Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowher secretly planning 2008 return?

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nfl

A league source tells Pro Football Talk that there is already talk in league circles that former Steelers coach Bill Cowher is planning his potential return to the NFL. Per the source, Cowher already has spoken with multiple teams about filling a potential vacancy in 2008. The source also says that one of Cowher's demands will be full control over the football operations. The teams, the source says, are believed to be the Browns, Redskins, and Panthers.

This issue was discussed when he initially retired. It's all about a change of scenery and I think if Carolina began vacant that he would jump at that job in a minute.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

If Cowher took over the Panthers, they might actually live up to their potential.

Also, back in my NFC East write-up, I included the New York Giants in addition to the Redskins, Panthers, and Browns as potential landing sites for Coach Chin.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

If he went to the Browns that would just be weird...

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me to see him as someones head coach by this time next year.

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
            Not at all, he played and begun his coaching career in Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
              yea that would be messed up.

Comment

It will be Washington. Where the money is for him and his players. I can't see the Panthers dropping Fox...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                  Not at all, he played and begun his coaching career in Cleveland.
                  I don't mean if he made the decision to go there, just that idea for Bengals and Ravens fans playing against him for years and years when he was a Steeler then suddenly he's a Brown. Things just wouldn't seem right lol

Comment

If Cowher went to the NFC South that would be crazy. This division keeps getting better and better.

Comment

Originally posted by JBond93 View Post
                      I can't see the Panthers dropping Fox...
                      Maybe they are content with the memory of 2003 to keep them warm come late January/early February.

Comment

He's a good coach, and the team has been up and down mostly due to injuries. I'd stick with him to rebuild again myself...

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

In my opinion I think the redskins will go after Russ Grimm in the offseason. Former Hog who will be brought in to instill toughness. Bill Cowher would be shot on sight if he agreed to coach the Cleveland Browns.

Comment

Are you kidding? The Dawg Pound would welcome Bill Cowher with open arms and bright smiles, man. As stated above, Cowher not only played for the Browns and was a member of Marty Schottenheimer's coaching staff, but he perenially puts a solid team on the field and into the playoffs - a measure of success that the denizens of Cleveland achingly long to get back to. Plus, it's a great stick in the eye of the overblown Steelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                              Are you kidding? The Dawg Pound would welcome Bill Cowher with open arms and bright smiles, man. As stated above, Cowher not only played for the Browns and was a member of Marty Schottenheimer's coaching staff, but he perenially puts a solid team on the field and into the playoffs - a measure of success that the denizens of Cleveland achingly long to get back to. Plus, it's a great stick in the eye of the overblown Steelers.
                              I mean by Steelers fans.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information