Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol
    Originally posted by sweetness34
    Ok SDP, I love you as a poster, but come on now....

Our ST's are the best in the league, period. We have 3 PRO BOWLERS on our ST's in Gould, Hester, and Ayenbadejo; I don't think any other NFL team can say that.
    We have one of the best special teams players in the league in Ayenbadejo. We have the most accurate field goal kicker this year in the league in Gould. And we have the most electrifying and the best returner in Hester this season. Our ST's are better than yours on paper, and I don't even think it's debatable. Maybe you have us in Kickoff and Punt coverage but come on now SDP.
    I think the only reason that you like me as a poster is because of my avatar. Be honest. :razz:

I'll admit that you do have three Pro Bowl players but I'm not so sure that Robbie Gould is the best field goal kicker in the league. Like I said, if the Saints can kick around Hester, it takes away your special team advantage.

Coaching? Payton has had one good year. Lovie has improved every season he's been a coach and has brought a 5-11 team 2 years ago to first round byes in the playoffs two straight years. And even though I don't like Ron Turner at times, the combo of Rivera and Turner makes for one of the better duos in the NFC. I'm not saying Payton won't be a better coach in the future, but he's not right now.
    As you said, Sean Payton has only had one good year. That's because he's only had one year to coach. And it that one year, he's turned around a 3-13 team to a team that's one win away from the Super Bowl. And if you're going to throw in assistant coaches, I do agree that Ron Rivera is a great assistant, but I still stand by my opinion. You've got yours, and I've got mine.

And intangibles? I have to agree with HD here and I'll just cosign him on that.
    And c'mon, even with home-field advantage, the Saints have got the edge with all the hurricane/Cinderella story going for them. The Saints have most of the rest of the country cheering for them. I know you didn't want to hear it, but it's the truth.

Just my thoughts.
    And I appreciate that we can disagree in a civil manner. Unlike some of the other fans on this forum, we can be adults about this.

I think you'll agree, whatever happens on Sunday, it will be a very close game.
    I believe Jim Mora Jr. led the Falcons to the NFC Championship in his first season, could be mistaken, but he was crowned as one of the best young coaches in the league. Flash forward 3 years and he's out of a job.

Let's wait until Payton proves himself as a coach for 2-3 years before you say he's better than a guy who has also led a losing franchise during the 1990's and 2000's (minus a couple years) to the playoffs two straight seasons, both being first round byes. Our OC's and HC have been seasoned in the NFL for 2-3 years, which is why I am saying that they are the better coaching staff.

And please stop with the Hurricane Katrina stuff, I realize that the city of New Orleans went through hell during that period of time, but that was about a year and a half ago, and HD has already said the things I was going to say about the situation anyway. Seriously though, not trying to be an ass here, but enough is enough about it. That's all I've heard ESPN talk about this week, Katrina this and Katrina that, America's team this America's team that, team of destiny and emotions this and team of destiny and emotions that; everyone's pulling for the Saints to win. We've taken a back seat in the coverage of this game and it's very frustrating to see. It's almost like we don't even matter in this game, which is sad to see because we have been the most consistent team in the NFC all eyar long.

And also realize that you aren't the only team playing on high emotions this Sunday. The Saints may be playing for their city, but the Bears are also playing for a city that hasn't seen this game for about 20 years. And they'll also be playing for a fired up home crowd.

And about Special Teams; we're talking on paper correct? If so, Gould is a better kicker than Carney, who did kick indoors for about 10 games this season mind you, and yet Gould who played in one of the windiest cities in the United States had the highest field goal accuracy percentage of any other kicker in the NFL. Hester ON PAPER is the best return man in the league, no debate about it. Our ST tackling wasn't too good last week but all season that's an area where we excelled. Punting; Maynard is one of the most underrated punters in the league. Not knocking Weatherford here but Brad is usually very consistent each week in tagging great punts and helping us win the field position battle. And add one of the best ST players in Ayenbadejo into the mix and I have to say we have the edge in this area, not a knock on the Saints' ST's, but just saying how good our ST's are when they show up.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
    Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Saints win! period

By jkpigskin

Comment

• Originally posted by Titansfan #53
        Saints win! period
        Lots of insight and reasoning right there. Surprised I hadn't thought of it like that before. One of the few American geniuses of our time.

sig by VLS
        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
        I don't care...

