7.Tennessee $15.3 million
    8.Dallas $13.8 million
    9.Oakland $12.5 million
    10.Philadelphia $11.5 million
    11.St. Louis $11.5 million
    12.New Orleans $11.2 million
    13.Seattle $10.5 million
    14.N.Y. Jets $10 million

well yeah, but you forget to add that a lot of these teams have rookies who will most likely command large signing bonuses, especially cleveland.

Comment

well they said somethin like the average for rookie cap hits is 4.7 mill roughly. So even with that these teams still have quite the amount of cap space, which is unfortunately gonna lead to a bunch of 2nd tier players gettin huge money next year, which then upsets the top tier players who aren't gettin that money. wait, that sounds familiar...did that happen this year already?

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Patriots are at over 8 mill. Only Meriweather to sign and Brown as first day guys.

Comment

Gotta say, even though the Jaguars have only really been middle to upper middle of the pack for a while now, they're cap management is superb. I believe their motto is "backloading is a naughty word", which means their team salary stays even and doesn't jump up one year all of a sudden. That and they are usually very quiet FA players. I guess it puts a stress on drafting well so it's only a good cap system if you're good at that really, which they generally have been, being a playoff contender lately.

Anyway, that's enough of my divisional rival love, just don't think they get enough credit for their cap management.

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
            Patriots are at over 8 mill. Only Meriweather to sign and Brown as first day guys.
            Really? i thought they were around one or two. If thats the case why arent they paying Samuel?

Originally posted by WMD
            Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
            Originally posted by gpngc
            I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Saints only have Meachem left to sign too.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                Really? i thought they were around one or two. If thats the case why arent they paying Samuel?
                Nothing to do with this year's cap really - more to do with the long term. If they were to get him inked to a new long term deal, it would count a LOT less in 07 than the franchise tag does, so yeah, not a current year cap issue.

So far, the Pats have proven they can do well with mid range DB's at some pretty crucial times, so I guess they don't feel they need to put aside a chunk of their future cap health for a CB.

Comment

Man, San Francisco really used up all of their cap this offseason, huh?
                  The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin

Comment

I'm not a fan of the Chiefs GM Carl Peterson but I have to give it to him he really improved our cap this year it was a mess at the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                      Nothing to do with this year's cap really - more to do with the long term. If they were to get him inked to a new long term deal, it would count a LOT less in 07 than the franchise tag does, so yeah, not a current year cap issue.

So far, the Pats have proven they can do well with mid range DB's at some pretty crucial times, so I guess they don't feel they need to put aside a chunk of their future cap health for a CB.
                      Thanks for the clarrification, i was woundering about that

Originally posted by WMD
                      I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
                        if u have a million dollars in life..do u just go out and spend it all?

he wants more than we've offered..he doesnt even want the franchise tag which is a guranteed $7.9 or w.e mill contract.

u dont overpay at a store because u have more money than the average joe.

plus ASante's franchise tag already counts towards that list so if hes traded..we'll have over $10 million like that article stated.

Comment

he wants more than we've offered..he doesnt even want the franchise tag which is a guranteed $7.9 or w.e mill contract.

plus ASante's franchise tag already counts towards that list so if hes traded..we'll have over $10 million like that article stated.
                          But what else would you rather pay for than a pro bowl caliber corner? I think the Pats front office is trying not to acknowledge the huge jump in contract sizes that Clements has put out there.

Comment

Cleveland has a 1st round QB and a #3 overall pick to dish out signing bonuses too. Not to mention a 2nd rounder who will be commanding better money than his slot usually gets since he's got leverage with the whole "should've been a top 15 pick" and the fact that he is a starting CB.

Comment

Oh i agree, i dont think that just because we have the money, we should throw it at any player who demands more. i think that if we have a pro bowl caliber player, who hasnt made any real money in his previous contact, wants more money and a longer contract we should give it to him. Hes still young and a little more money and a longer contract would only make the team better

Originally posted by WMD

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information