Picks your team traded away that turned out to be great

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
    Larry Johnson would have been a terrible pick for the Steelers back then. They didn't need a RB. You got a top 3 safety instead. Both teams got what they needed.

O I know. But this thread is about great players you missed and well the best I could think of was Larry Johnson.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      All the picks the Saints traded away to get Ricky Williams.
      The skinz never got anyone good. They still were horrible so that wouldn't count.

Comment

Dennis Erickson and Terry Donahue (sp?) had a gem of a first round in 2004.

Traded pick 16 to the Eagles - Shawn Andrews OG

Traded Pick 28 to the Panthers - Chris Gamble CB

Used Pick 31 on - Rashaun Woods....oye

Comment

Atlanta Falcons looking like they have a good future so they trade a future first round pick for a current 2nd round pick. They are horrible the next year and end up with the 5th worst record. The pick turned into 2,000 yard back Jamal Lewis.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by MasterShake View Post
            Dennis Erickson and Terry Donahue (sp?) had a gem of a first round in 2004.

Traded pick 16 to the Eagles - Shawn Andrews OG

Traded Pick 28 to the Panthers - Chris Gamble CB

Used Pick 31 on - Rashaun Woods....oye
            Yikes.. No wonder they fell into the Football abyss for a little while.

Comment

Can't really blame them, Woods was predicted to go in the range of their first pick. I love his scouting report.

Few, if any flaws in his game.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

I will admit I loved Rashaun Woods coming out. Fortunately I wasn't alone, a lot of people got that one wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                  I will admit I loved Rashaun Woods coming out. Fortunately I wasn't alone, a lot of people got that one wrong.
                  Yep, I was a big fan of his as well.
                  The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

I'm pretty sure the 49ers also gave up the pick eventually used to select Ray Lewis when they traded up to grab J.J. Stokes. Long story short, not a great recent history for the Niners making trades for WR in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
                      Favre was a flop in Atlanta? He only played there his rookie season and attempted a whopping 4 passes. I would not call that a flop.

Atlanta also had Chris Miller then and he was descent before getting all the concussions.
                      You think I don't know that? If you'd actually comprehended what I wrote, you'd understand that I was making fun of what the Falcons likely thought about the trade at the time. I didn't say he was a flop. I said the Falcons likely thought they were washing their hands of an injury prone QB with character concerns. The fact that they traded him after just one season shows what they thought of his chances to be a solid QB in the NFL. From what I've read, Glanville is mostly to blame. Sounds like he rejected Favre from day one.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                        Not if you think Eli and Rivers are on "the same level."

Shouldn't feel as bad as Falcons fans though: they got a dogfight ringleader instead of the greatest RB in the game, and possibly of all time.
                        You are just pissed you dont have a dogfight ringleader.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

it wasnt much of a trade but i think we chose troy edwards instead of (and dont quote me on this) chad pennington

every steeler was mad at that one

Comment

Ravens traded into first to get Boller and missed out on Wilfork the next year

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                              Shouldn't feel as bad as Falcons fans though: they got a dogfight ringleader instead of the greatest RB in the game, and possibly of all time.
                              You overestimate the football acumen of Dan Reeves. He said in a radio interview that he was never going to take LaDainian Tomlinson. Had the Falcons not traded for Michael Vick, hello Kenyatta Walker! Even the most staunch Vick critic has to admit that he is a better player than Walker is.

Compounding the problem, when the Falcons really did need a RB Reeves took TJ Duckett over Ed Reed!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                                Compounding the problem, when the Falcons really did need a RB Reeves took TJ Duckett over Ed Reed!
                                BPA always beats out needs to moi.
                                The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. Weve shown weve been able to do that. - Jabari Greer

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information