No announcement yet.

Cowher secretly planning 2008 return?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he will not cost a first rounder. to compare gruden and check to this situation is idiotic. cowher is retired, they already have replaced him, and its only for one year. any one of those alone is enough to knock it down. if you combine them all...

Comment

Aren't coaches contracts from one date to another date? I didn't think it was just a vague number of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
        Aren't coaches contracts from one date to another date? I didn't think it was just a vague number of years.
        Same... I was pretty sure he had to sit out one year and then he could come back, maybe were wrong though.

Comment

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorec...ticleID=204629

EDIT:
          http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19317780/

I knew he wouldn't come to DC -.-

PFT can go suck on their "league sources."
          Last edited by skinzzfan25; 06-20-2007, 07:08 PM.

Comment

I think his contract has expired, but say that wasn't the case couldn't he force the Steelers to fire Tomlin or have himself fired. If he's under contract to be the Head Coach there can't be a another head coach so the team would have to fired Tomlin or they'd be violating the contract. IF they are happy with Tomlin they won't want to fire him and replace him with an unhappy coach that will leave the next season.
            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Firing a first year head coach is pretty unlikely.

Carolina, maybe, I heard he's from the area, if John Fox doesn't get playoffs apparently its dunzo for him and the staff, which I could understand. He'd help the team for sure, I just don't know if he'd want to switch to a 34. God I hope not.

Comment

yeah if Cowher was still under contract for next season then the steelers would trade him.

I think he would eventually make a change for the 3-4. Peppers as a OLB he would be nasty, he could russ with hand down or stand up. He could jsut free lance

Comment

peppers is a PERFECT 43 DE. it is asinine to even consider making him a 34 olb.

Comment

Originally posted by ncstateviking View Post
                    peppers is a PERFECT 43 DE. it is asinine to even consider making him a 34 olb.
                    I could not agree more. He is a cornerstone and one of the best players in the league regardless of position.

Comment

that man can do it all im saying he can play what ever he wants he can be a perfect free lance rusher if Cowher was thier

Comment

He could be amazing if used like Merriman in SD, but coweher's scheme is different from how Wade ran the 34.

Maybe it could work as baltimore's does now as a hybrid, but our linebackers are all small and quick by design... We need a strong DLine to keep them free to attack, changing to a 34 would mean a complete overhaul of one of the NFL's best front 7s which makes no sense.

Comment

The Ravens why is what i was thinking u come out with ur front 7 but the off. has no idea how many guys are going down on the line and how many are standing. They did that with Suggs, and Thomas. They would just rotate them on and off the line, so chaning to 3-4 anad 4-3 like that

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information