Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 32 Starting QBs: Peter King

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...qbs/index.html

-Eli Manning 23rd, behind Jeff Garcia. Nice!

-Jon Kitna 9th, 3 spots ahead of McNabb

-VY 7th, hahahaha

sig by BoneKrusher

How does this guy get work?

Comment

1.P. Manning
      2. T. Brady
      3. D. Brees
      4. C. Palmer
      5. M. Bulger
      6. M. Hasselbeck

The top six actually isn't that bad but I would put Mcnabb in it. And Kitna should not be that high...or Vince young for that matter

I think Romo is way too high as well

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

If you would read his rankings, you would realize it's based on how he thinks they will do this year. McNabb's injury history is the reason for the lower ranking.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
        I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
          How does this guy get work?
          QFT.

Find the number that fits least with the rest:

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
            QFT.

Find the number that fits least with the rest:

Instead of looking at total yards, you could look at YPA, which puts him right there in the middle of that pack you listed. Plus, the article is based around which QB he feels will do best in the next year, so he factored in what he judges as intangibles, which is why the QB you are referencing is ranked where he is. Do I think its low for him? Yes, but citing total passing yards isn't the best way to argue that, considering how many more attmepts he has then those other QBs around him.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
              Instead of looking at total yards, you could look at YPA, which puts him right there in the middle of that pack you listed. Plus, the article is based around which QB he feels will do best in the next year, so he factored in what he judges as intangibles, which is why the QB you are referencing is ranked where he is. Do I think its low for him? Yes, but citing total passing yards isn't the best way to argue that, considering how many more attmepts he has then those other QBs around him.
              He's better than everyone around him in several catagories, including wins and TD/INT ratio. Sure he has a mediocre in some stat categories. But, the only reason King put him that far down is because of the "intangable" category, which isn't even a stat, it's a ranking and it's arguable. He is tied for last in the intangable category with Tavaris Jackson. You have to be kidding me. BTW, i'm not going to be defending Eli too much. He does deserve to be moved up 4-5 spots though. I mean, Matt Schaub, Matt Leinart, those guys haven't proven anything yet. Peter King has been considered a joke for quite a while now, this solidifies it in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                He's better than everyone around him in several catagories, including wins and TD/INT ratio. Sure he has a mediocre in some stat categories. But, the only reason King put him that far down is because of the "intangable" category, which isn't even a stat, it's a ranking and it's arguable. He is tied for last in the intangable category with Tavaris Jackson. You have to be kidding me. BTW, i'm not going to be defending Eli too much. He does deserve to be moved up 4-5 spots though. I mean, Matt Schaub, Matt Leinart, those guys haven't proven anything yet. Peter King has been considered a joke for quite a while now, this solidifies it in my mind.
                I'm suprised I actually agree with you on something.

I'm not a huge Manning fan, but I would move him up about the same amount of spots. Bottom line though, its a sportswriter, writing his opinion, to stir up controversy at an otherwise dead time. If you're trying to start a conversation and stir something up, Eli's the guy to do it with.

Schaub, Garcia, Roethlisberger, McNair, maybe Leinart I would put him ahead of, but that's just my opinion...I guess though if your looking at their success that will come on paper though, Leinart would be hard to pick against considering his other weapons.

I only took objection because of the way you tried proving it, with only passing yards..

Comment

HAHAHA....this list sucks. I don't understand how players who have started so few games and are so unproven can be ranked so high i.e Matt Schaub. I wonder how Mcnabb is #12 because we all know that if he's healthy and starting or even when he's not so healthy he's a top 5 QB in the league.

stephenson86

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                    If I cared what Peter King thought, that might mean something I suppose.

*shrug*
                    Those egregiously bad points that etk pointed out only serve to reinforce the above.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Ok, lets see.

Kitna plays under a Mike Martz as the OC. He has Roy Williams, Calvin Johnson and Mike Furrey (yes the one that caught almost 100 passes last year) to throw to. Kitna also has the potential for a running game in Tatum Bell, and Kevin Jones (if he comes back from injury). The Lions play in an easier division, indoors, and Kitna does not have an injury history.

If you really think that picking Kitna to have 4k passing yards and 25 TD's this year is unreasonable you are an idiot.

Designs by Thule

Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                      I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.

Comment

At least we think alike.

I'd take Drew Brees over Carson Palmer if I were starting a team right now. Sacrilege! With fewer weapons and the same comeback from serious injury, Brees has narrowly outplayed Palmer over the past two years, and I think it's a good bet he will in '07.
                        Shaub at 19 is hilarious. He has hardly no experience.

Comment

King gets on his knees for Brees so much, it's ridiculous.
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

King used to hate the Saints. With a passion.

Comment

I don't like this list.

- McNabb is still an elite QB.
                              - I don't like Mike Vick, but there is NO WAY there are 20 QBs in the NFL that make more plays then he does.
                              - Kitna isn't top 10 QB in the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information