No announcement yet.

Tank Johnson stopped by police in Arizona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On Monday I learned that if you drank 12 beers in 2 hours at 10 PM you wouldn't have a BAC of 0.00 until 8 PM the following day. You'd technically be over the limit when you woke up to go to work the next day

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
      On Monday I learned that if you drank 12 beers in 2 hours at 10 PM you wouldn't have a BAC of 0.00 until 8 PM the following day. You'd technically be over the limit when you woke up to go to work the next day

This might be true for you, but weight matters.

Who cares if he was under the legal limit after getting a blood test that was probably a good 30 minutes after he was driving atleast. He barely got under. He'll get off on a technicality. Not only this, but we was pulled over at 15 over and gave some hint to being impaired. Despite what you may think, police don't breathalize every single person.

Oh and because other people have done it, its now ok? You're the only one being naive here.

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post

Who cares if he was under the legal limit after getting a blood test that was probably a good 30 minutes after he was driving atleast. He barely got under. He'll get off on a technicality. Not only this, but we was pulled over at 15 over and gave some hint to being impaired. Despite what you may think, police don't breathalize every single person.
        That was for a 185 lb person. i forgot theres a lot of fat people here in the forum

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post

That is where he was pulled over, in dowtown gilbert on a narrow street that you really need to do 25 at, not 40! on top of that, on the other side of that picture is a YMCA, which behind that is Gilbert Elementary. further south and you have Gilbert High School. The speed limit was set to 25 because it's a high pedestrian area at all times day or night, being slightly impaired and driving 15 over, which is felony, is going to get you pulled over. On top of that, refusing a field sobriety test and pushing things further out by about 2 hours, he barely was under the legal limit, had he tested on site he would have been over. Don't downplay the scenario unless you have all the facts and then go, "well i bet you've done it" not even once, I don't drink unless someone can drive, if they can't i call a cab, even if it's only a couple. az is crazy about dui enforcement, not worth the risk.
          It is easy to lie when there is no way to be proven wrong isn't it?

It was 3:30 in the ******* morning, it doesn't matter if an Elementary school or a YMCA was right there.

Hell, in Texas, residential areas are 35 miles an hour. 40 mph is a respectable speed in an area like that, it was still illegal, but it isn't like he was going 60 through downtown.

Not only that, but I never once said he shouldn't have been taken in. I am saying that being cut is much to strict considering he wasn't DUI, you are the one jumping to conclusions about how impaired he was. All we have to go by is the .072 that he got, which is completely legal.

I will refuse a field sobriety test if I am completely stone cold sober, they are designed to make you fail. I will take the breathilyzer, but not the saying the alphabet backwards, standing on one leg while touching your nose, etc.
          Last edited by someone447; 07-04-2007, 02:24 PM.
          I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Damix View Post

Oh and because other people have done it, its now ok? You're the only one being naive here.
            It is completely ok to drive while under the .08 limit. He was almost .01 under the legal limit, he is a very big guy. You are jumping to conclusions by saying that he was driving intoxicated.

Like I originally said, I doubt that very many people get charged with a felony for going 15 over. It is much more likely to get pled down to a normal traffic ticket and Tank will get a fine, exactly what he deserves.

It is about hypocrisy. People who have done the exact thing he did but who have not gotten caught are now crucifying him.
            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_alcohol_content

scroll down a little bit and look at the effects at different levels.

.06-.10

Impairment includes: reflexes, reasoning, depth perception, distance acuity, peripheral vision and glare recovery.

Last time I checked you needed everything shown to be impaired at that level to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.

by the way your 12 beers and hitting BAC 0.0 the next day at 8pm is BS, you subtract .01% every forty minutes. it would have only taken tank 1 hour and 20 minutes to slide within legal limits, which with the time it takes to get to the station and wait on the judge for a warrant, it is reasonable to believe that he was above legal limit at the time of stoppage.

Comment

.06-.10

Impairment includes: reflexes, reasoning, depth perception, distance acuity, peripheral vision and glare recovery.

