• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice to see Driver getting respected.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Comment

Originally posted by nfrillman View Post
      Any list of WR's that doesn't have Holt in the top 10 is completely ridiculous. Almost every list I've seen has him in the top 5 at least, a number 12 ranking is just stupid. There is no way he should be below Johnson, Driver, Walker, Boldin, Moss, or Wayne. I would personally have him no lower than 5 ever, that means above TO. But that's okay, Holt has always been disrespected by analyst. They always mention him on their way to getting a boner for some other WR, usually Steve Smith.
      Even as a Niner fan I can agree with you and attest to this. T Big Game Holt has got serious game. I seriously think that he and Bruce were the biggest reasons both Warner and Bulger had so much success with the big plays.

Comment

Calvin Johnson haven't even played a game!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
          Awful list. Roy williams at 3? Why is Harrison behind him? Mark Clayton shouldnt be on the list, hes not even a 1000 yard receiver. Torry Holt at 12 is a complete joke. Hes a top 5 WR. And yeah, Calvin Johnson hasnt played a down yet...
          Harrison has peyton manning throwing to him... Roy plays for the lions.

TO needs to be lower. Its his job to catch balls and he drops some easy ones. he is also a team/coach killer and a bad locker room influence.

Comment

Originally posted by VY10 View Post
            Harrison has peyton manning throwing to him... Roy plays for the lions.

TO needs to be lower. Its his job to catch balls and he drops some easy ones. he is also a team/coach killer and a bad locker room influence.
            Which has nothing to do with this list, do people read anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
              Even though at 4, Marvin is to low on that list IMO.
              I'm glad I didn't have to say it. Marvin was the ONLY WR in the NFL last season to be in the top 5 in receptions (3rd), receiving yards (2nd), and receiving TDs (2nd), and he was top 3 in each category. It's not like a lot of that is a rare occurence for him either. Since 1999, Marvin has ranked no lower than 4th (2003) in any given season in TD receptions, has been out of the top 10 in receiving yards once in that time (2004), and out of the top 10 in receptions twice in that span (2004, 2005). Unless he thinks the Colts offense is going to regress or Gonzalez is going to make a HUGE impact, his ratings of both Harrison and Wayne are pretty low, as they were definitely 2 of the 4 best WRs statisically last year, and arguably the two best (Owens has a strong case against Wayne, Holt has a lesser one).

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                Jackson and Clayton on that list makes the list a bad list...

From what I've heard, 49'rs coaches are already ticked off with Jackson and are very unimpressed.
                Mark Clayton is better then every wide receiver on your roster combined. I like Clayton's inclusion on this list and after this season he should be higher. Although the lower rankings of Torry Holt and gasp Hines Ward disturbed me, also Plexiglass should be a bit lower because with no running game I doubt he will have a very productive year.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
                  Where did you hear that? It seems they are upset with lelie, not jackson.
                  I saw somewhere that the Seahawks were upset with Darrell Jackson and the 49'rs are the same way.

"Darrell Jackson, WR, San Francisco

Sure, he fills a hole, but if he were all that valuable, do you think Seattle would've given up on him? When I visited the Seahawks last summer, coaches were frustrated trying to get him on the field. I think the same thing will happen in San Francisco. Jackson is talented; he's just not tough. "

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10234368

So the post proves you right, I read it wrong.

I just don't think Jackson is a good receiver, I've never liked him at receiver and I don't think he will do good there.

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBodden View Post
                    This list is awful.
                    no truer words have been spoken.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                      Driver is very underrated, he's right where he belongs. Randy Moss should be higher. Where the heck is Joey Galloway??!!!???!?!?!! He's better than half of the guys on that list right now at age 34 or whatever, and had better seasons than most of those guys last year with freaking Bruce Gradkowski throwing to him behind a bad OLine with no RB. And he's probably one of the 5 fastest WRs in the NFL still.
                      I like you :)

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
                        no truer words have been spoken.
                        How about the White Sox are awful this year?

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Originally posted by Job
                        On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
                        Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!

Comment

Reggie Brown ahead of Hines Ward is ****ing idiotic.

Comment

15. Larry Fitzgerald

This is some BS

Comment

Steve Smith should be higher

j/k

Comment

whoaa not cool PK
                                my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                                <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                                <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                                <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                                Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                                What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information