Troy Smith Questions Goodell

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeathbyStat View Post
    I think he should be concentrating more on making an NFL roster then calling out the commish. I think the may be better suited for a career in investigative journalism then a that of an NFL QB.
    He will make the Ravens.

Comment

I can't believe some of you actually think Troy is in the wrong on this one. If the commish is going to publicly represent the league as much as he has chosen to do thus far, then he might think about some positive reinforcement. Goodell is acting right now like the league has a discipline problem. It doesn't. Instead, it has a few dozen knuckleheads ruining it for over a thousand other guys and Goodell hasn't done much to highlight that. The NFL and it's players do so much for charities it's ridiculous to think that these criminals in any significant way represent the league. Consider New Orleans exhibit "A".

Comment

Small update, apparently not only Troy Smith had questions, Garrett Wolfe did too. Although to be fair, Wolfe's was completely puerile.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
          Small update, apparently not only Troy Smith had questions, Garrett Wolfe did too. Although to be fair, Wolfe's was completely puerile.
          Yeah, that was a pretty immature question to ask the commissioner.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
            Troy already has turned, he had problems at the start of his college career but he really turned it around being a model citizen last year, and he has great maturity, and poise. At worst a reliable backup with possibility for more. His pick was straight robbery, you can't teach winning, mobility, and heart. Smith has it all, I hate OSU but was happy when he won Heisman.
            But but but but....don't you know he's only 6 feet tall???????? I mean, come on, you can't be a good QB unless you're 6'5. ;)

On a more serious note, I couldn't have said it any better. I hate Ohio State with a passion, but I must admit, it's a damn good story from the way he started his career to the way he turned it around and won the Heisman. I'm stunned he fell to the fifth round and I think when it's all said and done, the guy will be the steal of the draft.

*Realizes what he just typed* I will now wander into oncoming traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
              Who cares what the last pick in the 5th round who hasn't played one snap in the NFL says.
              maybe this is why u have negative rep

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                Expect a suspension in his near future.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                  I can't believe some of you actually think Troy is in the wrong on this one. If the commish is going to publicly represent the league as much as he has chosen to do thus far, then he might think about some positive reinforcement. Goodell is acting right now like the league has a discipline problem. It doesn't. Instead, it has a few dozen knuckleheads ruining it for over a thousand other guys and Goodell hasn't done much to highlight that. The NFL and it's players do so much for charities it's ridiculous to think that these criminals in any significant way represent the league. Consider New Orleans exhibit "A".
                  Unfortunately, the bad things those few dozen have done have severely outweighed the the good things that the thousands have done when is comes to media and public perception. When Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, Michael Vick, and Chris Henry do something wrong, it's usually one of the top stories on ESPN. When NFL players donated money to the Katrina relief fund, we might have gotten a 30 second mention in the final minute on Sports Center. And when the sports networks finally show the "good stories," it's usually only a few times a year. You are right, the NFL doesn't have the discipline problem that one would think by looking at all of Goodell's suspensions. However, the media makes it seem like it does to the general public and the "casual" NFL fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    Unfortunately, the bad things those few dozen have done have severely outweighed the the good things that the thousands have done when is comes to media and public perception. When Pacman Jones, Tank Johnson, Michael Vick, and Chris Henry do something wrong, it's usually one of the top stories on ESPN. When NFL players donated money to the Katrina relief fund, we might have gotten a 30 second mention in the final minute on Sports Center. And when the sports networks finally show the "good stories," it's usually only a few times a year. You are right, the NFL doesn't have the discipline problem that one would think by looking at all of Goodell's suspensions. However, the media makes it seem like it does to the general public and the "casual" NFL fans.
                    Thus is the nature of the media. Why would Goodell feed into that, which he has done so far? I realize he is not the head of the NFLPA, he's the NFL Commissioner, but as far as I know he and the players need eachother on each party's side. He would do well to represent the league as if it was not waiting for every little thing the media has to say about it. Currently the NFL seems to be reacting to the media, and ideally it should be the other way around. I see what you're saying, but I hope you see what I (and Troy Smith) are saying.

Comment

Exactly. Pac Man has his own segment, yet the Men of the Year, Brees and Tomlinson get a rarely played commercial.

Comment

Originally posted by ShutDwn View Post
                        Exactly. Pac Man has his own segment, yet the Men of the Year, Brees and Tomlinson get a rarely played commercial.
                        Every other commercial on NFLN is a united way one.

Comment

troy smith will be a great qb imo

Comment

Gotta love the media catering to idiots(eacantdraft, rickybobby, im looking at you.) If you look, every story on the nightly news is bad. Even though the amount of non-bad news far outweighs the bad. But, sensationalism sells, so they will continue to do that.
                            I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
                            Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Working...
                            X

Debug Information