No announcement yet.

NFC Championship Game: Saints vs Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the Bears, they are the best team in the NFC and it showed today. I just wish the game was a bit more entertaining :P

Sig by Kramer

Comment

• I still can't believe the voting totals for this game, unbelievable.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

• Originally posted by sweetness34
        I still can't believe the voting totals for this game, unbelievable.
        RESPECT.

Comment

• First and foremost, to all the Bears fans out there... please don't think that these certain jackasses that are still arguing about who the better team is are reflective of all Saints fans.

To all the Saints fans, we have nothing to be disappointed about. Before the season started, no one (not even me) would have thought the Saints would be one win away from the Super Bowl. Personally, we now can look forward to the offseason to see if we can sign and/or draft that one or two players that could be the final piece of the puzzle.

To the Bears fans, the best of luck in Miami against the Indianapolis Colts. As diabsoule pointed out, it should be an excellent game; with a high powered offense versus a shut-down defense. As Bill Walsh says in that Coors Light commercial, "I'm looking forward to it." :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
          https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• I am amused by the 9 people who, since the game ended, have voted for the Bears to win the game.

And I think there are some truisms that need to be spoken:

1) If you're a dome team and you practice all week indoors while your opponent practices all week outdoors, you're in trouble

2) If you're a hot-shot Heismann winner, show some class and don't taunt your opponent in their stadium, while they're still ahead. You're just giving them more motivation to spank your butt.

3) Sometimes team "implode" because their opponents flat-out beat them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver
              So all those fumbles had nothing to do with not being used to the nasty climate? :?
              Honestly, in my opinion, no. We made the same mistakes against Cincy (in the Dome), Baltimore (in the Dome), and at Pittsburgh and ended up with the same result.

2) If you're a hot-shot Heismann winner, show some class and don't taunt your opponent in their stadium, while they're still ahead. You're just giving them more motivation to spank your butt.
              Oh, please. People are making that celebration out to something bigger than it actually was.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

• Originally posted by Flyboy
                Originally posted by Shiver
                So all those fumbles had nothing to do with not being used to the nasty climate? :?
                Honestly, in my opinion, no. We made the same mistakes against Cincy (in the Dome), Baltimore (in the Dome), and at Pittsburgh and ended up with the same result.

Oh, please. People are making that celebration out to something bigger than it actually was.
                How are they doing that?

I personally don't think it was a big deal, but it definately pissed the Bears off. You could tell by their post-game comments and Wale even said something to him after the play untill Bush asked the ref to bail him out. It's not so much the taunt, it was the fact that he did it to Brian Urlacher (who then later in the game almost seperated Colston's head from his body).

Bush even admitted it was a stupid thing to do, and it only served to motivate the Bears. After that they got the safety, the game was pretty much over.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Saints Dome Patrol
                  First and foremost, to all the Bears fans out there... please don't think that these certain jackasses that are still arguing about who the better team is are reflective of all Saints fans.

To all the Saints fans, we have nothing to be disappointed about. Before the season started, no one (not even me) would have thought the Saints would be one win away from the Super Bowl. Personally, we now can look forward to the offseason to see if we can sign and/or draft that one or two players that could be the final piece of the puzzle.

To the Bears fans, the best of luck in Miami against the Indianapolis Colts. As diabsoule pointed out, it should be an excellent game; with a high powered offense versus a shut-down defense. As Bill Walsh says in that Coors Light commercial, "I'm looking forward to it." :D
                  Oh no doubt about it. The turnaround this season was incredible for this team and they are going to be good for a while.

I love all the Saints fans on this board, well ok the majority anyway. flyboy, diabsoule, SDP, #1SaintsFan, Geo, etc...And I was not directing my pissedoffedness (I made that word up ) to you guys, mine were more toward guys like Ewing. Fine don't give us any respect before the game, but if we do soemthing like we did yesterday, you had better shut your mouth.

There was a 50 vote differential on this board, all the ESPN guys (minus John Clayton and Da Coach) picked the Saints, Vegas put us at -1 at home (home teams usually get -3), and were slandered in an article on ESPN by Wojo. Talk about just a slap in the face and even though I really don't care too much what the ESPN guys say, I was pretty upset with what was going on.

