McNabb vs Elway

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by broncs2bowl View Post
    actually you did say Unitas is better than Elway because I had an argument with you
    Not really... i couldnt care less about Johnny U... I care about stone cold hard facts.

Like the following

McNabb's first 8 seasons are better than Elways first 8 seasons. Who is going to be the first to admit that they are wrong. You can go to pages 3 and 4 and find a simple copy and paste.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neo View Post
      I didnt know they were important i thought in the playoffs your goal was to win the superbowl. Neither did thru 8 seasons. McNabb however did however walk off the field a winner in the playoffs more times during his first 8 seasons.
      Yes, but he only made the Super Bowl once, Elway 3 times

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• ^ Donovan's trophy case
        We ALL bleed scarlet
        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by neko4 View Post
          Dont even get me started again. Manning plays in warm weather, in a dome, with a great offensive line, a HOF WR, and a pro bowl WR and TE, and he once had a Pro bowl HB

Unitas had two good players, and besides that was 100000000 times tougher than Manning.
          1) Stick to the topic at hand
          2) Manning has never missed a game... but in 1958 that punk unitas missed 2 games... i dont know why... but i do know that makes him a punk, unlike the warrior known as manning who would have played.

McNabb's first 8 seasons are better than Elways... fact

Comment

• mcnabb is probley my fav qb in the nfl...and has been for the last few years...but this argument could go on forever...it comes down to how a person views sucess...if ud rather have 1 conference championship and better stats and thats what u think is a better start to ur career then thats just what u think...now normal ppl would probley take lesser stats but 3 conference championships and say thats better and i would agree...now i think that the 2 are very close over there 1st 8 years...i think its alot closer then what some of the elway supporters think...i also think elway is the 2nd best qb to ever play the game so its not like i dont like elway...me personally id take elway over the 1st 8 years becuz every teams goal is to get to the superbowl...and of course elway did it more....but were not gonna change neo's view on what more sucessful is so we should just stop tryin

Comment

• Originally posted by neko4 View Post
              Yes, but he only made the Super Bowl once, Elway 3 times
              So losing in the superbowl makes you a better QB then a QB who has a better playoff record and absolutely dominating statistics. Thats silly where my Jim Kelly fans at... holla

Comment

• Originally posted by reese View Post
                mcnabb is probley my fav qb in the nfl...and has been for the last few years...but this argument could go on forever...it comes down to how a person views sucess...if ud rather have 1 conference championship and better stats and thats what u think is a better start to ur career then thats just what u think...now normal ppl would probley take lesser stats but 3 conference championships and say thats better and i would agree...now i think that the 2 are very close over there 1st 8 years...i think its alot closer then what some of the elway supporters think...i also think elway is the 2nd best qb to ever play the game so its not like i dont like elway...me personally id take elway over the 1st 8 years becuz every teams goal is to get to the superbowl...and of course elway did it more....but were not gonna change neo's view on what more sucessful is so we should just stop tryin

They are not very close at ALL McNABB destroys Elway... i mean 128 INT's Awful somebody needs to tell him to throw to the right team now and then. The goal is to win the superbowl neither did that. Playoff Success (McNabb) Stats (MCNABB BY A LONGSHOT) Who is better (MCNABB)

Comment

mcnabb is probley my fav qb in the nfl...and has been for the last few years...but this argument could go on forever...it comes down to how a person views sucess...if ud rather have 1 conference championship and better stats and thats what u think is a better start to ur career then thats just what u think...now normal ppl would probley take lesser stats but 3 conference championships and say thats better and i would agree...now i think that the 2 are very close over there 1st 8 years...i think its alot closer then what some of the elway supporters think...i also think elway is the 2nd best qb to ever play the game so its not like i dont like elway...me personally id take elway over the 1st 8 years becuz every teams goal is to get to the superbowl...and of course elway did it more....but were not gonna change neo's view on what more sucessful is so we should just stop tryin
                  how to define success? in the words of a former new york coach,
                  YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. something Elway has, and Donovan hasnt, win the super bowl
                  We ALL bleed scarlet
                  New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                  UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                  Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                  BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neo View Post
                    They are not very close at ALL McNABB destroys Elway... i mean 128 INT's Awful somebody needs to tell him to throw to the right team now and then. The goal is to win the superbowl neither did that. Playoff Success (McNabb) Stats (MCNABB BY A LONGSHOT) Who is better (MCNABB)

no, the stats are close...the only one mcnabb blows him away in is ints....he doesnt blow him away in yards cuz elway has more...he doesnt blow him away in tds..its pretty close..the only stat he blows him away in is ints

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                      YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME. something Elway has, and Donovan hasnt, win the super bowl
                      Hey smarty... we are talking about the first 8 seasons... To my knowledge Elway didnt win one during that period of time. Posted significantly worse #'s and a worse playoff record.

Comment

• This argument is ridiculous, obviously no one is gonna convince neo that Elway was better, and neo's not gonna convince anyone that McNabb was better.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottyboy View Post
                          i agree..u play to win..but winning isnt always the end all be all in comparing 2 players..while neither is stats...i think its a happy medium between the 2 along with the situation that the 2 players were in....both the guys were talkin about were in similar situations...with similar numbers..but elway has more conference championships so thats why i go with him
                          Last edited by reese; 06-18-2007, 01:49 PM.

Comment

no stats are close...the only one mcnabb blows him away in is ints....he doesnt blow him away in yards cuz elway has more...he doesnt blow him away in tds..its pretty close..the only stat he blows him away in is ints
                            17 isnt all that close. And INT's is a very important stat. When a QB is throwing for 17 more TD's and 50 less INT's he is BLOWING the other QB away. McNabb wont catch Elway in INT's over the next 4/5 seasons.

Comment

• Plus...
                              When Unitas retired he held 22 records. Including most completions, attempts, yards, 300yd games, TD passes, and seasons leading the league in TD's. SO...Unitas was the Marino of his time, but since it was a different time period his stats dont look that great in comparison to the Marinos and Mannings. But how can you expect the man of the 50's and 60's to comare with the man of the 80's-00's. Its like asking the Roman's to build a tank. If they had the technology and knowledge they could, but man had yet to build a gun or car yet, so a tank was a long way off. Same thing with QB's. QB's had yet to throw for 40,000 until Unitas did, and since Unitas did it provided incentive for QB's to break his record allowing the position to progress stats wise.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Neo do you honestly think that it's a coincidence that all of the Eagles fans on this board disagree with you? Logically if McNabb truly was the superior qb to John Elway, wouldn't Eagles fans be adamant about saying so?

All you have are stats. Athletically, Donovan could be considered superior, but he isn't the leader Elway was. Donovan is not a leader and never has been. I'd take Elway every time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information