Last time I checked you needed everything shown to be impaired at that level to properly and safely operate a motor vehicle.

by the way your 12 beers and hitting BAC 0.0 the next day at 8pm is BS, you subtract .01% every forty minutes. it would have only taken tank 1 hour and 20 minutes to slide within legal limits, which with the time it takes to get to the station and wait on the judge for a warrant, it is reasonable to believe that he was above legal limit at the time of stoppage.
                Um for a 185 lb person, 12 beers in 2 hours puts you at around .28

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                  It is easy to lie when there is no way to be proven wrong isn't it?

It was 3:30 in the ******* morning, it doesn't matter if an Elementary school or a YMCA was right there.

Hell, in Texas, residential areas are 35 miles an hour. 40 mph is a respectable speed in an area like that, it was still illegal, but it isn't like he was going 60 through downtown.

Not only that, but I never once said he shouldn't have been taken in. I am saying that being cut is much to strict considering he wasn't DUI, you are the one jumping to conclusions about how impaired he was. All we have to go by is the .072 that he got, which is completely legal.

I will refuse a field sobriety test if I am completely stone cold sober, they are designed to make you fail. I will take the breathilyzer, but not the saying the alphabet backwards, standing on one leg while touching your nose, etc.
                  easy to lie? how? look up historic downtown gilbert az and you'll find these same pics. not that hard. also look up gilbert elementary and gilbert high schoola and you'll find that everything i've said and you've seen is at or near the gilbert rd and elliot rd intersection in gilbert az. as far as the field sobriety test being designed to make you fail that is utter cynical garbage. yeah following a light with your eyes or walking a straight line are way to hard for a human being, those animals. OMG what if they ask you to say the alphabet backwards? you're totally SOL on that huh? if you're sober you'll pass with ease, see how friendly the cops get when you refuse buddy, i'm sure your plea down will be laughed at as your ass gets nailed to the full extent of the law.

Comment

easy to lie? how? look up historic downtown gilbert az and you'll find these same pics. not that hard. also look up gilbert elementary and gilbert high schoola and you'll find that everything i've said and you've seen is at or near the gilbert rd and elliot rd intersection in gilbert az. as far as the field sobriety test being designed to make you fail that is utter cynical garbage. yeah following a light with your eyes or walking a straight line are way to hard for a human being, those animals. OMG what if they ask you to say the alphabet backwards? you're totally SOL on that huh? if you're sober you'll pass with ease, see how friendly the cops get when you refuse buddy, i'm sure your plea down will be laughed at as your ass gets nailed to the full extent of the law.
                    i have failed numerous sobriety tests while completely sober

Comment

Um for a 185 lb person, 12 beers in 2 hours puts you at around .28
                      yeah if you're that small then yes it would take 18 hours to hit 0.00.

Comment

i have failed numerous sobriety tests while completely sober
                        are you super as in mentally challenged super then?

Comment

.06-.10

Regardless, the amount of alcohol in his system was completely legal. Like I said, have you ever operated a vehicle while talking on the phone? Mythbusters did something on it showing that talking on a cell phone while driving was as dangerous, if not more than drunk driving.(yes, I know mythbusters isn't the most reputable source, but than again, neither is wikipedia. If I find the study I had read, I will post it)
                          Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

are you super as in mentally challenged super then?
                            No but at 1 AM it's hard to say the alphabet backwards with a flashlight shined directly in your face. or stand on one leg while wearing sandals on a wet grassy slope

Comment

Originally posted by someone447 View Post
                              Regardless, the amount of alcohol in his system was completely legal. Like I said, have you ever operated a vehicle while talking on the phone? Mythbusters did something on it showing that talking on a cell phone while driving was as dangerous, if not more than drunk driving.(yes, I know mythbusters isn't the most reputable source, but than again, neither is wikipedia. If I find the study I had read, I will post it)
                              I actually don't talk on the phone while driving because people who do piss me off and I don't want to be a damn hypocrit, and yes wikipedia is not the most relaible source, but I've seen that chart before in the D.A.R.E classes they made us take in the 10th grade.

Comment

I'll be honest, I probably drive "drunk" at least 3 times a month and nothing ever happens

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information