Ten-million dollar club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cap? What's a cap?

With Snyder at the helm, the one thing he can do is squeeze under the cap.

Comment

Originally posted by cdf2108 View Post
      well yeah, but you forget to add that a lot of these teams have rookies who will most likely command large signing bonuses, especially cleveland.
      Cash over cap and signing bonus amortization are great concepts.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
      <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

The San Francisco 49ers, who already have locked up starting running back Frank Gore to a contract extension and spent heavily on free-agent cornerback Nate Clements, just missed the $10-million club at $9.8 million.
        Die hard 49ers fan for over 20 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
          Steelers have almost no room because they have alot of contracts in their final years like Faneca, Polamalu, Simmons, Starks, Haggans and Colcoulgh. We're supposed to have something like 43 million next year so hopefully we'll use that to get guys like Troy and Ben signed.
          Troy and Ben are musts.

Comment

Am I the only one who wonders if at times an owner with less than scrupulous practices would possibly offer a Free Agent a **** load of money under the table to sign with the team?

Comment

im pretty sure the titans have yet to sign a draft pick which endears me to reinfeldt even more after this strong offseason. (sarcasm)

Comment

haha houston should be on there but we have $30 million in "dead money". WooHOO! charley casserly!

Comment

The $21 mil for the Bills is misleading. The Bills have only signed their 7th rounder (CJ Ah You) so far. Plus, they are going to have to shell out big money to extend Lee Evans and JP Losman after this year. It's really good that we are in a good cap situation right now, because in a few years it's going to get tight again.

Comment

While I don't disagree with the premise of the article, most of those teams will continue to not spend money.

Either way, any GM with a brain knows to lock up as many players as you can with a year or two left on their contracts. I'm not in love with the 5 year-28 million dollar deal that Nathan Vasher got, but it's probably about 2/3 or maybe even half of what he could have commanded in the ridiculous market that will be next offseason.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by drmoyer421 View Post
                      The Bills have a team consistant of 1, thats ONE starter that is over the age of 30. (Peerless Price who will be turning 31 in October) They have a franchise QB and WR whos contract is up in the next two years.

I have a feeling that the Bills are saving wisely because they know that a bunch of thier team will be up for contracts sooner than later. And they like to keep the core nucleus of Levy type guys together for the next 5 years or so.
                      Plus they are relatively poor. They are one of the lowest revenue generating teams in arguably the smallest (with only New Orleans and Jacksonville in competing) markets, media and otherwise, in the NFL.

The Bills will never be a team that hands out big signing bonuses on a regular basis unless the team moves to Los Angeles, is sold, or both.

Which makes the giant contract given to Derrick Dockery all the more puzzling.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Word has it Pittsburgh should have 34M open after this season.

Could it be destiny to add T-Sizzle?

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                        X

Debug Information