But hey, we took care of business on Sunday and that's all that matters. Like NickBam said, "let the haters hate."

Congrats on a great season, thanks for the support in the SB, and good luck next year (unless we meet again in the playoffs). :P

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

"I got caught up in the emotion of the game," said Bush, who said he didn't know who was chasing him. "I was excited. I told coach Payton I apologize for it. I was wrong. I allowed my emotions to take over."

Interesting. this comes AFTER the dance too. so i guess the emotions forced a grown man to do a jig? Hmmm.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYmoney
                      Originally posted by Flyboy

"I got caught up in the emotion of the game," said Bush, who said he didn't know who was chasing him. "I was excited. I told coach Payton I apologize for it. I was wrong. I allowed my emotions to take over."

Interesting. this comes AFTER the dance too. so i guess the emotions forced a grown man to do a jig? Hmmm.
                      Dude Hester did the same crap against the Rams on their turf. I'm over it, he shouldn't have done it, oh well, he apologized, move on.

Comment

Originally posted by NYmoney

Dude Hester did the same crap against the Rams on their turf. I'm over it, he shouldn't have done it, oh well, he apologized, move on.
                        1. Rams game wasn't a playoff game
                        2. Rams D is never called the best in the NFL
                        3. Bears were winning after that TD
                        4. Hester didn't taunt a former MVP
                        5. Hester didn't do a little jig after his TD

Reggie pissed off the D after that display of disrespect. Total pts after Reggie's Riverdance: 0

Comment

We won the Rams game. The Saints didn't get close to sniffing the endzone after that.

sig by VLS
                          Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                          I don't care...

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedNavyandOrange
                            My point is that Bush is the Franchise, and having that spiffy Heismann, he's supposed to be something better than a guy who taunts his opponent while his team is losing. Given that Bears defenders said that it pissed them off and motivated them to play harder, in retrospect, as Mr. Urlacher said (paraphrasing), "I'm sure he would have rather won the game than showboated."

And this isn't a double-standard. I said the same thing when Hester pulled that crap. I was hoping he'd get flagged so he would learn not to put the spotlight on himself instead of the team.

Because bottom line: after the play the scoreboard gave 6 points to New Orleans, not to Reggie Bush. But his little taunt, dive, and dance motivated the Bears to play shut-down football the rest of the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYmoney
                              Originally posted by sweetness34

Reggie pissed off the D after that display of disrespect. Total pts after Reggie's Riverdance: 0
                              But Hester taunted the St. Louis player into the endzone and did the Primetime high step.

Whether or not you're losing, winning, or tied; you just don't do it. Just run into the endzone, act like you've been there before. I'm an old school fan and I'm not big on celebrations. I idolize #34 and how he used to just hand the ball to the ref after he scored.

Plus Devin did it in their house. What both Bush and Hester did was classless; and I hope they've both learned their lessons. So you cannot get mad at Reggie unless you got mad at Devin, because he did the same god damn thing. Sure it wasn't a playoff game and we were winning, but it doesn't make it valid to do.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetness34

But Hester taunted the St. Louis player into the endzone and did the Primetime high step.

Whether or not you're losing, winning, or tied; you just don't do it. Just run into the endzone, act like you've been there before. I'm an old school fan and I'm not big on celebrations. I idolize #34 and how he used to just hand the ball to the ref after he scored.

Plus Devin did it in their house. What both Bush and Hester did was classless; and I hope they've both learned their lessons. So you cannot get mad at Reggie unless you got mad at Devin, because he did the same god damn thing. Sure it wasn't a playoff game and we were winning, but it doesn't make it valid to do.
                                Thank you. To me, it doesn't bother me in the least.. simply because A) football is a game of emotion and sometimes you let your emotions get the best of you. Regardless. Not to mention that I could see why Bush celebrated in the first place.

1. He just made the entire mighty (I'm not using 'mighty' to be sarcastic either) look completely silly.
                                2. He smoked one of arguably the best LBs in the game (not one-on-one, mind you, but still).
                                3. Turn of momentum.

But, whatever. Like I said, I don't think it was a big deal but I can also see why it would have gave the Bears' defense more incentive to clamp down. *shrugs*
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information