No announcement yet.

Ten-million dollar club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steelers have almost no room because they have alot of contracts in their final years like Faneca, Polamalu, Simmons, Starks, Haggans and Colcoulgh. We're supposed to have something like 43 million next year so hopefully we'll use that to get guys like Troy and Ben signed.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig

Comment

Vikings= BIG SPENDERS!!!

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

It's amazing how far the Jets have come regarding the cap situation within the last two years.
        Glenn Dorsey will slip...

Jets will not take McFadden...

Comment

Originally posted by Jvig43 View Post
          Oh i agree, i dont think that just because we have the money, we should throw it at any player who demands more. i think that if we have a pro bowl caliber player, who hasnt made any real money in his previous contact, wants more money and a longer contract we should give it to him. Hes still young and a little more money and a longer contract would only make the team better
          Law didnt get it. why should Asante?

Asante was our nickel in training camp last year..he started as the #2 CB and didnt play #1 till 9 games into the season.

he did play great and he shines in playoffs but its too early for him wanting to get a 10 mill per year contract

we offered him the average of the top 5 salaries but hes angry. and that tattoo get paid worries me

if we pay him what HE WANTS..then everyone that becomes an FA from Patriots can say..you gave Asante what HE WANTED when you had cap room so why not me?

Comment

da Raidaz!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
              Saints only have Meachem left to sign too.
              Extremely scary thought.
              The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

Asante wants Clements type money, so there's no way NE will budge and give him anywhere near that much. Supposedly, the signing of Vasher hurts Asante because of comparing market deals, but Asante wants a deal that puts him into the upper tier of CB money.

Comment

Originally posted by benchod View Post
                  Asante wants Clements type money, so there's no way NE will budge and give him anywhere near that much. Supposedly, the signing of Vasher hurts Asante because of comparing market deals, but Asante wants a deal that puts him into the upper tier of CB money.
                  Asante's agent says it makes no different what Vasher got :\

what a tard

Comment

The Jaguars have a great cap figure, and they only have 4 of their 11 draft picks unsigned.

Considering that 3 of those 4 are the first-day guys, that'll still be a decent amount of bonus money. But the Jaguars have always been prudent with their funds under Shack Harris.

If they ever fall in love with a free-agent, they'll always be able to cash in and acquire him without any real cap ramifications. That's the upside you get when you have a young, deep team with enough talent to consistantly make playoff runs as is.

Comment

Originally posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
                      Man, San Francisco really used up all of their cap this offseason, huh?
                      They just missed the cut off with $9.8 million. Hey, they resigned their franchise back for 4 years I believe and a stud CB. Not to mention two 1st round picks, one being a LT/RT. I'm satisfied.

Faithful Niner Fan

Comment

ok we have 16 million in cap space but won't use some to sign LJ long term??

Comment

Originally posted by remix 6 View Post
                          Asante's agent says it makes no different what Vasher got :\

what a tard
                          imo, it doesnt really, Asante's a more complete player.

Comment

Originally posted by OzTitan View Post
                            Gotta say, even though the Jaguars have only really been middle to upper middle of the pack for a while now, they're cap management is superb. I believe their motto is "backloading is a naughty word", which means their team salary stays even and doesn't jump up one year all of a sudden. That and they are usually very quiet FA players. I guess it puts a stress on drafting well so it's only a good cap system if you're good at that really, which they generally have been, being a playoff contender lately.

Anyway, that's enough of my divisional rival love, just don't think they get enough credit for their cap management.
                            Why thank you.

Backloading is what screwed the Jags' cap in the early 00's, so there's precedent for such a strategy.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

The Bills have a team consistant of 1, thats ONE starter that is over the age of 30. (Peerless Price who will be turning 31 in October) They have a franchise QB and WR whos contract is up in the next two years.

I have a feeling that the Bills are saving wisely because they know that a bunch of thier team will be up for contracts sooner than later. And they like to keep the core nucleus of Levy type guys together for the next 5 years or so.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                                ok we have 16 million in cap space but won't use some to sign LJ long term??
                                He's a 27 going on 28 year old RB who just came off of 400 carries in a season. At 28, its generally said that RB's only have ~3 years of solid production left and for the 4 RB's who had a 400 carry season, their following season and careers were injury plagued. It makes sense from a business standpoint to be weary of giving him a new contract.

But Larry's a unique case because he essentially sat behind Priest for a couple years, so I don't buy much into the age argument. The carries argument kinda works with the age and I think his body will hold up, so there go the major reasons for KC not wanting to give LJ a new contract. The major problem is money, which is always the case, he wants more guaranteed money than LT, and that's the hold up.

They'll get the deal done before the season starts, but there probably will be a holdout that'll affect training camp.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information