No announcement yet.

Top 10 most indespensable players

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's still ridiculous to say that Joey Harrington would make the Falcons better than Michael Vick.

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

In the six years since Vick has come into the league, what's their W/L record when he's been sidelined?

Not trying to sound like a homer, but I'm a bit surprised Vince Young isn't on this list.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
        Nope, not having Peyton #1 is just wrong.

And LT not on the list at all is just plain bad.
        Peyton may be the best QB in football, but I don't think he's necessarily the most valuable. With all of the weapons the Colts have on that offense I think Jim Sorgi would fare better than Michael Bennett or Matt Cassell would on their respective teams. I think it's fine that LJ is #1 on that list. The Chiefs have very little in terms of a passing game. Even if Dwayne Bowe develops quickly, you still have a very unexperienced QB in Brodie Croyle and no other reliable receivers. Michael Bennett isn't anything close to a starting caliber back. And he's proven that. If the Chiefs lose LJ, say hello to a top 3-5 pick in the draft. I think if the Pats lost Brady or the Colts lost Manning they could still compete for their respective divisions.

Comment

The fact that Manning is even on the list is ridiculous. Sorgi is the greatest QB to ever touch a football, the Colts just use Manning so some games are fair. You wanna talk about a team that would be better without their starting QB, it's the Colts, not the Falcons.

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

They have a poll for most indispensible for each team, though the results are as if people just chose the most recognizable name on the list.
            http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sports...ion22457=90943

Comment

I get the Michael Turner philosophy, but seriously. Who is Chudiha fooling?

Gates is big, and one of the key cogs of our passing attack, but he's not LT.

Comment

Manning #3? Seriously? And behind the guy who got famous by riding his defense? I don't value this writer's opinion at all.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

i disagree actually... without him that offense would have been absolutly attrocious

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
                    i disagree actually... without him that offense would have been absolutly attrocious
                    I don't get what you're saying.

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                      The Falcons look like one of those boom or bust teams right now. I guess the other mediocre teams in their division make them look better than they really are, but if they fall to 5-11 or something like that, it likely wouldn't matter who is playing QB at that point. The team in general doesn't look very good and that includes Vick.
                      The NFC South is not mediocre. The Saints look to be Super Bowl contenders, the Panthers were a Super Bowl favorite and have a ton of potential, the Falcons are boom or bust, and the Bucs are going from old to young fast.

And saying the Falcons would be better off without Vick is ignorant.
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Gates have to disagree with, he's not the most indispensible player on the Chargers. To be honest, it could be Jamal Williams, without him there is no centerpiece to that defense, which really opens things up for other teams....however I don't think you can really say any player is "indispensible" when their teams are as talented as teams like the Chargers, Patriots, Colts etc. Those teams, which all have players in the top five, are all talented enough to make up for each other...

Real indispensible palyers are the ones like LJ, who have become the entire identity of a team's offense or defense.

And as for Harrington being a better QB/better off for the Falcons...thats ridiculous, and if you truly believe they are talk to Lions or Dolphins fans about him. Not trying to knock Harrington or Vick, but Harrington isn't exactly miles ahead, if ahead at all, on Vick, as a QB, let alone a player. If you don't like Vick thats fine, but saying Harrington is a better option is a little ridiculous.

Comment

Huh? Peyton has 2 great receivers and a amazing O Line with a good defense and great coaches

^ bantx
                          Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
                          **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
                          Originally posted by Jughead10
                          I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

Originally posted by LitoSheppard View Post
                            Huh? Peyton has 2 great receivers and a amazing O Line with a good defense and great coaches
                            "Amazing" is stretching it.

Jim Sorgi couldn't do what Peyton does.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                              The NFC South is not mediocre. The Saints look to be Super Bowl contenders, the Panthers were a Super Bowl favorite and have a ton of potential, the Falcons are boom or bust, and the Bucs are going from old to young fast.

And saying the Falcons would be better off without Vick is ignorant.
                              The South went six games under .500 against non NFC South opponents. That's a pretty bad showing, and the Falcons were beaten badly both times they played the Saints. I don't think Atlanta is better without Vick, but they could be just bad enough to the point where having Vick wouldn't really make much of a difference.
                              aka KGB Chicken

Comment

"Amazing" is stretching it.

Jim Sorgi couldn't do what Peyton does.
                                No one could do what peyton does, thats not the point, the colts would still be sucsefull without Peyton Manning

^ bantx
                                Originally posted by LEROY_FROM_YONDER
                                **** this forum it will never ever been good cause its memebers eat doo doo
                                Originally posted by Jughead10
                                I just left him negative rep saying "I don't eat doo doo".

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information