SI Top 25 Receivers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
    Why are we talking about Marvin Harrison's '02 season? Or Holt's '03? It is entirely irrelevant. This is a thread about the upcoming season. The past two seasons indicate that Steve Smith will be more productive. He had a dominant season in '05, then had an excellent season last year in spite of injuries and Chris Weinke.
    Personally, I brought up Holt's 2003 season to make a point. Anytime I think that someone is just pulling some crap out of the their butt to make their point, I will try to prove them wrong. We all know that was an amazing 2005 season, but the statement he made is ridiculous. While we are busy saying that no one else can have seasons like (insert name). I am going to say that there is no way, ever, that someone will have the exact same season in the exact same situation as Shaun McDonald's 2005 season. I also find it hard to believe that anyone will ever have the same stats in the same situation as Eddie Kennison did in 2004. Can't people see how ridiculous an argument this is? Anyone can make an argument for anything when all they have to do to dispute a claim to the contrary is just say, "It isn't the same enough."

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
      Personally, I brought up Holt's 2003 season to make a point. Anytime I think that someone is just pulling some crap out of the their butt to make their point, I will try to prove them wrong. We all know that was an amazing 2005 season, but the statement he made is ridiculous. While we are busy saying that no one else can have seasons like (insert name). I am going to say that there is no way, ever, that someone will have the exact same season in the exact same situation as Shaun McDonald's 2005 season. I also find it hard to believe that anyone will ever have the same stats in the same situation as Eddie Kennison did in 2004. Can't people see how ridiculous an argument this is? Anyone can make an argument for anything when all they have to do to dispute a claim to the contrary is just say, "It isn't the same enough."

thats not the case here...if u insert steve smith or marvin harrison or any of the other top of the line wrs into eddie kinnison or shawn mcdonalds situations then they would have done more then likely better then those guys

Comment

• Originally posted by reese View Post
        thats not the case here...if u insert steve smith or marvin harrison or any of the other top of the line wrs into eddie kinnison or shawn mcdonalds situations then they would have done more then likely better then those guys
        We will never know that for sure though. I could just sit here and say no one will ever do what they did those seasons. You know why, because no one will ever be on that exact roster again, under those exact situations. I know it is a stupid argument, and that's what I am pointing out about that guy's argument for Smith. It is a stupid argument because it is something we can never know and all he has to do to dispute the achievements of another WR in a similar situation is say, "It wasn't similar enough."

Well I will say right now, no other WR could ever do what Holt did in 2003, what Harrison did in 2002, what Moss did in 2003, etc. Try to argue it, I will just tell you flat out, "Hey, that situation wasn't similar enough."

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.

Comment

• Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
          We will never know that for sure though. I could just sit here and say no one will ever do what they did those seasons. You know why, because no one will ever be on that exact roster again, under those exact situations. I know it is a stupid argument, and that's what I am pointing out about that guy's argument for Smith. It is a stupid argument because it is something we can never know and all he has to do to dispute the achievements of another WR in a similar situation is say, "It wasn't similar enough."

Well I will say right now, no other WR could ever do what Holt did in 2003, what Harrison did in 2002, what Moss did in 2003, etc. Try to argue it, I will just tell you flat out, "Hey, that situation wasn't similar enough."

i dont even kno what ur tryin to say

Comment

• Originally posted by njx9
            he's saying it's a stupid argument. you lack reading comprehension.
            its not a stupid argument...he is makin things up and tryin to make it sound stupid. he keeps sayin its stupid becuz the im sayin they didnt play in the same situation. he keeps sayin it like im sayin there situations werent "similar enuf".. they werent even close at all...nuthin about the rams and panthers offenses are the same. it would be different it were talkin about the colts and the rams becuz they both throw it all over the field but the panthers dont do that. so how bout next time u feel like making a smart ass comment u actually read the thread...then make an attempt at a logical football thought and then present a post that provides some type of insight to what was goin on. but u probley lack the football comprehesion to do something like that so instead u make jokes and choose to make smart ass comments to hide ur lack of knowledge of the game of football

