Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SI Ranks The NFL's Owners

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This guy never wastes an opportunity to take potshots at Wayne Weaver.

    He's done so much for the team and, even moreso, the city.

    He's just irritated that Jacksonville has a NFL team and L.A. doesn't (mostly because it's proven that it can't support one, several times).
    Last edited by JT Jag; 07-02-2007, 09:28 PM.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
      al davis is actually a good owner, however he is declining as a general manager.
      I agree but its hard for me to admit it


      Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

      Comment


      • #18
        The fords are overrated....

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Komp View Post
          Yah if Snyder just managed the business side of it and let someone control the football side the Redskins would probably better off. If I am not mistaken the Redskins are worth more than any of the other NFL franchises [except maybe Dallas, I can't remember anymore lol].
          Redskins are the highest now, but Dallas probably will be after the new stadium is done.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
            How Dan Rooney is not #1 or #2 on that list just proves it's a joke.. especially behind Jones, Snyder and McNair.
            i agree

            rooney should be 1 or 2 at the lowest

            Comment


            • #21
              How can the Fords be any higher than #32?

              Comment


              • #22
                Whoa.. how are the Lions not in last, last place? It should always be a List of the Top 31 owners, and Ford should just automatically be in last.

                Comment


                • #23
                  i thought it would go Al Davis last and the Lions 2nd to last

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Green Bay Packers Inc. (Brett Favre)

                    Nice.

                    What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                    they get smoked.

                    2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                    Hint:Not the Bears.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      i dissagree with alot of his list. what is the criteria he is using to rank them? how the team performs? profit? influence? a weird formula of the two. idk. it doesnt make alot of sense to me.

                      like snyder. he is a top notch owner as far as financials. he also has a willingness to spend money. but he acts like he is a GM and does alot of really dumb moves roster wise. that considered i couldnt make him top 5. he is somewhere around 10-12 to me.

                      theres alot of other owners that stood out in one way or another to me as well.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Komp View Post
                        Yah if Snyder just managed the business side of it and let someone control the football side the Redskins would probably better off. If I am not mistaken the Redskins are worth more than any of the other NFL franchises [except maybe Dallas, I can't remember anymore lol].
                        I remember a few months ago reading in the Post that the Skins were the most valueable franchise in all of sports. They nudged out a soccer team, either real madrid or some1 else.

                        If Snyder was smart, he would fire Ceratto, and create a team of college scouts that just make the best out of your picks. The best pick after round 3 we've had under the Snyder era is Rock Cartwright in 7.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          That stadium really helps the Redskins. Tickets prices are unbelievable and the snobby type who infest the DC area pay for it and they consistently sell out the largest stadium (by a lot) in the NFL.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                            i agree

                            rooney should be 1 or 2 at the lowest

                            His team isn't even in the top half of the league for most valuable... how does that make him the best owner?

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by frogstomp View Post
                              His team isn't even in the top half of the league for most valuable... how does that make him the best owner?
                              If the rankings are just on pure finances, no. But what the Rooney's and Mara's have done for this league makes what Dan Snyder has done look miniscule. Both of those families put the good of the league before the value and finances of their own teams.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                                If the rankings are just on pure finances, no. But what the Rooney's and Mara's have done for this league makes what Dan Snyder has done look miniscule. Both of those families put the good of the league before the value and finances of their own teams.

                                *shrug*

                                I think it should involve all things, but at the same time I don't see how a team that isn't even close to the most valuable, could have the "best" owner. Logically, that just wouldn't make any sense.

                                I'm not saying Rooney shouldn't be higher, but I am saying this "The fact that he isn't one proves that this is a joke" comments are nonsense.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information