Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
    Originally posted by niel89
    well another thing to factor in is that the colt seem to have had trouble with 3-4 defences in the past.
    How much do you guys run that? 50/50 or are there a majority of plays in the favor of one?

The past couple of games it has been more of 70-75/30-25 ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens1991
      Originally posted by Basileus777
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      everyone who says the Ravens will easily win this game are forgetting that Peyton has had a history of carving that acclaimed Ravens defense up.

Of course, the playoffs are a different story. But don't give the Colts no chance. Peyton knows how to take on this defense, he's done it before with alot of success.
      Manning has only played against Rex Ryan's defense once, the first game of the season in 2005. In that game Peyton was shut down the first half before having a good second half. This Ravens defense is alot better, especially considering that was the first game with Ryan as DC and the first game using his system. And most importantly, that wasn't a playoff game.
      In the first game of the season the TOP of about 50 minutes to the Colts compared to 10 minutes for the Ravens, in that game our o-line couldnt pass block, now our pass blocking is a lot better then that time and our defense is better then that time also.
      Worst. Guess. Ever. Next time, you might want to try to be at least in the general vicinity of being correct instead of overblowing your exaggeration to the point of ridiculousness. The Ravens had the ball for nearly 33 minutes in that game, which is a FAR CRY from the 10 you're claiming.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610
        everyone who says the Ravens will easily win this game are forgetting that Peyton has had a history of carving that acclaimed Ravens defense up.

Of course, the playoffs are a different story. But don't give the Colts no chance. Peyton knows how to take on this defense, he's done it before with alot of success.
        Manning has only played against Rex Ryan's defense once, the first game of the season in 2005. In that game Peyton was shut down the first half before having a good second half. This Ravens defense is alot better, especially considering that was the first game with Ryan as DC and the first game using his system. And most importantly, that wasn't a playoff game.
        In the first game of the season the TOP of about 50 minutes to the Colts compared to 10 minutes for the Ravens, in that game our o-line couldnt pass block, now our pass blocking is a lot better then that time and our defense is better then that time also.
        Worst. Guess. Ever. Next time, you might want to try to be at least in the general vicinity of being correct instead of overblowing your exaggeration to the point of ridiculousness. The Ravens had the ball for nearly 33 minutes in that game, which is a FAR CRY from the 10 you're claiming.
        U wanna avatar bet ?

Comment

Originally posted by niel89
          yeah i agree that the ravens wont just blow out the colts or the opposite of that.

this should be a really good game and i cant fully use manning past success as a pefect gauge to view this game, simply because these are very different teams then they were in the past.

i cant speak for the colts because i frankly dont know about them enough, but for the ravens they are a very different team starting at the quarterback.
          in the last matchup kyle boller was the starter. McNair is a much more stable qb for this team and the ability for this offence to sustain drives and to be able to put up points is a large upgrade compaired to the old team.

also in the game last year kyle boller got injured during the game forcing anthony wright to come in. wright had 3 turnover( 2 INTs and one Fumble lost). this was a further drop off for a struggling offence.

stover also played really bad going 0 for 3, leaving 9 points on the field.

the Wr.s are also better in my opinion. Mark clayton is a better player now and Demetrious(sp?) Williams gives a solid 3rd option.

on defense they really werent as strong as they now are. they werent as commfortable in their defence and i think the players on the team now are upgrades at cerain positions. i.e. Ngata, Pryce, Landry( i think so), Cmac( playing better) Thomas and Scott really playing well.

i think that the ravens team is much better but the colts team is still a great team. should be real fun to watch.

also Ogden does get owned be Freeney :(
          yeah, this is important. the Ravens couldnt get that O going b/c of QB injury, Turnovers, missed FG, etc. then the colts jump out to a nice lead, then it game over, thats what games v Indy are all about. Not as likely to happen w/ McNair.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddenPlayer52

U wanna avatar bet ?
            nah, hes right. 33-27 was the TOP, the Ravens had more.

If i remember right, the Ravens kept making drives and then blowing it in the red zone or stalling at the 50, missed FGs played a big role. These are things you absolutely cant do against the Colts.

on a side note, the Colts controlled the ball for 40 minutes against the Chiefs, a big reason why the Chiefs D fell apart in the 2nd half and why the lost. that Chief O was sad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheChampIsHere
              Originally posted by MaddenPlayer52

U wanna avatar bet ?
              nah, hes right. 33-27 was the TOP, the Ravens had more.

If i remember right, the Ravens kept making drives and then blowing it in the red zone or stalling at the 50, missed FGs played a big role. These are things you absolutely cant do against the Colts.

on a side note, the Colts controlled the ball for 40 minutes against the Chiefs, a big reason why the Chiefs D fell apart in the 2nd half and why the lost. that Chief O was sad.
              damn boller

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

ok I made a mistake woops daisy but still our offense is better then it was when we had the game against the colts last time we played them, our stadium is also going to be pumped up because it is a team that most older fans hate, I cant wait til saturday it will be a good game

Comment

Wow this is a tough one to call, it's going to be a very close game in my opinion. I see the Colts winning in the end though on a Vinatieri 50 yard FG.

Comment

And Dwight Freeney owns Ogden on passing downs.
                    Oh really? Peyton has never really carved up our D. in '04 Boller cost us, in their dome, in '05 we were a different team: no Pryce, no Ngata, no Landry, 1st game in Rex's crazy ass system, 6-10 vs. 13-3 says it all.

As for Freeny and Ogden; Ogden got beat bad in the dome in '04 on a bum knee. Against Indy in '05 he gave up a whopping 0 sacks. Owns, I think not.
                    Freeny is built for the dome, they pump in that extra noise over the speakers so the tackles can't hear and the turf aids his speed. It's a different story in Baltimore, and i garuntee you Ogden will do worse things than 'owning' to Freeny on run plays Saturday.

Comment

• this is the number 1 game im anticipating for this weekend, I cant wait to watch it. I have a strong feeling the Ravens will go all the way this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Star Wideout
                        Wow this is a tough one to call, it's going to be a very close game in my opinion. I see the Colts winning in the end though on a Vinatieri 50 yard FG.
                        Which would officially make that contract worth every penny.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

• Forecast for the game; RAINY. Even more reason to like the Ravens.

Comment

• If the Colts D plays as well as they did last week, then I think they have a good chance. BUt I picked the Ravens. Their D is too good, and their offense can score enough. I expect a higher scoring game than I've seen from some pundits. Perhaps say, 24-17.

Comment

• Originally posted by toonsterwu
                              If the Colts D plays as well as they did last week, then I think they have a good chance. BUt I picked the Ravens. Their D is too good, and their offense can score enough. I expect a higher scoring game than I've seen from some pundits. Perhaps say, 24-17.
                              the colt d gets man handle on sat
                              I expect a low scoring game- as the raven will try to keep manning off the pitch
                              Michael Vick 2.0 = Part 2 - 2011 NFL Season

Comment

• I cant wait until tommorow

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information