No announcement yet.

Breat Favre's Future....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm alright with whatever Brett decides. Either way is fine to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088
      Your tired of Brett Favre talk about as much as I'm tired of Mike Vick talk. He has his own damn thread on this site for crying out loud.
      You think I like that? :roll:

Number 4 should not retire he still gives the packers the best chance at winning, and that is the only objective that packers fans should be interested in IMO.
      He should've retired when he was still good, at the pinnacle of his career. Just like Jerry Rice should have. The four INT debacle against Minnesota should have been the sign that it was time for him to step away.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver
        Your tired of Brett Favre talk about as much as I'm tired of Mike Vick talk. He has his own damn thread on this site for crying out loud.

Number 4 should not retire he still gives the packers the best chance at winning, and that is the only objective that packers fans should be interested in IMO.
        He should've retired when he was still good, at the pinnacle of his career. Just like Jerry Rice should have.
        He is still good. Not as good as he used to but you don't retire at your best.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
          To say that the Packers "definately should be a playoff team next year" is absurd. They were 8-8 this year playing the AFC East and NFC West, you don't think it's going to be a whole hell of a lot harder to repeat that against the NFC East and the AFC West? Come on. I think it's entirely possible that every team dips in the North (except for the Lions, they can't get any worse), including the Bears.
          I agree, I think it would be pretty dumb to say the Packers are a lock to make the playoffs next year.

I think if Favre returned and they stayed relatively healthy through the year than there is a good chance that they can make the playoffs. I think they could either duplicate their record this year or go 9-7. We have seen over the last couple years that a 9-7 record in the NFC gives you a pretty good shot at making the playoffs.

And on the topic of Favre retiring here's what I think:

I really think that this would be a perfect time for him to retire. He has regained some of the respect he lost last year and led a below average team to an 8-8 record. I think Rodgers has probably learned enough from Favre that another year with him around wouldn't benefit him as much.

Although I think it would be a perfect time for him to retire. It wouldn't bother me if he didn't retire, which I don't think he's going to. I don't really think that another year on the bench would destroy Rodgers. There has been tons of QB's who have sat to start there career for 3 or more years and they have turned out fine. Favre still loves playing the game and he see's that he has an improving team around him. I think he want's to help them as much as possible before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12
            Originally posted by Shiver

He should've retired when he was still good, at the pinnacle of his career. Just like Jerry Rice should have.
            He is still good. Not as good as he used to but you don't retire at your best.
            No, but he should've retired after '04.

Comment

Originally posted by BlindSite
              I think Brett Favre should do whatever Brett Favre wants.
              ^^^^^ COMMENT OF THE YEAR RIGHT THERE....... .^^^^

He should do whatever HE CHOOSES, not anyone else. Not his wife either.

He's still better than 2/3 of today's starting QBs, and I guarantee you that Tiki Barber would have rather had Brett this year than the Manning. Bears fans would pay money to have him instead of Rex.

Comment

Originally posted by SterlingSharpe

He's still better than 2/3 of today's starting QBs, and I guarantee you that Tiki Barber would have rather had Brett this year than the Manning. Bears fans would pay money to have him instead of Rex.
                So you think Brett Favre is a top 11 QB in the NFL? Who are these 21 QB's that are worse than him?

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway
                  Originally posted by SterlingSharpe

So you think Brett Favre is a top 11 QB in the NFL? Who are these 21 QB's that are worse than him?
                  Grossman
                  Manning
                  BJ/Jackson
                  Kitna
                  Romo
                  Campbell
                  Gradkowski
                  Leinart
                  Smith
                  Pennington
                  Harrington/Leomon
                  Losman
                  Leftwich
                  Carr
                  Mcnair
                  Frye
                  Green
                  Walter
                  Cutler

. I wouldn't be against putting Roethlisberger, Young, or Delhome

Comment

Grossman
                    Manning
                    BJ/Jackson
                    Kitna
                    Romo
                    Campbell
                    Gradkowski
                    Leinart
                    Smith
                    Pennington
                    Harrington/Leomon
                    Losman
                    Leftwich
                    Carr
                    Mcnair
                    Frye
                    Green
                    Walter
                    Cutler
                    I wouldn't say the bolded players are better than Favre but its personal preference I guess. I just don't think a player that isn't even top 25 in passer rating can be considered as a top 11 QB.

Comment

Grossman
                      Manning
                      BJ/Jackson
                      Kitna
                      Romo
                      Campbell
                      Gradkowski
                      Leinart
                      Smith
                      Pennington
                      Harrington/Leomon
                      Losman
                      Leftwich
                      Carr
                      Mcnair
                      Frye
                      Green
                      Walter
                      Cutler
                      I wouldn't say the bolded players are better than Favre but its personal preference I guess. I just don't think a player that isn't even top 25 in passer rating can be considered as a top 11 QB.
                      Are you seriously telling me you would rather have Brad Johnson, Matt Leinart, Joey Harrington and Bruce Gradkowski over Brett Favre.

Comment

Grossman
                        Manning
                        BJ/Jackson
                        Kitna
                        Romo
                        Campbell
                        Gradkowski
                        Leinart
                        Smith
                        Pennington
                        Harrington/Leomon
                        Losman
                        Leftwich
                        Carr
                        Mcnair
                        Frye
                        Green
                        Walter
                        Cutler
                        Are you seriously telling me you would rather have Brad Johnson, Matt Leinart, Joey Harrington and Bruce Gradkowski over Brett Favre.
                        My mistake. I said wouldn't instead of would.

Comment

Grossman
                          Manning
                          BJ/Jackson
                          Kitna
                          Romo
                          Campbell
                          Gradkowski
                          Leinart
                          Smith
                          Pennington
                          Harrington/Leomon
                          Losman
                          Leftwich
                          Carr
                          Mcnair
                          Frye
                          Green
                          Walter
                          Cutler
                          My mistake. I said wouldn't instead of would.
                          That doesn't make it much better. I think you could make a case for three of them but Kitna? No way. I still would take him over those 4 though.

Comment

Kitna had a better QB rating, more TD's and more yards than Favre this year.

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information