• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
    Jamie Martin.

I rest my case.

Comment

I'm with him about LJ.

I think Brady is too high. He shouldn't be in the top 10. The system exploits the weaknesses of the other teams defense not highlight a QBs skills. Throw Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Jim Sorgi, Joey Harrington in their and they are still likely to be in playoff contention. The Pats defense and their bend not break philosophy is good enough to ride on for about 7 wins. Brady puts them in a position to wear they will win a few more games. W/o Brady they still are a .500 or above .500 team.
      Last edited by bored of education; 07-06-2007, 06:43 AM.
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I know you guys might be joking, but Jim Sorgi's stats are actually pretty good. I'd be anxious to see how he'd do in the starting role, perhaps if he were traded or something, hell he has better stats than Schaub.

In the last 3 regular season games that Sorgi has thrown a pass in (a total of 86 passes in those games, which is a fair sample considering he has only thrown 90 passes in his carreer) he has had a QB rating of 110.1, 103.8, and 94.7 (against the Broncos, Seahawks, and Cardinals). In his career he has a 5 to 1 TD ratio.

Jim Sorgi Carreer Stats (90 attempts)
        99.3 QB Rating
        65.6% completion rate
        5 TDs, 1 INT

Not bad for someone with no experience on the field, and basicly in his rookie year.

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
          Nope, not having Peyton #1 is just wrong.

And LT not on the list at all is just plain bad.
          You have to admit the Chiefs would be HORRIBLE without LJ. Peyton is a toss up at 1 with LJ. And LT shouldn't even be on the list. They have Michael Turner at backup, they wouldn't be as good but they'd still make the playoffs.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
            I'm with him about LJ.

I think Brady is too high. He shouldn't be in the top 10. The system exploits the weaknesses of the other teams defense not highlight a QBs skills. Throw Brodie Croyle, Damon Huard, Jim Sorgi, Joey Harrington in their and they are still likely to be in playoff contention. The Pats defense and their bend not break philosophy is good enough to ride on for about 7 wins. Brady puts them in a position to wear they will win a few more games. W/o Brady they still are a .500 or above .500 team.
            You really think they would have been a .500 team last year w/o Brady? Come on, Jabar Gaffney and Reche Caldwell. Brady makes everyone on that offense look so much better than they are. I mean, Gaffney got cut by the Eagles pre-Stallworth trade, instead of stalwarts like Greg Lewis and all of a sudden he's looking halfway decent with the Pats?

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post
              I know you guys might be joking, but Jim Sorgi's stats are actually pretty good. I'd be anxious to see how he'd do in the starting role, perhaps if he were traded or something, hell he has better stats than Schaub.

In the last 3 regular season games that Sorgi has thrown a pass in (a total of 86 passes in those games, which is a fair sample considering he has only thrown 90 passes in his carreer) he has had a QB rating of 110.1, 103.8, and 94.7 (against the Broncos, Seahawks, and Cardinals). In his career he has a 5 to 1 TD ratio.

99.3 QB Rating
              65.6% completion rate
              5 TDs, 1 INT

Not bad for someone with no experience on the field, and basicly in his rookie year.
              Like I said, get rid of that scmuck Manning and put the real QB in the game. However, it may not be fair to the rest of the league to do something like that so keep Sorgi on the bench. We want to give the teams a chance don't we? ;)

Comment

I disagree with #2 and #5 the most.

The Falcons wouldn't have won 3 games last season without Vick as our QB. Schaub never won a game for us, he kept us in them, but he never won one because why? OUR TEAM is weak...

Comment

No disrespect to Antonio Gates as I think he is a great player but there is no way a tight end is more indespensable than the majority of quarterbacks in the NFL. I find it amazing the list didn't include Drew Brees. Without Drew Brees the Saints wouldn't have won five games last year.

Comment

Hey 255979119, should I go around negative repping anyone who calls Manning a choker or a regular season QB? It's my opinion, get over it. If you want to argue it, that's fine, but giving negative rep for an opinion is pretty weak.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                    <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Panthers' offense would have been dead last in the NFL if Steve Smith wasn't there. He opens the offense up to do what little damage it can with it's pathetic play calling. Without him they can't get past anyone. 19 total points in the Panthers' first two games without Smith, Delhomme threw no touchdowns and a pick.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerb929 View Post

99.3 QB Rating
                        65.6% completion rate
                        5 TDs, 1 INT

Never judge a guy based on two extended cameos (i.e. 3 quarters or so of player per game). He still has a noodle arm, waning accuracy and poor fundamentals. He's really a game manager at best.

Though of course, Jim Sorgi did build Rome in a day.
                        Is that a rash?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece

Comment

Originally posted by Acreboy View Post
                          I don't get what you're saying.
                          LJ ... oh you said LT? haha my bad

Sig By Diehardvikingfan

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                            This is a filthy lie. Jim Sorgi can throw a ball further than even "Gunslinger" Brett Favre and like someone said earlier, the Colts only play with Peyton because if Sorgi played, it wouldn't be fair to the other teams as Sorgi would average 550 yards and 8 TD per. Hence, the NFL doesn't want such embarassment.

I think Vick at #7 is a mistake there too. I just don't think he's that important to the team. Sorry, but even an average QB could hit 53.8% of his passes. His 1.36:1 TD/INT ratio isn't exactly scorching up the stats either. I know he's a valuable rusher, but so are Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood, and they're not playing QB.
                            How dare you interfere with the undying lovefest for Vick on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                              Though of course, Jim Sorgi did build Rome in a day.
                              Quit exaggerating...it didn't take him a full day.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
                              <Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge

Comment

Originally posted by Philliez01 View Post
                                Never judge a guy based on two extended cameos (i.e. 3 quarters or so of player per game). He still has a noodle arm, waning accuracy and poor fundamentals. He's really a game manager at best.
                                Blasphemy. Jim Sorgi can throw a football from his own end zone to the opposing teams end zone... laying down.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information