Break out 2nd year players.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moses View Post
    I've actually heard that he doesn't respond to coaching well. He seems like a less talented version of LaVar Arrington to me.
    That was somewhat a fact last year. They said he didn't put enough time in film and he wasn't activated the later part of the season. Ahmad, coaches and fellow players have come out and said this year that he wasn't commited enough last year and that he has changed this year. He is calling the plays, knows where he's supposed to be and watched a ton of film. Here's a good quote to give evidence to the sort of change and why I think he'll bust out big this year:

His lack of attentiveness in the classroom irked the defensive coaches and his less than committed approach to special teams took him off position coach Darrin Simmons depth chart. All that combined to bench him late last season, but that changed when Brooks sat down with defensive coordinator Chuck Bresnahan upon his return this past March in the wake of the release of veteran linebacker Brian Simmons.

I have to add that extra time that Carson (Palmer) and pretty much all of our leaders on this team (are) doing and showing my teammates thats what Im about, Brooks said earlier this week. Ive got my head on straight. I see what the NFL is all about."

I want to show them Im a leader, that Im willing to do whatever it takes to step in Brians shoes and be a leader and take control of the defense, Brooks said. Ive got to know what Im doing on my assignments so that I can play fast.
    Coaches rode him hard last year and apparently he's pleasing them thus far this offseason. Ok, that ends my homer rant.

Comment

also, i dont think he's a LESS talented LaVar Arrington.

^A Bonekrusher production^
      Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
        That was somewhat a fact last year. They said he didn't put enough time in film and he wasn't activated the later part of the season. Ahmad, coaches and fellow players have come out and said this year that he wasn't commited enough last year and that he has changed this year. He is calling the plays, knows where he's supposed to be and watched a ton of film. Here's a good quote to give evidence to the sort of change and why I think he'll bust out big this year:

Coaches rode him hard last year and apparently he's pleasing them thus far this offseason. Ok, that ends my homer rant.

i think ahmad is hella good. he might help that d become somethin good pretty soon. could be the guy they build around

Comment

Originally posted by BrentN View Post

Vernon... not AJ
          50 bucks says Vernon probably broke the tackle.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I'll go out on a limb and say Ray Edwards.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by themaninblack View Post
              also, i dont think he's a LESS talented LaVar Arrington.
              Arrington was drafted #2 overall. He was what Ahmad Brooks was supposed to be coming out of college.

Comment

Vernon Davis..

I'll go out on a limb and say Vince Young. Why? Because I can!

Comment

Brandon marshall could be huge this year
                  Demetrius Williams wll be given his chances
                  Bernard Pollard will step up as a starter

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

I really hope Antonio Cromartie beats out Drayton Florence. Florence is a great corner but has hands of stooooooone. It's comical. He had like 9 easy dropped balls on the season. He honestly had 4 bounce off his hands in the home game against Denver alone, and they all made it onto NFL replay.

Of the 3 he actually got his hands on, 2 were on 4th down when the game was pretty much over. Obviously the secondary coaches in SD are not up on the "4th down, knock it down" mantra. See McCree, Marlon.

Since Flo won't be back for 2008, I say you might as well give Cromartie a shot and let him develop.

Comment

• Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                      With a year of adjustment under his belt, this is the year Reggie sets the league on fire. No homer.
                      Agreed, sir.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Moses View Post
                        Arrington was drafted #2 overall. He was what Ahmad Brooks was supposed to be coming out of college.
                        You forget though, Ahmad Brooks could still be the best linebacker in the game in a few years. He's had some bad time the last few months, but the potential and ability he showed at Georgia that Al Groh gushed over is still there.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                          You forget though, Ahmad Brooks could still be the best linebacker in the game in a few years. He's had some bad time the last few months, but the potential and ability he showed at Georgia that Al Groh gushed over is still there.
                          he played at virginia bro

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information