Comment

• sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/talent

Well, looks like this board isn't the only lopsided prediction.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• It'd be asinine to think things like this won't go unnoticed inside the Bears locker-room. The Bears play best when they have something to prove, and this manlove for the Saints everywhere is ridicolous, add fuel to the fire. The Bears need to come out and make a statement on Sunday. The George Halas trophy comes home on Sunday, and it stays there.

sig by VLS
            I don't care...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
              It'd be asinine to think things like this won't go unnoticed inside the Bears locker-room. The Bears play best when they have something to prove, and this manlove for the Saints everywhere is ridicolous, add fuel to the fire. The Bears need to come out and make a statement on Sunday. The George Halas trophy comes home on Sunday, and it stays there.
              Oh I agree. Here's your shot to win the George Halas trophy IN SOLDIER FIELD, now go out and just lay the wood for 60 minutes. Just battle and battle and battle, and don't let up. Let them know that this is our house, and the SB comes through Chicago.

Hell, if they took a poll across the US, I can guarantee the Saints would get about 65-70% of the vote. Which is fine, I could really care less right now but it is pretty shocking to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
                Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
                It'd be asinine to think things like this won't go unnoticed inside the Bears locker-room. The Bears play best when they have something to prove, and this manlove for the Saints everywhere is ridicolous, add fuel to the fire. The Bears need to come out and make a statement on Sunday. The George Halas trophy comes home on Sunday, and it stays there.
                Oh I agree. Here's your shot to win the George Halas trophy IN SOLDIER FIELD, now go out and just lay the wood for 60 minutes. Just battle and battle and battle, and don't let up. Let them know that this is our house, and the SB comes through Chicago.

Hell, if they took a poll across the US, I can guarantee the Saints would get about 65-70% of the vote. Which is fine, I could really care less right now but it is pretty shocking to see.
                Funny, I heard that the George Stanley Halas trophy is going to visit New Orleans... at least, that's what I heard. :razz: :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol
                  Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka

That'd be quite difficult considering he's been dead for 24 years.

Funny, I heard that the George Stanley Halas trophy is going to visit New Orleans... at least, that's what I heard. :razz: :D

sig by VLS
                  I don't care...

Comment

• Even though I am a huge Gator fan I say Grossman will be horrible and the Saints will pull it out.

Comment

• No indoor team has ever won an outdoor Championship Game. With 2 inches of snow, in the twenties, I am going with the Bears.

Comment

• Originally posted by Star Wideout
                        Lmao all the dimwits at ESPN picked the Saints except Accuscore. :shock:

guess the forgot the facts:
                        *No dome team has ever won a conference championship game outdoors.
                        *No 3-13 team has ever made the Super Bowl the following season.
                        *The Saints have never gone to the Super Bowl.

all those facts will remain true after Sunday.
                        There is always a first time for everything.

Saints 38
                        Bears 24

Comment

• Weather forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of snow before the game, flurries during it, and a wind chill of 8-10 degrees.

Comment

• Originally posted by Star Wideout
                            Weather forecast is calling for 1-2 inches of snow before the game, flurries during it, and a wind chill of 8-10 degrees.
                            Eh, the team who executes and comes to play will win this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by slaym
                              Originally posted by Star Wideout
                              Lmao all the dimwits at ESPN picked the Saints except Accuscore. :shock:

guess the forgot the facts:
                              *No dome team has ever won a conference championship game outdoors.
                              *No 3-13 team has ever made the Super Bowl the following season.
                              *The Saints have never gone to the Super Bowl.

all those facts will remain true after Sunday.
                              There is always a first time for everything.

Saints 38
                              Bears 24
                              The Saints offense is really good..but 38 points is a hell of a lot of points.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
                                No indoor team has ever won an outdoor Championship Game. With 2 inches of snow, in the twenties, I am going with the Bears.
                                hmmm..

the top O vs top D in the champ game is 7-3...favoring the O.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information