Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tank Johnson stopped by police in Arizona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tank Johnson stopped by police in Arizona

    In what is becoming a ritual at Halas Hall, the Bears are gathering information about a police incident involving Tank Johnson that could affect the length of Johnson's eight-game NFL suspension -- if not affect his standing with the team.

    Gilbert, Ariz., Police pulled Johnson over at 3:30 a.m. Friday and cited him for "being impaired to the slightest degree," according to Sgt. Andrew Duncan, a police spokesman. Police initially stopped Johnson for going 40 m.p.h. in a 25 m.p.h. zone when the officer on the scene "made observations that led him to believe Johnson was impaired," according to Duncan.

    Johnson was taken to the Gilbert Police station where blood was drawn to determine his blood-alcohol content. Results of those tests aren't expected for up to two weeks, Duncan said. In Arizona, the legal limit for being under the influence is having a blood-alcohol content of .08.

    Johnson has not been charged with DUI. If Johnson exceeded .08, he could be charged with driving under the influence. If he wasn't past the legal limit, Johnson still faces the charge of "being impaired to the slightest degree," according to Duncan. Gilbert prosecutors might also decide not to file any charges.
    Source: http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....ears-headlines
    Last edited by Sveen; 06-22-2007, 04:29 PM.



    Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

  • #2
    This off season has made the NFL look like they have nothing but a bunch of thugs playing for them which I know it not true but they are really taking PR hit.

    Comment


    • #3
      40 in a 25? Thats nothing... Now if he was swerving or something I understand, but I doubt anyone here can actually say they have never done 40 in a 25.

      Comment


      • #4
        So true Splat420. It's sad to see the stupid actions of a few players overshadow everything else.

        And I don't think it's the speeding that's the problem WinslowBodden. It's the fact that he decided to drive after he had been drinking (if that is what happened). After everything he has been through this off-season he should know better.
        Last edited by Sveen; 06-22-2007, 04:33 PM.



        Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
          40 in a 25? Thats nothing... Now if he was swerving or something I understand, but I doubt anyone here can actually say they have never done 40 in a 25.
          15 over in AZ is a felony...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Sveen View Post
            So true Splat420. It's sad to see the stupid actions of a few players overshadow everything else.

            And I don't think it's the speeding that's the problem WinslowBodden. It's the fact that he decided to drive after he had been drinking (if that is what happened). After everything he has been through this off-season he should know better.
            Yeah I understand that, and if he was drinking hes a moron... I'm just saying I am pretty sure almost anyone has gone 40 in a 25 maybe even thinking it was a 25... It's too fast for a 25, but I am pretty sure almost everyone has done it.

            Comment


            • #7
              If I were Tank Johnson I'd just start driving a tank around instead of a car. That would be badass. Tank in a Tank. Seriously, if it weren't for his contract this could have been avoided completely, he probably drives a ******* '92 Ford E-250 Cargo Van his uncle died in or something with the cash the Bears are giving him.

              Comment


              • #8
                It's quite minor... the only reason it's even a story is because, he pretty much just squashed any chance of having his suspension reduced to six games. Funny how these guys never learn though...

                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                  This off season has made the NFL look like they have nothing but a bunch of thugs playing for them which I know it not true but they are really taking PR hit.
                  That is the media. How many single players have been suspended?

                  Even if 50 players different have been arrested in the past year, that is still only 3% of the entire league.

                  Lets get one thing straight about football players that the media is completely overlooking. They are human, and there is crime everywhere, not just NFL players.

                  For every player that is troublesome there are 10 other stars that don't and represent the league great.

                  I seriously doubt there has been a rise at all in the crime rate for the NFL.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                    How many single players have been suspended?
                    That I know of for this season.

                    Jared Allen
                    Tank Johnson
                    Chris Henry
                    Pacman Jones

                    I'm not sure if that is all?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Antonio Bryant first 2 games.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Space Ghost View Post
                        If I were Tank Johnson I'd just start driving a tank around instead of a car. That would be badass. Tank in a Tank. Seriously, if it weren't for his contract this could have been avoided completely, he probably drives a ******* '92 Ford E-250 Cargo Van his uncle died in or something with the cash the Bears are giving him.
                        Who gives a **** what he drives? Athletes are overpaid anyway IMO.


                        Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                        Originally posted by JBCX
                        Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          If he is under .08 this is a complete no story. It sounds like they are expecting him to be under a .08 and to not even get charged with a DUI. It's funny how everyone jumps on them before any facts are out. If he gets higher than a .08 I recant my statement, but if he is at a .04 that is only a few beers over the course of a night.

                          I bet the NFL doesn't have a higher percentage of DUI's than the normal population.
                          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                          Hunter S. Thompson

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                            If he is under .08 this is a complete no story. It sounds like they are expecting him to be under a .08 and to not even get charged with a DUI. It's funny how everyone jumps on them before any facts are out. If he gets higher than a .08 I recant my statement, but if he is at a .04 that is only a few beers over the course of a night.

                            I bet the NFL doesn't have a higher percentage of DUI's than the normal population.
                            Going over 15mph the speed limit in Arizona is a felony though, and he's already on probation. He's done in Chicago.


                            Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

                            Originally posted by JBCX
                            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by sweetness34 View Post
                              Going over 15mph the speed limit in Arizona is a felony though, and he's already on probation. He's done in Chicago.
                              They will plead it down, I would venture a guess that very few people get charged with a felony for going 15 over. He will end up getting a normal traffic violation and the impaired to the slightest degree(or whatever that is called) charge.
                              I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                              Hunter S. Thompson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information