No announcement yet.

NFC Championship Game: Saints vs Bears

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this game goes to the Saints, there offense is just too much for the Bears defense, especially since the Bears D has not played like it did at the beggining of the season, of course not having Tommie Harris and Mike Brown has a lot to do with this. And lets be honest history goes against the Bears, if you look at teams in the superbowl you will notice almost every single team has a good QB (except for Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000). At this stage of the playoffs the QB position is what seperates the good teams from the great one's. The Bears defense is not the Ravens defense of 2000, and not the defense who shut out the Pack in there home opener, they gave up 24 points to the Seahawks when during the regular season they gave up only 6 points, this just shows how much the loss of Harris and Brown hurt this team, and what should make anyone think that the Bears offense can come to the rescue like they did last week. I just don't see it happening. I think the Bears get ripped apart, the Saints Offense is just to explosive, final:

Saints 31
    Bears 13
    Sig Size Restriction, see rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Packman1957
      I think this game goes to the Saints, there offense is just too much for the Bears defense, especially since the Bears D has not played like it did at the beggining of the season, of course not having Tommie Harris and Mike Brown has a lot to do with this. And lets be honest history goes against the Bears, if you look at teams in the superbowl you will notice almost every single team has a good QB (except for Trent Dilfer and the Ravens in 2000). At this stage of the playoffs the QB position is what seperates the good teams from the great one's. The Bears defense is not the Ravens defense of 2000, and not the defense who shut out the Pack in there home opener, they gave up 24 points to the Seahawks when during the regular season they gave up only 6 points, this just shows how much the loss of Harris and Brown hurt this team, and what should make anyone think that the Bears offense can come to the rescue like they did last week. I just don't see it happening. I think the Bears get ripped apart, the Saints Offense is just to explosive, final:

Saints 31
      Bears 13
      We aren't the Ravens of 2000, but we have a better offense and better special teams than the Ravens.

Our offense will be able to put points up on the board, and I wouldn't put it past our D and ST's to possibly get a TD as well.

Brad Johnson won a Superbowl, as did Big Ben last year. Both were solid QB's but nothing spectacular. :? But we need Rex to not be a Trent Dilfer type QB or we will lose. We need him to put up some numbers, especially with how the D has been playing as of late.

I won't knock your prediction, it's your opinion, but what difference did you see in the Saints and the Bears this weekend to come up with a score like that?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
      Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Saints 31
        Bears 13
        Very interesting analysis. Here's something to ponder: Rex Grossman. He has the ability to show up huge one week and then disappear the next. Last weekend, his rating was 78; thus it seems that he will either be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in this weekend's playoff game.

We shall see.

I still contend that it is very difficult for a team to go from the #2 overall pick to the superbowl. There are just too many holes to be filled, and I expect the Bears to exploit those same deficiencies.

Comment

Originally posted by NYmoney

Saints 31
          Bears 13
          Very interesting analysis. Here's something to ponder: Rex Grossman. He has the ability to show up huge one week and then disappear the next. Last weekend, his rating was 78; thus it seems that he will either be Tom Brady or Peyton Manning in this weekend's playoff game.

We shall see.

I still contend that it is very difficult for a team to go from the #2 overall pick to the superbowl. There are just too many holes to be filled, and I expect the Bears to exploit those same deficiencies.
          It is very difficult, but it's also certainly possible. I think Saints fans can honestly say that they didn't expect to get this far. Not saying they are where they are because of playing on emotions, but I do think playing for a city has something to do with it.

Don't get me wrong, the Saints are a damn good ballclub, certainly capable of winning the SB, and I'm not knocking them whatsoever for what they have accomplished this season.

Adding Brees, Colston, and Bush to the offense were very good moves and I think that had a lot more to do with their success than anything.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
          Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

I believe Rex Grossman will have a great day. His strength is the deep ball and New Orlean's weakness is in the secondary. Bernard Berrian alone will have atleast 2, TD passes over over 30 yards lining up over Fred Thomas who gets burned every game for huge gains.

Rex handled the playoff pressure very well so far I see no reason why it won't continue.

Comment

The Bears practiced out outside, in the cold. Meanwhile the Saints practiced in their shorts, indoors. That is a big mistake, that is, not preparing your team for the elements.

Comment

This poll is a disaster. Haters.

sig by VLS
                Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                I don't care...

Comment

I am rooting for the Bears because I use them in Madden and I want them to get better.

Comment

Only Josh Brown knows the outcome of this game

Sig by rainbeaukid2
                    Originally posted by yodachu
                    Everyone pwns the Rams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane Ditka
                      This poll is a disaster. Haters.
                      That really is nuts. No way this should be that one sided

Comment

• Originally posted by jetsfan3
                        I am rooting for the Bears because I use them in Madden and I want them to get better.
                        WOW.

NO really just wow.

I want the Saints to win this game for three reasons.
                        1. It would be the greatest Cinderella Story in NFL history.
                        2. Marques Colston went to Hofstra
                        3. What will happen when Tank Johnson hits South Beach if the Bears win.

^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

Comment

• I just looked at the weather forecast and it looks like low 30's and high 20' with a chance of snow.

I'll take the Bears by a field goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fogartynyy2789
                            Originally posted by jetsfan3
                            WOW.

NO really just wow.

I want the Saints to win this game for three reasons.
                            1. It would be the greatest Cinderella Story in NFL history.
                            2. Marques Colston went to Hofstra
                            3. What will happen when Tank Johnson hits South Beach if the Bears win.
                            Blah, Blah, Blah.

sig by VLS
                            Originally posted by Smokey Joe
                            I don't care...

Comment

• I'm waiting to before the game before I make my score prediction. But of course, I'm going to be cheering for the Saints. :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
                              https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Comment

• Yea I immediately regret writing that. I just hope it's a good game. They both beat the Giants so as long as the NFC team wins the Super Bowl, I'll be happy.

BTW in all seriousness, is Tank Johnson allowed to leave the state of Illinois??

^^Best Real Estate Salesman Ever^^

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information