Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFC Championship Game: Saints vs Bears

Let's get this topic started.

Well this was the matchup that most wanted to see, so hopefully it'll live up to the hype.

The way I saw it this weekend was the Saints and Bears are very close to each other. Both have offenses that can put up points, both have very questionable pass defenses, and both teams didn't show up against the run very well.

And both have game breaking PR's in Bush and Hester. Kicking game for both teams are good as well.

I'm going to take the Bears for obvious reasons but I can't wait for this game. The NFC playoffs have been very good so far so hopefully it lives up to the hype this Sunday. Good luck to both teams (my classy side).....And screw the Saints (my Bears side).

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

bears in like a really really close one

Lionsmack

Originally posted by elway777
    They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
    The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.

Comment

After seeing Shaun Alexander get some stupid good runs off on that defense, I think the combo of Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister might be too much for them to handle. I give the WR edge to NO, and I honestly think they might be a good match for that secondary. I think the game will come down to how consistent Grossman is. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks, and that line steps it up a little, I see the Bears winning. However, I don't see that happening, giving the V to NO.
      Originally posted by Patriots-Lions
      Dave is right
      Originally posted by duckseason
      Brady is 'just' the Queen on Belichick's chess board.

Comment

i think the saints offense is too good for the bears. i see the saints winning this one 28 17

sig by CalBears99
        Originally posted by yodachu
        I HAVE ISSUES! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Dave
          After seeing Shaun Alexander get some stupid good runs off on that defense, I think the combo of Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister might be too much for them to handle. I give the WR edge to NO, and I honestly think they might be a good match for that secondary. I think the game will come down to how consistent Grossman is. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks, and that line steps it up a little, I see the Bears winning. However, I don't see that happening, giving the V to NO.
          With how Westbrook ran over the Saints on Saturday, I think we can do some damage as well. Man it's a close matchup. :shock:

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

The Saints' offense is excellent, the Bears' defense is very good.

The Saints' defense is alright, the Bears' offense is decent.

I'll go with the Saints, although I wouldn't be so sure if the Bears still had Thomas Harris.

Comment

I really like the Saints here. I was one of the few who thought Seattle would win this game today, and they were close. I also said before that I thought the winner of Philly/New Orleans would make the Super Bowl so I'm sticking to that.

New Orleans vs. Pats in the Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by ny10804
                The Saints' offense is excellent, the Bears' defense is very good.

The Saints' defense is alright, the Bears' offense is decent.

I'll go with the Saints, although I wouldn't be so sure if the Bears still had Thomas Harris.
                Eh, you gotta play with the guys you have. I'd be much more comfortable with the likes of Harris and Brown on defense, but you gotta play with the hand your dealt.

We won games without both of them, so you just gotta play.

Comment

Early weather report for Sunday is high of 34, low of 26, no precip.

Comment

Originally posted by JCshutEmDown
                    Early weather report for Sunday is high of 34, low of 26, no precip.
                    Good football weather! :D

Comment

Saints - something bout Brees you gotta love

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me

Comment

Bears. Saints don't really impress me at all. If the Saints make the SB, IMO they'll get spanked. They lost to two on playoff AFC teams, and the only AFC team they beat was Cleveland. I question hw tough they are, since they haven't really pounded the ball on a good run D, and can't stop the run well themselves.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

My pre-playoffs pick was Saints Chargers and im not one to flip flop. But I had the Hawks beating the Bears and I liked the Hawks matchup with the Saints much more than the Bears. If The Bears can slow down the running game and stop the big play I think they'll win. Unfortunately for Chicago, I dont see this happening.

Saints- 23
                          Bears- 14

Comment

Wow, I thought the voting would be much closer than it is right now.

Comment

"the Saints don't get respect"

:roll:

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information