Cowher secretly planning 2008 return?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea,

Supposedly Cowhers Contract was written up that since he still owes Pittsburgh a year under contract, that any team wanting to sign him would have to give some sort of compensation..

Atleast thats what I read.

That would be bitchin'! ... Gruden fetches 2-1sts and 2-2nds.. we should atleast get 3-1st rounders 2-2nd rounders and 2-3rds..

It's a rape, but we'll take it.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

i dont know how much bearing it has. but i talked to cowher outside of a raleigh restuarant a while back. he said he has loved being home and he has enjoyed the time being away from his family. so i really dont see him going far from them. id say carolina or washington would be decent bets as they are easy driving distances. i am sure he is going to come back to coaching though. he had that look when i asked him. his answer was he hasnt thought about it much but his face had passion. idk. just thought that would be interesting to throw out there. i told him he should coach at state but alas...

Comment

Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
        i dont know how much bearing it has. but i talked to cowher outside of a raleigh restuarant a while back. he said he has loved being home and he has enjoyed the time being away from his family. so i really dont see him going far from them. id say carolina or washington would be decent bets as they are easy driving distances. i am sure he is going to come back to coaching though. he had that look when i asked him. his answer was he hasnt thought about it much but his face had passion. idk. just thought that would be interesting to throw out there. i told him he should coach at state but alas...
        Could you imagine the team he would've had...

Mario Williams at 3-4 RDE, John McCarge/DeMario Pressley at 3-4 LDE
        Tank Johnson at NT
        Manny Lawson at 3-4 ROLB ... John Amanchukwu at 3-4 LOLB

NC State would've been unstoppable.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

wasn't gruden traded to the bucs for the two firsts, 2 seconds and some money

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

He'll be in NY if Coughlin gets the boot, I'm sure of it.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

He was a former Browns player and coach, and I think he'd jump on an oppurtunity to play in the AFC North again in a heartbeat if they offered him full power. Hopefully Savage and Crennel (at least Savage) won't have to be fired. I think he'd go to Cleveland though over Carolina, New York, or Washington. Washington might be more tempting though.

Comment

Originally posted by Man_Of_Steel View Post
                Nice, brings those comp picks Pittsburgh's way. If Gruden got a couple first rounders and seconds than Cowher will set Pittsburgh for the future.
                That kinda **** is way over.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                  That kinda **** is way over.
                  You believe that because?

The NFL will award the comp picks and Gruden was the last coach to get comp picks. A little off-topic but look how much the Patriots gave up for Belichek. Cowher id arguably the most sought after coach of the last decade. The Steelers have him under contract, they will get compensated and chances are they will get more than Gruden got.

Comment

The NFL will award the comp picks and Gruden was the last coach to get comp picks. A little off-topic but look how much the Patriots gave up for Belichek. Cowher id arguably the most sought after coach of the last decade. The Steelers have him under contract, they will get compensated and chances are they will get more than Gruden got.
                    Teams realize the risk of doing such things especially with the high bust rate of coaches.

Comment

As a man who hates the Steelers... I'd have to think you're right.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                        Not at all, he played and begun his coaching career in Cleveland.
                        I sure will miss the 40-0 beat downs en-rout to championships....shouldn't you be consoling Lebrick James right now.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                        Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost View Post
                          Teams realize the risk of doing such things especially with the high bust rate of coaches.
                          I dont think u understand how this works.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                            As a man who hates the Steelers... I'd have to think you're right.
                            Thank you, and may i say as a Steelers fan, Chad Johnson is a beast.

Comment

Thank you, and may i say as a Steelers fan, Chad Johnson is a beast.
                              To be honest with you I'd rather have Rudi Johnson

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Its obvious he wants to paid 10 million to 8 million. If he goes to Browns it will be weird for Steelers. But he did start out their some very long time ago. Panthers and Tampa are good choices for him. He cant come back this yr for breach of contract.

It was all a plan by him.

Like Parcelles is comming back to be gm or HC because he couldnt deal with people who couldnt go old school cough T.O. cough

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information