No announcement yet.

Picks your team traded away that turned out to be great

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To the naked eye, it may seem as though the Giants made a mistake in trading picks away for Eli Manning. But, since he will be a Hall of Famer / World Icon, it'll all be worth it in the end. :)

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
      The funny part is that the Falcons probably thought they were pulling off a heist by trading a 2nd round QB flop with injury and character concerns for a mid 1st rounder. And who was it that the Falcons ended up selecting with that premium pick? None other than Favre's former Southern Miss teammate- RB Tony Smith.

Perfect example of the disparity in parity between the actual playing field and the front offices of various NFL teams. Ron Wolf knew he had a checkmate before the Falcons even pulled their Queen out of the box. At the time though, it appeared as though he was making a bad decision. Something to always keep in mind when we evaluate some of these seemingly crazy moves teams make nowadays.

I think Vikings fans might have a little something to say on this subject as well......
      Favre was a flop in Atlanta? He only played there his rookie season and attempted a whopping 4 passes. I would not call that a flop.

Atlanta also had Chris Miller then and he was descent before getting all the concussions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
        I wonder what Giants fans are going to say...

Don't remind us about that infamous day where we traded a QB who turns out to be about on the same level as the one we traded for, plus we gave up the pick that produced Shawn Merriman. Plus San Diego got a good kicker with the other draft pick we gave them.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
          Don't remind us about that infamous day where we traded a QB who turns out to be about on the same level as the one we traded for, plus we gave up the pick that produced Shawn Merriman. Plus San Diego got a good kicker with the other draft pick we gave them.
          You're a pessimist.

Comment

Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
            You're a pessimist.
            I'm a realist.

Comment

I'm a realist.
              Oh and i'm not?
              Originally posted by ricky bobby View Post
              To the naked eye, it may seem as though the Giants made a mistake in trading picks away for Eli Manning. But, since he will be a Hall of Famer / World Icon, it'll all be worth it in the end. :)

Comment

The Chiefs trading up with Dallas to take Ryan Sims then Dallas taking Roy Williams is pretty bad.

Comment

I think the Vikings have to regret what the Cowboys did to them with that Herschel Walker trade. The deal:

Minnesota Vikings
                  • RB Herschel Walker
                  • Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54)
                  • San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116)
                  • Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249)
                  • Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68)
                  Dallas Cowboys
                  • LB Jesse Solomon
                  • LB David Howard
                  • CB Isaac Holt
                  • RB Darrin Nelson
                  • DE Alex Stewart
                  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (21)
                  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47)
                  • Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158)
                  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11)
                  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38)
                  • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13)
                  • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (40)
                  • Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71)
                  Those picks ended up becoming Emmit Smith, Russel Maryland, and Darren Woodson, plus a number of role players who helped vault the Cowboys into a dynasty.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                    I think the Vikings have to regret what the Cowboys did to them with that Herschel Walker trade. The deal:

Minnesota Vikings
                    • RB Herschel Walker
                    • Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1990 (54)
                    • San Diego's 5th round pick - 1990 (116)
                    • Dallas's 10th round pick - 1990 (249)
                    • Dallas's 3rd round pick - 1991 (68)
                    Dallas Cowboys
                    • LB Jesse Solomon
                    • LB David Howard
                    • CB Isaac Holt
                    • RB Darrin Nelson
                    • DE Alex Stewart
                    • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (21)
                    • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1990 (47)
                    • Minnesota's 6th round pick in 1990 (158)
                    • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (11)
                    • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1991 (conditional) - (38)
                    • Minnesota's 1st round pick in 1993 (conditional) - (13)
                    • Minnesota's 2nd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (40)
                    • Minnesota's 3rd round pick in 1992 (conditional) - (71)
                    Those picks ended up becoming Emmit Smith, Russel Maryland, and Darren Woodson, plus a number of role players who helped vault the Cowboys into a dynasty.
                    There were never be another trade like that ever some Chiefs fans thought we could get a deal like that for LJ I say **** to those fans you make the rest of us look bad.

Comment

Steelers traded up with the Cheifs which gave them Larry Johnson. But at the same time we got Polamalu who has been great for us aswell so I'm not complaining.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by Splat420 View Post
                        There were never be another trade like that ever some Chiefs fans thought we could get a deal like that for LJ I say **** to those fans you make the rest of us look bad.
                        Well, with the salary cap as it is, draft picks have become so valuable that it would just never happen. I think LJ could be moved for 2 1st rounders and a conditional future 2nd. That would be a huge, huge deal.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
                          Steelers traded up with the Cheifs which gave them Larry Johnson. But at the same time we got Polamalu who has been great for us aswell so I'm not complaining.

Larry Johnson would have been a terrible pick for the Steelers back then. They didn't need a RB. You got a top 3 safety instead. Both teams got what they needed.

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358 View Post
                            Well, with the salary cap as it is, draft picks have become so valuable that it would just never happen. I think LJ could be moved for 2 1st rounders and a conditional future 2nd. That would be a huge, huge deal.
                            I don't think we could get two first round picks and I'm a huge LJ and Chiefs fan not at his age 27 and the huge huge money he wants giving up that many picks and that kinda money is to much for one player.

Comment

KC won't get more than 2 1st day picks at this point.
                              my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                              <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                              <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                              <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                              Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                              What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'm a realist.
                                Not if you think Eli and Rivers are on "the same level."

Shouldn't feel as bad as Falcons fans though: they got a dogfight ringleader instead of the greatest RB in the game, and possibly of all time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information