Sporting News:NFC Top Offensive Tackles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
    Colts, Bengals, Chargers, Rams, Seahawks, and Eagles all have a very good OT duo when healthy, and a case could be made for the Pats and Saints.
    umm well if i do recall i said nfc teams.... colts, bengals, chargers and pats are all in the afc... and i don treally know about the saints... brown is good but who do they have on the other side?

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
      umm well if i do recall i said nfc teams.... colts, bengals, chargers and pats are all in the afc... and i don treally know about the saints... brown is good but who do they have on the other side?
      Oh, my mistake. I thought you meant only 3 teams in the NFL had good tackle duos. Stinchcomb is the Saints' RT, and as I recall, he did a good job last season.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Niners are just about right on this list. I can see in the next 3-4 years them being top 5 when Staley really comes into his own as a left tackle and Jennings moves to right tackle.

Comment

Packers have dropped a bit due to injury concerns but Tauscher and Clifton are about as dependable as they come.

Comment

Glad the big boys got their recognition. They were really clicking towards the end of the year.

Comment

Soo they mention Tait's ankle surgery yet totally tip toe over Pace's blown ACL!

I also love how they say "even at 31", 30 + are the golden years for most OLM.

Comment

Oh, my mistake. I thought you meant only 3 teams in the NFL had good tackle duos. Stinchcomb is the Saints' RT, and as I recall, he did a good job last season.
                I dont know i think he is just kind of there personally... they will need to find another good tackle IMO before i start saying they're one of the best in the L

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by Don Vito View Post
                  Disagree with the Lions at 15, they are definitely better than that with the addition of Foster. Backus is solid as well and Jon Scott is a good depth guy who can play a few positions.

And who is that who said Matt Light is a top 5 tackle in the NFL? As a Pats fan I will tell you that someone messed up there. He is solid when healthy but not top 5.
                  George Foster blows. The Broncos were itching to get rid of him, he had been a huge dissapointment

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                    I dont know i think he is just kind of there personally... they will need to find another good tackle IMO before i start saying they're one of the best in the L
                    Stinchcomb was solid this past season and earned a new contract, there were times he could've played better but every Tackle is going to have a few times were they struggle.

We also have 2 young Tackles, Zach Strief who stepped in at LT when Brown was injured for a game and held Simeon Rice to 0 sacks, and rookie Jermon Bushrod has been drawing great impressions in camps so far. Either of them could be potential starters at RT in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Auron View Post
                      Stinchcomb was solid this past season and earned a new contract, there were times he could've played better but every Tackle is going to have a few times were they struggle.

We also have 2 young Tackles, Zach Strief who stepped in at LT when Brown was injured for a game and held Simeon Rice to 0 sacks, and rookie Jermon Bushrod has been drawing great impressions in camps so far. Either of them could be potential starters at RT in the future.
                      i actually really like strief... im not saying you guys dont have agood line... just that its not up there in the league IMO

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Top 5 in the AFC, not the NFL.
                        McNeill should be higher than him if you just count last season. Heck, if you just count last season, then McNeil should be higher than Anderson and possibly Glenn.

Comment

The steelers are too high. Marvel is decent but starks is bad. There's a solid chance Willie Colon could replace him this year. I'm all for the Steelers drafting a left tackle in the first round next year and moving Marvel to the right side, and Willie Colon to guard.
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFpnxVrT8Js

Comment

The Rams should be ranked 16th in everything. They are going to blow.

Comment

I have to say I was not impressed with the Vikings tackle play last season, can't really agree with them that high.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Kwame harris struggles in all facets of the game, not just pass blocking.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information