Tank Johnson stopped by police in Arizona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
    yes yes i could... i've slowed down a bit in the last year, but from age 15-20 i drank every single day, at least 8 beers and a minimum of 10 shots, not including any beer bongs, beer pong or keg stands. my liver is ****, that is why along with having a child i slowed down. i'm also a pretty big guy, 239 is quite a bit of weight, although mostly muscle, i'm still "overweight" at 6'4'' so yeah i could have 8 drinks and be at the legal limit, especially if i were drinking bud light.

Charts don't take tolerance into account my friend, it makes a huge difference.
    I agree charts like that are blurry, but your tolerance doesn't really matter. BAC is not a barometer of how well you handle your alcohol, it's merely a measurement of how much alcohol is present in your blood at a given time.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
      How do you know he's only spending an hour at the restaurant? I seriously doubt that many people are going to consume a drink every 7 and a half minutes. Especially over dinner.
      The guy I responded to had said over dinner, which is what i was rebuttling. And even given two hours, I don't know, so I'm not speaking 100% fact obviously, but I'd assume being almost double the legal limit, doesnt change over an hour. Not many people spend more then an hour and half at a restaraunt, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JK17 View Post
        Your tolerance has nothing to do with your BAC. You may be able to handle all that beer/liquor, but your BAC is still screwed. It's just that you are able to deal with it better. Cokeheads, Alcoholics, their bodies all suffer the same from the alcohol/drugs, its just that they need more of it to get buzzed/high....

Legally, you'd be screwed if you had 8 drinks at dinner and then hit the road.
        well i'd never hit the road, but i do spend more than an hour at dinner, and my BAC wouldn't be the same because my body proccesses alcohol much differently than a person who's never had a drop. i can feel the alcohol pouring out of my skin rapidly probably more so than a regular person.

Comment

The guy I responded to had said over dinner, which is what i was rebuttling. And even given two hours, I don't know, so I'm not speaking 100% fact obviously, but I'd assume being almost double the legal limit, doesnt change over an hour. Not many people spend more then an hour and half at a restaraunt, anyway.
          Right, but I think spending an hour and a half at a restaurant is more common than having a drink every 7.5 minutes for an hour straight, in a restaurant, and then immediately walking to your car to leave.

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
            well i'd never hit the road, but i do spend more than an hour at dinner, and my BAC wouldn't be the same because my body proccesses alcohol much differently than a person who's never had a drop. i can feel the alcohol pouring out of my skin rapidly probably more so than a regular person.
            No, your BAC doesnt change no matter how fast/slow/differently your body processes alcohol. I really doubt you can feel the alcohol "pouring out of your skin more rapidly", also.

I wasn't saying you'd hit the road either, just that you would be above your limit.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/bac.htm

A 239 pound male, consuming 96 fluid ounces (8 beers) of approximately 4% alcohol over 1.5 hours blows a .098. Over 2 hours blows a .9. Over 2.5 Hours blows a .083. These aren't exact measurements, but it gives you a pretty good sense, your not under .08 if you've had 8 drinks over dinner. Although I'm actually a little suprised I thought it would be more over .08 then that....

Comment

Right, but I think spending an hour and a half at a restaurant is more common than having a drink every 7.5 minutes for an hour straight, in a restaurant, and then immediately walking to your car to leave.
              True, yes, and I'm not saying I don't think there are people who can drive with a .08, or even worse then that (Although I think its dumb), but going by both the chart, and conversion system I showed in my previous post, your still above the limit after 8 drinks, whether its an hour or two and a half hours.

Comment

No, your BAC doesnt change no matter how fast/slow/differently your body processes alcohol. I really doubt you can feel the alcohol "pouring out of your skin more rapidly", also.

I wasn't saying you'd hit the road either, just that you would be above your limit.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/bac.htm

A 239 pound male, consuming 96 fluid ounces (8 beers) of approximately 4% alcohol over 1.5 hours blows a .098. Over 2 hours blows a .9. Over 2.5 Hours blows a .083. These aren't exact measurements, but it gives you a pretty good sense, your not under .08 if you've had 8 drinks over dinner. Although I'm actually a little suprised I thought it would be more over .08 then that....
                well close enough, not that far over... anyways, seriously, i get extremely flush and clammy when i drink, my body hates alcohol at this point.

Comment

True, yes, and I'm not saying I don't think there are people who can drive with a .08, or even worse then that (Although I think its dumb), but going by both the chart, and conversion system I showed in my previous post, your still above the limit after 8 drinks, whether its an hour or two and a half hours.
                  Yes, I agree. More than likely, if a 240 lb man consumes 8 drinks over dinner, he will be above the legal limit. But, we wouldn't know until he actually did it. The varying levels of alcohol in different drinks pretty much render those charts useless. Many times, especially at a bar or restaurant, the consumer doesn't know the exact alcoholic content of their drink. And even if they did, that chart wouldn't really help them unless they broke out a calculator. But yeah, I agree that more than likely, subnizzle would be over .08 if he consumed 8 drinks over dinner.

Comment

Yes, I agree. More than likely, if a 240 lb man consumes 8 drinks over dinner, he will be above the legal limit. But, we wouldn't know until he actually did it. The varying levels of alcohol in different drinks pretty much render those charts useless. Many times, especially at a bar or restaurant, the consumer doesn't know the exact alcoholic content of their drink. And even if they did, that chart wouldn't really help them unless they broke out a calculator. But yeah, I agree that more than likely, subnizzle would be over .08 if he consumed 8 drinks over dinner.
                    Can't really disagree with that, I didn't mean to imply that charts or calculators are exactly 100% reliable in any situation regarding drinking. While tolerance doesn't play a part, many other things regarding drinking do, so there is no concrete formula.

Comment

• Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                      speaking of 8 drinks over dinner, anything to recommend, drink wise, for my dinner tonight. I'm going to a place called BJ's Brewery, they have in house brews, but anything that you think i should get that wouldn't be their own?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                        speaking of 8 drinks over dinner, anything to recommend, drink wise, for my dinner tonight. I'm going to a place called BJ's Brewery, they have in house brews, but anything that you think i should get that wouldn't be their own?
                        Oddly enough, I've never been to BJ's. I checked their website, and the one that really caught my eye was the Whiskey Barrel Stout, but they say it's only available in Oregon. You're in Arizona right? Wait, I can only find their in-house brews. I can't recommend something I haven't tried, but do you know what else they offer?

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information