Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian Dawkins vs. Ed Reed: Who is the best FS in the league?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brian Dawkins vs. Ed Reed: Who is the best FS in the league?

I'm a huge fan of Dawkins myself but Reed seems to get to the ball everytime it's thrown. It's a real tough toss-up for me and I honestly can't decide who is better. What do you guys think?

Ed Reed plays or at least linesup at SS for the Ravens, but either way Ed Reed is the best safety in the NFL.
    HALL OF FAMER!
    PUT ART MODELL IN THE HALL OF FAME!
    JUSTIN BLACKMON IS A GOLDEN GOD!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

It depends on what you qualify as "best." Either way, they're both very special players, and I think it would be unfair to the other one to call one of them the "best."

Comment

Damnit, I meant to have it just say "S" and not "FS". Can a mod fix that?

Comment

Two different styles, very different. Dawkins is more of an intimidating force that will cause players to hesitate when they are around him....while Reed is more of a playmaker.
          Originally posted by Paul
          Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej
          These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10
            Two different styles, very different. Dawkins is more of an intimidating force that will cause players to hesitate when they are around him....while Reed is more of a playmaker.
            Reed can bring the pain when he hits also, he just has a slimmer frame then Dawkins.
            HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

basicaly cant add anything else now lol.

Comment

There is also a huge age difference. Dawkins is 33, while Reed is in his mid 20's and is in his prime. You can't really compare them because they are at different stages of their careers. They also play in significantly different schemes.

I would take Dawkins in his prime due to his all around intimidation, but I'm a bit of a homer there. I can't vote, though, because Reed is fantastic.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Comment

Originally posted by bsaza2358
                  There is also a huge age difference. Dawkins is 33, while Reed is in his mid 20's and is in his prime. You can't really compare them because they are at different stages of their careers. They also play in significantly different schemes.

I would take Dawkins in his prime due to his all around intimidation, but I'm a bit of a homer there. I can't vote, though, because Reed is fantastic.
                  Reed is actually 28 so he is not as young as some think.
                  HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

I couldn't pick which one is the better one, having either one on my Defence would be a massive boost to it and a real addittion.

Both are very special players who play at a consistently high level every time. Like I said, for me it would be a flip of a coin.

Comment

Originally posted by EdReedUnstoppable
                      Reed can bring the pain when he hits also, he just has a slimmer frame then Dawkins.
                      Dawkins is 10 times more physical than Reed....and thats now with a 5 year difference.
                      MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

I love Brian Dawkins, he is number two, but Ed Reed is the best in the league.

Comment

And by the way....the Eagles hater that I am...I have a ton of respect for Dawkins and the way he plays. Laron Landry reminds me of a young Dawkins, hence why I have been all about him since 2004.
                          MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

And by the way....the Eagles hater that I am...I have a ton of respect for Dawkins and the way he plays. Laron Landry reminds me of a young Dawkins, hence why I have been all about him since 2004.
                            Dawan Landry is way better than LaRon Landry. 8)
                            HALL OF FAMER!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999

Comment

Adrian Wilson is the most complete safety in the league

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information