• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troy Smith Questions Goodell

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

bout 1/3 way down

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Who cares what the last pick in the 5th round who hasn't played one snap in the NFL says.

Comment

Originally posted by eacantdraft View Post
      Who cares what the last pick in the 5th round who hasn't played one snap in the NFL says.
      Everyone should care if he addresses a legitimate issue.

Comment

I was worried when I read the title, but after hearing the question he asked I have no problem with this.
        HALL OF FAMER!
        PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
        JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Well that's the point of the Rookie Symposium. Goodell (and the media) needs to be able to hear what the rookies are thinking of the league they are entering. This is where they can speak their minds right to the commissioner, instead of the media.

I applaud Smith for this though and Goodell even for not saying something generic.
          Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

I think Smith makes a good point, but at the same time, Goodell needed to do what he's doing. It's like a teacher on the first day of school. You come down hard on the "kids" right away to establish your role, then you ease up as they prove themselves worthy. The question was fine, and Goodell handled it well. No worries on my end.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Of course I'm sure you didn't bother to even read the article.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
              Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
              http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Comment

You like to point out all of the good things but with today's media the negatives are focused on muhc more. I'm sure Goodell has talked about all of the great things people have done in the league but sportscenter and other outlets only like to hear about what he is going to do to the criminals in the league.

I think Goodell did exactlly what had to be done. After you get the guys that have these incedents attention they will learn to keep themselves out of those types of situations. Guys like Henry, Jones, and Johnson need to be punished and hopefully learn from their mistakes. If not, they don't deserve the opportunity to play in the NFL.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

seemed like a harmless discussion. well spoken with a genuine response from both. doesn't seem like an attack to me, more or less something of interest.

i was actaully expecting something much worse

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                  You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post
                    just another of his knee jerk reactions w/o looking at the facts

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

Originally posted by Ghettosermon View Post

He didn't get the chance. Once he saw the Vick investigation title he stopped to read that.

Comment

lol....hes got balls
                        Originally posted by Troy Smith
                        You haven't answered my question

Comment

Go Troy. Maybe he could be in Troy Vincent's role someday.. He likes discussion and debate stuff, always gives good answers in interviews.
                          I remember: Sean Taylor

Bosanac01

Comment

Goodell wanted to be asked questions and thats just what Smith did. It was a harmless question at that.
                            "We're only going to score 17 points?" Brady said before chuckling about it. "OK. Is Plax playing defense? I wish he had said 45-42 and gave us a little credit for scoring more points."

Comment

Smith seems to have the charisma and poise of a true leader.

If only he was not a midget...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information