Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sweetness34
    Originally posted by Dave
    After seeing Shaun Alexander get some stupid good runs off on that defense, I think the combo of Reggie Bush/Deuce McAllister might be too much for them to handle. I give the WR edge to NO, and I honestly think they might be a good match for that secondary. I think the game will come down to how consistent Grossman is. If he plays like he did against the Seahawks, and that line steps it up a little, I see the Bears winning. However, I don't see that happening, giving the V to NO.
    With how Westbrook ran over the Saints on Saturday, I think we can do some damage as well. Man it's a close matchup. :shock:
    Westbrook had an awesome 62 yard touchdown.

And, that's about it.
    The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu
      I'm actually not sold that we need good Rex to win. We can't have bad Rex, that's for sure. But I think the key for us to win is in the trenches, and in particular, the edges of the trenches. FOr the Bears to win, they must hurry Brees, and Tait/Miller will have to, along with the TE's and RB's, slow down Will Smith/Charles Grant.

I do think that a real good running effort (120+ yards), plus a decent, but mistake free, Rex could lead us to victory. SHould be interesting.
      I completely agree that the key to victory lies in the trenches. That's going to be the most interesting matchup during the game.

When the Saints have the ball it's going to be:
      Strong Side Jammal Brown vs. Alex Brown/Mark Anderson and Weak Side Jon Stinchcomb vs. Adewale Ogunleye.
      When the Bears have the ball it's going to be:
      Strong Side Jeff Tait vs. Will Smith and Weak Side Fred MIller vs. Charles Grant.

If the Bears offensive line can give Grossman time to make his reads and to allow for the receivers to get separation then I feel he can tear the Saints secondary apart. Our secondary is very suseptible to the big play. Mushin Mohammed vs. Fred Thomas is going to be very interesting. I would think that Moose or Berrian, whoever lines up against Thomas is going to have a big game because he's our worst corner, and is someone who I consider to be one of the worst starting CB's in the league.

On the opposite side of the coin, when the Saints have the ball and if they allow Brees time to throw then I believe Brees can definately hit the big play, especially deep. I think a key component to a Saints win is if Joe Horn plays. I don't know what his status is for the game, if he's going to tough it out or not, but I'd much rather have a Horn/Colston WR set than a Colston/Henderson set. But if it's how it was last game with Colston/Henderson then a key matchup is going to be Colston vs. Tillman. Both are big, Colston 6'4" and Tillman 6'1", and both are very good.

These teams are very evenly matched and it's a hard game to call. I have to go with my Saints but I have a feeling that I'm going to be screaming at the television for 60 minutes.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
      WHO DAT!

Comment

As a Bears fan, I wanna say Bears. I am a pessimist sometimes though, and think that the Saints have to much fire power for the recent Bears defense to handle. Duece and Bush> SA. Brees>>>Hasselback. Colston Horn>>Djack Branch. Offensivly we will need to just down right own the Saints.

Originally posted by BeansDooma
        who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?

Comment

Originally posted by Star Wideout
          Originally posted by Ewing
          Let me clear something up. If you are rooting against the Saints you don't have a soul. It's that simple.
          Wtf? people can root for whoever they want it's a football game.

Look I am one of the biggest Bears haters out there, and I am stunned at how many people are picking the Saints. The Bears are a 14-3 team, and people act like they are some 7-9 team that managed to stumble into the playoffs.
          Blame the media. They slober over the Quarterback position way too much.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Let me clear something up. If you are rooting against the Saints you don't have a soul. It's that simple.
            Go to hell man. What did the Saints do for the city of New Orleans? They got the hell outta there, and half of them wanted to move to San Antonio. Are Reggie Bush and Sean Payton so mentally and physically impressive that they can rebuild a hurricane ravaged city by themselves? What are the Saints doing for the tons of people who still don't have homes? Payton stole coach of the year from Mangini, but their luck runs out on Sunday.

sig by VLS
            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
            I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
              Go to hell man. What did the Saints do for the city of New Orleans? They got the hell outta there, and half of them wanted to move to San Antonio. Are Reggie Bush and Sean Payton so mentally and physically impressive that they can rebuild a hurricane ravaged city by themselves? What are the Saints doing for the tons of people who still don't have homes? Payton stole coach of the year from Mangini, but their luck runs out on Sunday.
              Exactly, again I'm sick and tired of hearing about Katrina and "America's Team."

I heard Jim Grey say, "Everyone not a Bear fan should be pulling for the Saints on Sunday."

Why? Because their city had a catastrophe in which our own governement didn't help out when it happened? Please, you know Chicago is playing for a city as well, the city of Chicago. They're playing for fans as well. People are acting like this team and these players are the saviors of New Orleans.

I'm just fed up with the destiny crap. It's a heartwarming story, it really is, but enough is enough. And as a Bear fan who has to listen to it every goddamn day, it really frustrates me.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
              Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Exactly, again I'm sick and tired of hearing about Katrina and "America's Team."

I heard Jim Grey say, "Everyone not a Bear fan should be pulling for the Saints on Sunday."

Why? Because their city had a catastrophe in which our own governement didn't help out when it happened? Please, you know Chicago is playing for a city as well, the city of Chicago. They're playing for fans as well. People are acting like this team and these players are the saviors of New Orleans.

I'm just fed up with the destiny crap. It's a heartwarming story, it really is, but enough is enough. And as a Bear fan who has to listen to it every goddamn day, it really frustrates me.
                I hope you will be able to beat the Saints. I don't want to hear this crap during the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.

Comment

Bears D will come back and slow the Saints offense. Grossman has a pretty good game.

Bears 23
                  Saints 13

BoneKrusher

Comment

The Saints have a very young team, that could hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver

I hope you will be able to beat the Saints. I don't want to hear this crap during the gap between the Championship games and the Super Bowl.
                      I really support and admire the Saints organization. They've been through tough times this past decade on the field and it's great to see two bottom dwellers of the 1990's in the NFC Championship Game. And I also support their fans a lot. Especially on this board. Guys like Geo, diabsoule, flyboy, and Saints#1 fan are the epitamy of class, and as much as our fans deserve to go to the SB, they deserve the exact same thing.

But please, keep this about football. Chicago is playing as much for their fans as New Orleans is. The Bears want to lead their fans back to the SB for the first time in 20 years. So dont' tell me New Orleans is the only team playing for something.

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

If you though last year with Jerome Bettis and Detroit was bad? This year all you'll hear is Hurricane Katrina, Coach of the Year, Reggie Bush, Hurricane Katrina, Reggie Bush, HURRICANE KATRINA, REGGIE BUSH!

sig by VLS
                        Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                        I don't care...

Comment

Comment

If you though last year with Jerome Bettis and Detroit was bad? This year all you'll hear is Hurricane Katrina, Coach of the Year, Reggie Bush, Hurricane Katrina, Reggie Bush, HURRICANE KATRINA, REGGIE BUSH!
                            You forgot about Drew Brees HD.

Comment

I hope Chicago is as icy, cold and hostile as possible. The thought of listening to that is horrible.

Comment

I hope Chicago is as icy, cold and hostile as possible. The thought of listening to that is horrible.
                                No ice, snow, or sleet is predicted for this Sunday, just very cold whether. I think they predicted mid 20's to low 30's.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information