Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
    *shrug*

I have no problem with people like you, who have always been around and an admitted 9'er fan. I just think it's weird that now that the 9'ers are decent there's so damn many more of you.

As I said before, my bandwagon comment wasn't to this thread in particular, just the sudden large amount of people who think the 9'ers are a guaranteed lock for the playoffs, and that Frank Gore is the best runningback in the NFL.

To be honest I think the only reason there are so many more Niner fans is because of the increased popularity of the draft. The Niners havent been doing so well, so they have had good draft picks. Maybe fans have become more intrested in the draft and were directed in the direction of this draft orentated site. I do know that the main message board I use is 49erswebzone and I have thrown a link to these forums numerous times. And really now, there arnt thousands of NFL teams, you will see post about every team if you are looking for them.

About Frank Gore... He isnt the best, but he is a beast and easliy top 5.
    Also, NO TEAM is a lock for the playoffs. So whoever says that about any team is full of BS.
    Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief49er View Post
      To be honest I think the only reason there are so many more Niner fans is because of the increased popularity of the draft. The Niners havent been doing so well, so they have had good draft picks.

That argument makes no sense. Last year they had a great pick, this year they had a mediocre pick.

And, the site is growing, but the growth rate of new 9'er fans is a bit odd.

Comment

The Steelers aren't as far away from the Super Bowl as people here make it seem. I would give the best chance to the Steelers or Cowboys.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
            And, the site is growing, but the growth rate of new 9'er fans is a bit odd.
            I definitely think 49er fans talking Super Bowl this year is WAY premature. We're not there yet. There is a lot of potential, but just contending for a playoff spot is about right for this season.

I think the spike in 49er fans showing their e-faces is centered on the fact that for the past 2 years, there hasn't been any reason for them to stand up and be heard. Any 49er fan talking even about making the playoffs would be met with laughs from fans of just about any team. The progress made by Nolan/McCloughan in restocking the team with talent along with last season's surprises has given the fans a lot of optimism. That, along with the media jocking the SF offseason, has lead to the filling of the bandwagon rather quickly.

But yes, 49ers are not SB quality ... yet.
            The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

True, not yet.

The Cowboys and the Steelers arnt there yet either.... The point of the post is to dig into who is going in the right direction towards that goal.

Comment

what makes you think the 49ers are better off in coming years than the Cowboys? Have you looked at the youth on the Cowboys?

Also the Cowboys are a contender this year, I would say that is a pretty good start.

Comment

Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post

Comment

lol @ above post.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post

As much as I hate the Eagles, he got you there LOL.

Still...

0 SB wins > No playoff win in 10 years

^^
                      In terms of suckiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Borat Sagdiyev View Post
                        I think the spike in 49er fans showing their e-faces is centered on the fact that for the past 2 years, there hasn't been any reason for them to stand up and be heard. Any 49er fan talking even about making the playoffs would be met with laughs from fans of just about any team. The progress made by Nolan/McCloughan in restocking the team with talent along with last season's surprises has given the fans a lot of optimism. That, along with the media jocking the SF offseason, has lead to the filling of the bandwagon rather quickly.

That was pretty much all I was saying... there's a lot of bandwagon fans lately. I hate bandwagon fans in general, regardless of the team they like.

Comment

It's obviously either Dallas or San Fran, depending on...

Alex Smith.
                          Tony Romo.

Getting 6 turnovers against the AFC in the Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
                            I bet our 0 weighs just as much as your 0.
                            it's a sad feeling though isn't it?

Owner of ScarDraft
                            Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report

Comment

This thread is moot since the NFC isn't beating the AFC anytime soon.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                              On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                              Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDawg819 View Post
                                This thread is moot since the NFC isn't beating the AFC anytime soon.
                                yes, it is impossible for a team to win one game. There has never been an underdog win a sports event.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information