Picks your team traded away that turned out to be great

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Picks your team traded away that turned out to be great

Who elses team has traded away draft picks, that were used to draft players who have become very good or great players.

I can't remember the year, but the panthers traded away two picks that were used on Randy Moss and Champ Bailey.

All the picks the Saints traded away to get Ricky Williams.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      that was crazy

Comment

Our trade down for that bloody Rashaun Woods..

Comment

We traded what would be Fred Taylor for Rob Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
            Did you have to? I mean.. really? Dick. :(
            The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

every Mike Sherman draft pretty much sums it up. Traded up to draft a punter in the 3rd round.

Comment

The Falcons made a good trade back when, and we got a guy named Favre. Ever heard of him?

Comment

I wonder what Giants fans are going to say...

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    every Mike Sherman draft pretty much sums it up. Traded up to draft a punter in the 3rd round.
                    You left out that he is no longer with the team.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                      The Falcons made a good trade back when, and we got a guy named Favre. Ever heard of him?
                      The funny part is that the Falcons probably thought they were pulling off a heist by trading a 2nd round QB flop with injury and character concerns for a mid 1st rounder. And who was it that the Falcons ended up selecting with that premium pick? None other than Favre's former Southern Miss teammate- RB Tony Smith.

Perfect example of the disparity in parity between the actual playing field and the front offices of various NFL teams. Ron Wolf knew he had a checkmate before the Falcons even pulled their Queen out of the box. At the time though, it appeared as though he was making a bad decision. Something to always keep in mind when we evaluate some of these seemingly crazy moves teams make nowadays.

I think Vikings fans might have a little something to say on this subject as well......

Comment

When the Chiefs traded down to #27 in the 2003 draft the Steelers took Troy Polamalu with the Chiefs' original pick in the 1st round.

However, we got Larry Johnson with the #27 pick so I am more than happy with him.

Comment

Originally posted by duckseason View Post
                          The funny part is that the Falcons probably thought they were pulling off a heist by trading a 2nd round QB flop with injury and character concerns for a mid 1st rounder. And who was it that the Falcons ended up selecting with that premium pick? None other than Favre's former Southern Miss teammate- RB Tony Smith.

Perfect example of the disparity in parity between the actual playing field and the front offices of various NFL teams. Ron Wolf knew he had a checkmate before the Falcons even pulled their Queen out of the box. At the time though, it appeared as though he was making a bad decision. Something to always keep in mind when we evaluate some of these seemingly crazy moves teams make nowadays.

I think Vikings fans might have a little something to say on this subject as well......

If he stayed in Atlanta, I dont think he could have succeeded. The environment wasnt right for him.

So we had this 5th overall pick in some 2001 draft. We traded it away luckily. Had we kept it, we woulda gotten some dud called Ladainian Tomlinson.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                            If he stayed in Atlanta, I dont think he could have succeeded. The environment wasnt right for him.

So we had this 5th overall pick in some 2001 draft. We traded it away luckily. Had we kept it, we woulda gotten some dud called Ladainian Tomlinson.
                            Man that would have sucked if you woulda got that guy. He's pretty bad. Ahhhh the Eagles...Studs like Jerome McDougle come to mind, as well as Kevin Kolb (I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) Instead of McDougle, the following players were available: Troy Polamalu, Larry Johnson, Willis McGahee, Nnamdi Asomugha among others. Mike Mamula is another that comes to mind. I'm sure there's plenty more but I'm drawing blanks right now.

Comment

With the horrible move the Cowboys made for Joey Galloway, the Seahawks ended up with Shaun Alexander and Koren Robinson. Luckily, Robinson had only one very good year (his 2nd) and then a ton of issues.
                              But while Alexander became a very good RB, the Cowboys had to start Troy Hambrick as their replacement for Emmitt.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information