Comment

what a bitter, pointless, stupid rant.

he's making a CLEAR and OBVIOUS analogy here in the post YOU responded to. do you have any idea how to follow the discussion, or did you just quote the wrong thing and not bother proof-reading to make sure your snarky little comment fit?

but gosh, yeah, you got me, i should make a point about football when i'm pointing out that you can't read. wow, why didn't i think of that? it makes so much more sense if i insert some random factoid into a discussion in which it isn't relevant! do you have any vague idea what you're talking about?

further, i fail to see where i made any kind of "joke". joke would imply that i was trying to be humorous. i was merely pointing out that you have no ability to understand simple english. which you've just now proven a second time. are you going to respond again so i can show you yet another post of yours that won't make sense, or are you smart enough to realize your response to that particular post was, to be honest, silly?
              yes u should make a football comment being that were on a FOOTBALL message board...this message board isnt english 101...or a online reading comprehension course...so ur thought on my reading ability serve no purpose...

Comment

pot, meet kettle. you made a dumb comment. i told you why it was dumb. you told me i should comment on football when i'm telling you why you made a dumb comment. even though football has ZERO relation to why your comment was terrible. how about this, YOU stop posting and I can stop correcting your abysmal english skills. no? then learn how to read so you don't look ridiculous when you respond.
                if i couldnt read i couldnt respond to ur post genius. how bout we go on an english 101 message board and ill post and u can correct my english all day...but as long as were on here ill keep pointing out ur lack of knowledge towards football.

Comment

which you have yet to successfully do, ever. nor will you. you haven't raised even ONE relevant or insightful post in this entire thread. oh? you think you have? quote 3. but way to turn this around! you utterly missed why i was correcting your english, and decided to attack my supposed lack of football knowledge! brilliant.
                  like i said...of course i attack ur knowledge of football..this being a football message board and all...how dare i do something like question ur football knowledge on a football site....of course im wrong in doing that....and ur right in attacking my reading and english skills on a FOOTBALL site...i dont kno where i got confused

Comment

• njx9, we need to get u laid. ur like that one teacher that u know hasnt gotten it in like 10 years, so shes a complete *****

Comment

• Originally posted by reese View Post
                      yes u should make a football comment being that were on a FOOTBALL message board...this message board isnt english 101...or a online reading comprehension course...so ur thought on my reading ability serve no purpose...

Actually, when it gets to the point where we can no longer discuss football because someone isn't intelligent enough to read properly, it is relevant.

Believe me, we're way past that point, and it is, in fact, due to your inability to read/post intelligently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
                        njx9, we need to get u laid. ur like that one teacher that u know hasnt gotten it in like 10 years, so shes a complete *****
                        agreed. +reps

Comment

a better solution would be limiting the number of stupid posts. but *shrug*
                          im sorry but this is a stupid post. to think stupid people would just "smart up" is classic, but hey, we can dream cant we?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            Why are we talking about Marvin Harrison's '02 season? Or Holt's '03? It is entirely irrelevant. This is a thread about the upcoming season. The past two seasons indicate that Steve Smith will be more productive. He had a dominant season in '05, then had an excellent season last year in spite of injuries and Chris Weinke.
                            You can pretty much say Smith played 11 games though he was in 14, since weinke was QBing for 3 games and he was injured for the first two.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlindSite View Post
                              You can pretty much say Smith played 11 games though he was in 14, since weinke was QBing for 3 games and he was injured for the first two.
                              umm one game weinke played, he threw like 60 times, vs the Giants, im pretty sure that would help Smith...
                              We ALL bleed scarlet
                              New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                              UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                              Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                              BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

• Yeah, but he still played like crap. Throwing a lot is no good if the passes don't go where they need to be and when they need to be there...

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information