X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dominic Rhodes suspended

Raiders | Rhodes suspended four games
    Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:30:02 -0700

Jason Jones, of the Sacramento Bee, reports Oakland Raiders RB Dominic Rhodes has been suspended the first four games of the 2007 season for violation of the NFL's Substance Abuse policy. He can return to the active roster Oct. 1 and is allowed to practice during training camp while also taking part in preseason games. His suspension begins Aug. 31.
    ouch Raiders :(

Wow, good for the Browns (him not being there against us.) maybe Micheal Bush will step up though?

Comment

the incident was before the raiders signed him and this was expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Windy City Big Gamer Uno View Post
        the incident was before the raiders signed him and this was expected.
        Is this because of the DUI? If so it's just another reason for me to dislike Fuhrer Goodell.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
        <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Dam8610 View Post
          Is this because of the DUI? If so it's just another reason for me to dislike Fuhrer Goodell.
          Probably roids.

Comment

Yes, I just draft Lamont Jordan in FF.

Comment

Originally posted by GB12 View Post
              Yes, I just draft Lamont Jordan in FF.
              Eh, we still got Crockett, Fargas, O'neal and Griffith to run the rock. Not to mention the possibility of Michael Bush being used. At this point I guess LaMont will get about 50% of the carries, when regularily he'd get like 35%...

that is plain supposition though.

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                Eh, we still got Crockett, Fargas, O'neal and Griffith to run the rock. Not to mention the possibility of Michael Bush being used. At this point I guess LaMont will get about 50% of the carries, when regularily he'd get like 35%...

that is plain supposition though.
                Yeah, I'm not expecting huge numbers, but he has gained a little value from this.

Comment

So putting not only your life, but the lives of anyone else who is on the road, on the line because you are a stupid idiot doesn't warrant a suspension. I'd bet a majority of people would lose their jobs if their employer found out they got a DUI. Dominic Rhodes is being suspended for four days.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                    So putting not only your life, but the lives of anyone else who is on the road, on the line because you are a stupid idiot doesn't warrant a suspension. I'd bet a majority of people would lose their jobs if their employer found out they got a DUI. Dominic Rhodes is being suspended for four days.
                    Very good point.

Comment

I wonder what substance he tested positive for...

Comment

Dont believe he tested positive for anything...this has to do w/ his DUI. Torrie Cox was also suspened today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          Dont believe he tested positive for anything...this has to do w/ his DUI. Torrie Cox was also suspened today.
                          Since when is a DUI related to the substance-abuse program?

Comment

If he disobeyed the substabnce abuse policy it's his own fault.

Even worse for the Raiders who signed him knowing of this..

Comment

“We are very troubled by Dominic Rhodes arrest for DUI,” Colts President Bill Polian said in a statement. “We will have no further comment until the case has been dealt with by the justice system.”

He said Rhodes’ contract expires Feb. 28, when he becomes a free agent, and that the back would be subject to NFL discipline under the substance abuse policy.

This was before he became a Raider.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information