Early Reports

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Reports

It may be just my opinion, but I don't think it's ever too soon for wild speculation and baseless guesstimating. Especially when it comes to the results of the NFL Draft.

So as teams wind down with minicamps and OTAs, which rookies on your team have been rumored to be doing well? Really poorly?

For the 49ers, the reports are all very positive on fourth round OLB Jay Moore, and especially on 6th round safety Dashon Goldson. Everyone from Nolan, to fellow defensive players who have been interviewed, to 49ers beat writers have said very positive things about Goldson in particular.

On the negative side, (although he's a free agent, not a draft pick) it seems like the 49ers might be souring on Ashley Lelie already. Lelie has been very slow to come back from a quad strain, and coaches seem to be very frustrated with that and a perhaps less than stellar work ethic.

So what about your team? Is that first round stud living up to expectations early in the summer? Did your GM uncover a late round stud? What's the word on the street?

(And yes, I know how pointless this is-- what can I say? It's a long offseason, and I'm starved for some football news.)

From what I've heard on the Bengals...

Leon Hall has adapted to the playbook well and the staff is impressed with his mental approach to the game.

Kenny Irons can catch better than advertised and he missed a flight to get to mini camp so he rented a car and drove several hours, the staff was impressed with this and he has fit in great with the team.

Marvin White is cocky (which I love) and keeps saying he was the best saftey in the draft. The coaching staff was surprised with how good he was in coverage and he was adjusting well to the playbook... He seems like the biggest find in our draft.

Comment

For GB, from the blogs and reports I've read, it seems like third round pick James Jones has shown tremendous hands and is reminiscent of Favre's first great WR. Too soon to start making that comparison, IMO, but there's some chatter out there. First rounder Harrell hasn't taken the field yet. The other good thing for the team is that almost every player, including Al Harris and Charles Woodson, came in for the OTA's and the defense and offense look much better. The only one who hasn't been there has been Coery Williams, if I'm mistaken. I think he's annoyed they drafted Harrell and doesn't plan on showing pre-TC. The O-line could have some better chemistry as all the o-linemen have spent a large chunk of the off-season with each other, hunting, fishing and working out. Nothing impressive at the TE spot. Much better competition at SS, WR and RB.
      The pain fades and the good memories will remain.

Comment

Eric Wright looks very good and should start.

It's hard to tell with Thomas because its mini camp for lineman, they need pads on.

Quinn has been iffy, but the whole team is learning a new difficult and complex offense.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
          thats what ive been hearing as well, he has stood out tremendously, i think i also heard that the other corner we took, something mcdonald(guy from memphis) has show good coverage skills

Sig by jkpigskin , thanks.

Comment

From what i hear, is the Tim crowder is a Coach Fav. he seems to have it all...and Thomas is VERY TALENTED...moss is also impresive, but Thomas seems to be taking all the star light

Comment

For the Giants, Steve Smith continues to catch just about everything and has so far outshined first round pick Aaron Ross who has mixed reviews.

Coaches seem to be really impressed with TE Kevin Boss. Giants could have some sick red zone weapons if Shockey, Burress, Boss, and Jacobs are all on the field at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                For the Giants, Steve Smith continues to catch just about everything and has so far outshined first round pick Aaron Ross who has mixed reviews.

Coaches seem to be really impressed with TE Kevin Boss. Giants could have some sick red zone weapons if Shockey, Burress, Boss, and Jacobs are all on the field at the same time.
                dont forget about the hetfy lefty for sneaks :D
                We ALL bleed scarlet
                New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post

Ahmad Bradshaw has really turned heads also. Once considered a 3-4 round prospect, dropped to the 7th due to some character concerns. His football ability is outstanding, and he is being called a steal. All he needs to do is keep his head on straight.

Comment

for Patriots:
                    Meriweather: he only did rookie camp, missed passing/mini camp because a hamstring injury(hes fine but we dont wanna risk it). All indications are that he will play a big role. In rookie camp, he showed how good in coverage he is..calling shots, fluid hips. Corner back like in terms of coverage. Only negative was on his first day, he dropped a few balls in a drill but next day he came back and caught everything including 1 handed.

Randy Moss: He was still jumping over people and making tough catches. People say he didnt seem full speed(wether hes hurt or lost speed or w.e)

Welker: Brady called him a: Lab dog. He does what hes told and goes and catches the ball, comes back and ready for next play. He looked good catching and returning...also kicked a FG in practice

Kelly Washington: Dissapointing..hes dropping a lot of balls

Sammy Morris: Media and fans didnt believe he was a legit replacement for Dillon but hes doing well and showing us why BB was high on him

Harrison: Hes healthy..hes the leader and in nickel-dime, he moves to linebacker

Thomas: Hes been mostly playing ILB..moves around sometimes but he looks very athletic

Rashad Baker: Hes suprising. He laid out Randy Moss day 1 i think(no contact but he didnt care ). Hes been a ball hawk and hes physical. Improved chances of staying.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post

It's hard to tell with Thomas because its mini camp for lineman, they need pads on.

Quinn has been iffy, but the whole team is learning a new difficult and complex offense.
                      Eric looks he could start selling the rest of the team ecstasy pills and date raping the cheerleaders at anytime now.
                      Last edited by DeathbyStat; 06-22-2007, 09:36 AM.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                      Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Saints

As you all know Meachem has surgery and came in overweight but after losing it he looks great. Hands are soft and he's catching everything (before the surgery of course).

Usama Young and David Jones look great. Should be our #1 and #2 CB's for the future.

Andy Alleman will push for a starting job. Colston is, well, Colston.

Same reports as last year on Devery Henderson. Catching everything and impressing everyone. It's just when it comes to games..

Deuce looks like he did when he was just drafted. Plus he is almost 100% healed from his knee injury. Pittman is looking like a stud. So is Stecker. RB and WR will be very hard and I wouldn't want to be a coach deciding who makes the team.

Rhema McKnight is looking like Colston last year. Great hands and route running is above average. David Patten is very cocky. Says anything less than starting is unacceptable. I love it. Lance Moore is catching everything and with Beerman getting cut I think his return ability helps him make the team.

Our 7th round pick ILB Marvin Mitchell is looking really good, better in coverage than advertised and should be a starter within 2-3 years.

Saints are looking good. If our DT's can hold up we'll have a top 15 defense.

Comment

you really think Young, Mitchell and Jones will be starters in a few years? Young probably but not the others. Its a minicamp/passing camp..your supposed to be doing well if u belong in NFL

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
                            Ahmad Bradshaw has really turned heads also. Once considered a 3-4 round prospect, dropped to the 7th due to some character concerns. His football ability is outstanding, and he is being called a steal. All he needs to do is keep his head on straight.
                            That's my boyyy

Comment

All indications out of Bills camp is that JP Losman is looking exceptional. Even John Clayton, who notoriously hates the Bills and refuses to give us credit, attended mini camp for a day and called our offense "a winner" and complimented numerous times including, "Losman looked terrific Monday as he hit receivers in stride." He said our team chemistry was "exceptional" and compared our offense to the Greatest Show On Turf (Rams of 99, 00, 01).

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information