• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up in Huron.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
      Up in Huron.
      Oh, you won't hear me refute that. The only good thing in that part of the state is the hunting.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
      they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
      Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

I agree that Tank had more than enough chances and probably deserved to be cut a long time ago, but what if the blood tests come back negative for any "impairing" substances. Did the Bears just cut a decent DT for driving 15 miles over the speed limit?

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
          Did the Bears just cut a decent DT for driving 15 miles over the speed limit?
          Pretty much, yeah.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
          <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by SFbear View Post
            I agree that Tank had more than enough chances and probably deserved to be cut a long time ago, but what if the blood tests come back negative for any "impairing" substances. Did the Bears just cut a decent DT for driving 15 miles over the speed limit?
            And being out early in the morning one day after OTA's. He was on a short leash and this was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Originally posted by JBCX
            Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by ks_perfection View Post
              He'll probably be given another chance soon, if not Chances are that a contender will lose a DT during the season and will gladly sign him for hte remaining 8 games + playoffs.
              I'm pretty sure he'll be suspended the whole year at this point. I have no info on this, just my guess.

Comment

COULD COWBOYS BE INTERESTED IN TANK? by Michael David Smith

Add the Cowboys to the list of teams that could have an interest in suspended defensive tackle Tank Johnson, who was waived by the Chicago Bears Monday.

Matt Mosley of the ESPN Hashmarks blog reports that a member of the Cowboys organization told him that Johnson would be a "perfect fit" in new head coach Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense. The Cowboys apparently consider it a positive that Johnson has spent his entire three-year career playing in a 4-3 defense, as they think 4-3 tackles have the kind of versatility to make them good fits for Phillips' defense.

Per Mosley, the Cowboys see Johnson as a versatile enough player to line up at nose tackle or at either of the defensive end spots. And Mosley notes that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn't afraid of taking chances on troubled but talented players.

Comment

cowboys can have him, look what happened with TO, he caused Bill P. to retire, I don't think Tank is that much of a problem but i hope him and TO will wreck that team

Comment

Originally posted by SubNoize View Post
                    COULD COWBOYS BE INTERESTED IN TANK? by Michael David Smith

Add the Cowboys to the list of teams that could have an interest in suspended defensive tackle Tank Johnson, who was waived by the Chicago Bears Monday.

Matt Mosley of the ESPN Hashmarks blog reports that a member of the Cowboys organization told him that Johnson would be a "perfect fit" in new head coach Wade Phillips' 3-4 defense. The Cowboys apparently consider it a positive that Johnson has spent his entire three-year career playing in a 4-3 defense, as they think 4-3 tackles have the kind of versatility to make them good fits for Phillips' defense.

Per Mosley, the Cowboys see Johnson as a versatile enough player to line up at nose tackle or at either of the defensive end spots. And Mosley notes that Cowboys owner Jerry Jones isn't afraid of taking chances on troubled but talented players.
                    Tank is purely a gap penetrator and would be absolutely terrible as a 3-4 NT even if he gained like 30 pounds. Historically gap penetrating DTs from Tampa 2s don't succeed as 3-4 DE's.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information