would be a better pick than another SC possession WR that doesn't have 4.4 or better speed.

Comment

Originally posted by nshelat1
                            --I realize you had Rufus Alexander going before Earl Everett, but out of curiousity, who do you think would better fill the void at the weakside spot in chicago when briggs leaves? So far Ive heard nothing but Alexander at this spot, but I honestly think Earl Everett simply is a better fit. Your thoughts?
                            Alexander is a better prospect in my opinion so I would say Alexander at this point. Both are good fits for the weakside because of their speed and ability to attack.

Originally posted by nshelat1
                            --As for the Jags pick, Ill be the first to say that I am firmly on the Leftwich bandwagon (have been for quite some time). I dont forsee any QB change myself, and if that turns out to be the case, who would the Jags take at their spot? Im tempted to say Michael Griffin myself simply because his athletic ability makes him the BAP at pick 24. Your thoughts?
                            This was one of the toughest picks in the draft. It's too early to tell if the Jaguars will go quarterback but after watching Garrard make several key mistakes I think it will definitely be on their mind. A lot of people believe Leftwich will be gone after this season.

Griffin is definitely a possibility at that spot as the Jaguars could use some youth and an upgrade at safety.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                              Cardinals pick is the best possible in that situation. As for the Colts, we don't take 1st round LB's so it won't happen but I do like it. I think Glenn Dorsey would be more likely there however.
                              I rarely buy into the hype that certain franchises don't draft certain positions in certain rounds. Sure, there are a few truisms out there but all in all I don't buy it. I think the Colts will take the BDPA, and at that point, it's Alexander.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information